[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Enjay

Re: [Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

Post by Enjay »

Did you cheat or no-clip at any point during the map? In order for the door to open, a monster has to teleport into the play area. When you kill it, the door opens. However, if you noclip, it is very easy to miss out the area where your shots will wake up the monster in its hidden teleport room. So, if it doesn't wake up, it won't wander around, won't cross a teleport line and you won't be able to kill it. The monster in question is in a little teleport room at location x4448, y-3232.
Zatos

Post by Zatos »

No... I haven't cheated at all.
Demolisher
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Demolisher »

I recall encountering this, I went back, killed everything, and it was open.
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

TheDarkArchon wrote:
Enjay wrote: There was an area where I went through a hole in a wall and I just stopped and looked at it for a while. The area couldn't have been much bigger than 192x192 units but it was made just perfectly. The broken wall was the right width, not just some generic 32 units wide. The slopes and textures in the cavity beyond the hole created a believable representation of a rocky blast hole and the way it dropped down into the next area using slopes was just right.

This isn't just any hole in a wall: It's an expertly crafted, finely exploded hole in the wall created with the most exotic foreign explosives and tangy nodes.

This isn't just any terrain. This is KDiZD terrain.

I couldn't resist :P
I originally read this as "tangy noodles", which I hold to be a superior tagline.
Zatos

Post by Zatos »

Demolisher wrote:I recall encountering this, I went back, killed everything, and it was open.
I checked... no monsters left. I warped as suggested and killed the monsters in there. Sucks having to cheat, but what can you do when something is buggy? Somehow though at least one of the monsters inside there became active, as I could hear him nearby in one of the rooms. At the end I did have 100% kills so I know I didnt miss any.
Orangewaggs

Post by Orangewaggs »

im not trying to cause trouble but i was playing doom 3 classic the other day and the ending kinda cool and i was kinda of thinking if kdizd had voice acting in the intro why didn't it have any for the ending kinda like d3 classic? :)
this was just a thought that came to mind like i said i wasnt trying to bump this and make people mad.....
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

...because the "voice acting" was, I believe, and old add for DooM, and not made by the KDiZD team?
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

Indeed. The audio from the KDiZD intro was based on a radio advertisement that id Software made for Doom's original release.
Ceeb

Post by Ceeb »

esselfortium wrote:Indeed. The audio from the KDiZD intro was based on a radio advertisement that id Software made for Doom's original release.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

One of the awesomest map packs EVER.

One big question... why is it that I can't use weapon mods with it? Brutal Doom, Project MSX, and Russian Overkill don't work at all. Is there a place where I can find a version of KDIZD that can be compatible with weapon mods (like say... a more "vanilla" version...)?
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Well, you could make it compatible yourself
edward850

Post by edward850 »

No.
Absolutely not.
Never yes.
Negative.
Nada.
Why would you expect this?

KDiZD is incompatible with gameplay mods because it is just simply incompatible. No if, ands or buts about it. Stuff like this was never really intended to be compatible.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

It's incompatible with many mods because of the KEYCONF lump. That was the only way to add new weapons when it was first made.

I once took it upon myself to rectify this for myself.
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

I think the new monsters would break mods, too.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Ed the Bat wrote:It's incompatible with many mods because of the KEYCONF lump. That was the only way to add new weapons when it was first made.

I once took it upon myself to rectify this for myself.
This fix makes it compatible with other mods?

Return to “Levels”