Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Re: RoE Monster Pack - Doom 3 monsters in Doom 2

Post by Ghastly »

My little brother's finished up his edits to the Shotgun ZSec's head for the pain and death animations (looks really good, since we couldn't really use any other animation besides the Doomguy's), and I've started on the recolor. Should only take me a day or so, then I'll send it to PrznDoom to put the blood on.

As for the decorate, I've done a few small things for all three (complete) ZSec's. The pistol variant can fire continuously with a random delay in between shots, the shotgun variant fires immediately after it's pain state (since it always seems they do that anyway), and the machinegun variant doesn't loop it's attack, it just continuously fires for a little while (with a chance to put a small delay in the middle, so you think it's stopped).
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

im one lazy mother Fricker...lol

well if ya'll havnt noticed i'v been burned out for the past what?? august...and since then i tried to move on and go foward but it seems like working out you gotta stop or you'll wont see any results...

i dont even feel like dooming anymore..sometimes!

lots of stuff happened so i think its best if i stop doom-work and get back to my mojo..cuz i kinda pressure myself to do it, and parents pressure me to do this and instructor pressure me to do that...blahhhhhh

so im sorry, i will do the 2 monsters ( imp n bruiser) when i get back

so long for now!

:cheers:

for my lil farewell gift i edited this..just a base and shape..i didnt use X2 zoom for better detail that i like but i tried not small things bother me...though i like X2 oh well...hope its good enough to work with
i saw vegeta's base so i just did a simple edit..i wanted to make a gun but then i felt thats too much work...<br /><br />soooooo here<br /><br />VEGETA!! WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT THIS THREADS POWER LEEEEVAAL???
i saw vegeta's base so i just did a simple edit..i wanted to make a gun but then i felt thats too much work...

soooooo here

VEGETA!! WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT THIS THREADS POWER LEEEEVAAL???
CLAYC1.PNG (1.45 KiB) Viewed 1806 times
took a lil more time...didnt feel like recoloring it
took a lil more time...didnt feel like recoloring it
CLAYA3A7.PNG (1.67 KiB) Viewed 1800 times
k now im done.....have fun if this works!
k now im done.....have fun if this works!
CLAYA2A8.PNG (1.67 KiB) Viewed 1801 times
Last edited by przndoom on Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Ah, okay. When hobby and life collide, life takes precedence (otherwise you wake up in 5 years and think "How the hell did I get here?" :P).
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

lol yep..well have fun! ill join in when im ready lol

hope you saw the update cuz i just finished it XD and u posted..lol

P.S ill check once in a while..but contribution is on a hault till then

BTW send the sprites if want me to edit...one day i just might have a small lil spark of mojo!lol just like now editing those 3 sprites

p.s.s i really want to see a MGS <!> mod like the sound and the effect lol

i kinda played a bit of wii and saw snake and then youtube snake in a box and now i want to get a box and hide it and see what happens when i go to the mall or sears...(recording it of course) on halloween hahahah XD

someone takes the box off and i have a SPARTAAA cut out or WEEGEE STARE cut out as a mask..and have the <!> on a stick and then i just put it on my head lol...then carry a boom box that has sound/music/snake convo( i know some good impersonators that do good dubbing/ to play and run out playing the encounter theme...that would be fun n relaxing.

(*RING RING! RING RING!* *veeww...snake where are you? you have a mission right now..not noooow....im in my happy plaaace....what? why??? ...cuz i want this girls ( boys..2 diff audio) shoes...you cant do that!....then i quite!!! what> no! Snake? are you there snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!)

:lol:

k im done

:cheers:
DeathFactory

Post by DeathFactory »

Well! I've been absent from the forum for a while, but this is one of the most promising projects by far that have popped up since I have been gone! Kudos to all who have been working on this endeavor, I looke forward to employing these in a project soon.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Thank you, I always appreciate it when people say kind things about my projects. Unfortunately, with the time it took to get this far, and with what's left to do, it probably won't be finished anytime soon.

Though, I must say this has gone much farther than what originally intended for this project (I was just remaking the 3 Hell Hunters, back then, as my first decorate work). I'm very glad this project has gotten so large and has progressed so much since those days.
Dulle

Post by Dulle »

@Ghastly Dragon : Can I keep little (or maybe bigger) pause about the sabaoth.
It's quite hard and I sometimes lose motivation.
Can you tell if there is monster sprites needed so I can start them. :cheers:
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Certainly, you can take breaks from the Sabaoth. It's not like I'm the boss of what people do in their free time :P. For sprites that are needed, basically any monster not already done or being worked on :lol:.
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

@Ghastly: Sorry I haven't done much, but the GOW project is on FIRE! Y'know, level design-wise.
I will try to finish the headless zombie (w/the lower jaw) this weekend. If not, I'll get him to you A.S.A.P.
As far as the Guardian stuff (which we went over a while ago), don't expect 'im anytime soon. You might want to use someone else for that monster.
After the zombie, I'll get back to work on the GOW game.
Maybe I'll join back up with you guys, later (it'll happen sooner if we hear from GrapeFruit, though).

I WUV YOU THIS MUCH* :railgun: (Whoops! Wrong smily...)

*Of course, I don't mean this. If I didn't type that, my joke wouldn't have worked.

P.S: I liked this one (below) more than the ones w/green helmets (and new helmet designs). Give 'im a D3 Machine Gun, dudes!
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Blade3327 wrote:I will try to finish the headless zombie (w/the lower jaw) this weekend.
That might not be a great idea, at the moment. Toenail and I haven't finished up the main zombie civilian sprite set. I'll PM you the wad, so you know what I mean.
Dulle

Post by Dulle »

Now I got it! I start vulgar spriting. :P
@Ghastly Dragon : Is monster pack (including the wraith) getting done?
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

So long as this pack is getting worked on, yes :P.

About the Vulgar, Toenail made a quick test sprite of it using Eriance's Vulgar (from the Demon Eclipse mod):

Eriance's Vulgar can be downloaded on the sixth page of the Realm667 Beastiary.
Vader

Post by Vader »

Looks decent, but I think you should've kept it's original width instead of squeezing it horizontally!
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

That's kinda what I thought. Give the head a cone shape, add a tail, and recolor. Plus, by squishing 'im, you lose some great shading effects on Eriance's Vulgar!

@Ghastly: I got your PM. I'll just edit one the sprite sheets that Toenail posted earlier (the ones with all of the sprites and animations) in Paint and post the new sheet here. I also said this in my PM reply XD.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

I think the head should be a little thinner, if not the rest of the body, and of course some of the spikes could be done away with. Also, the tail could be copied from Eriance's Hellion, which is also on the Beastiary.

After the main work is done on it, I'll do some recolors of the A1 sprite so people can see which fits the monster better (personally, I think light blue does).

Return to “Resources”