Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Re: RoE Monster Pack - Doom 3 monsters in Doom 2

Post by Ghastly »

.+:icytux:+. wrote:i dont see imps doing what!?!?!?
.+:icytux:+. wrote:it might make him fall of some ledges and so on
:P
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

why would imps walk while attacking? xD
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

ghastly made a code that made the spiders come down from a web..so it i was think to do showing its back then it spawns it on the ground like the spider..and for the window just made graphics texture instead just for scare effect

i think i found a good 1 but its a monkey...so almost!
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

.+:icytux:+. wrote:why would imps walk while attacking? xD
They don't want to get shot by Doomguy. :P
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Yo Ghastly, here's what I have done so far with the shotgun Z-sec sprites. Sorry for the delay, I thought that I was going to end fast, but real life and laziness delayed me more than expected.
The editing I did was very simple, just put the new head on the shotgun marine sprites, there's a little number of unedited sprites, that I'll continue soon, yet I want to post what I have as this work doesn't deserves this waiting and perhaps you may want to finish it quickly.
I know it's a very easy thing to edit, some times I can do editings more complex than this a lot faster, but as I said laziness is owning me.

No more talking, here's the link. If you have problems with Mediafire just tell me where to upload.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ldfiyzznhoj

BTW, do you know if it's possible to add green colors to a skin and make it not to change with team games. There are some greens that are not on the list used by the player, should these work for this? Also do you know how to set default colors for a skin, like some of ST official skins that have their own default values? I want to make a Piccolo skin and it looks ugly if the green of its skin changes on teams.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Vegeta(dw) wrote:BTW, do you know if it's possible to add green colors to a skin and make it not to change with team games. There are some greens that are not on the list used by the player, should these work for this? Also do you know how to set default colors for a skin, like some of ST official skins that have their own default values? I want to make a Piccolo skin and it looks ugly if the green of its skin changes on teams.
Unfortunately, the only greens in the Doom palette (#112 - #127) are used by the DoomPlayer class in Player.ColorRange, so there aren't any non-translatable greens for skins. As for default color translation for skins, in the SkinInfo lump, you can define the default color, like: color = "00 ff 00" (Red Green Blue). The examples in Skulltag.wad are very good :D.

Thanks for finishing that up, by the way :D! I'll get my little brother to edit the head (he's good at small edits like that, but works mostly with Sonic the Hedgehog and Pokemon sprites), and I'll recolor the whole thing. The ZSec machinegun still should be redone, but I don't have a good base for it. A SMG Doomguy skin would be perfect for it.
.+:icytux:+. wrote:why would imps walk while attacking? xD
The functionality for A_Chase doesn't change, whether it's used in the See state or the Missile state, or with a 0-delay or not. If Imps won't walk off a ledge, Sabaoth won't drive off a ledge :).
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

@PrznDoom & Toenail: Did you guys get those messages I sent you?

@Ghastly: Um... is it possible to make enemies in Doom take cover, behind raised sectors? It'd be nice to know for my GOW WAD (some of the sprite animations will be based on your answer). Maybe later, you can help w/the programming... If you'd like.

@Vegeta: The shotgun guy head is pretty good (lol, I almost wrote "food"), but why not put it on the previous ZSecs made on this thread?
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Um... is it possible to make enemies in Doom take cover, behind raised sectors?
Yeah, but it would require some sort of ACS scripting, possibly setgoal to a mapspot behind cover or something , you couldn't make the monsters do it on their own, they're not intelligent :lol:
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

That head comes from a Strife sprite, Przdoom (if I'm remember right, if not was Toenail) did the editings. The reason not to use it on the other Z-secs is that Z-secs have different heads in DOOM 3.
For the Machinegun Z-sec I'd use base player skin, with a different head, same coloration as the Shotgun Z-sec, and the weapon colored to be darker. I'd also use a black and red head instead the currently green one. Perhaps the head alone can be ripped from Doomero's mod.
I have an idea for a new head, I'll post it as soon as I got it.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Blade3327 wrote:@Ghastly: Um... is it possible to make enemies in Doom take cover, behind raised sectors?
Nope. The only way that was possible in Doom 3 was that certain monsters were scripted to run behind that cover. In Quake 4, however, certain monsters and other marines take cover quite intelligently (from what I've seen from a few Youtube videos).

Also, it's not possible to change an actor's height in-game, so crouching would only be a visual thing.
Vegeta(dw) wrote:The reason not to use it on the other Z-secs is that Z-secs have different heads in DOOM 3.
Yeah, though the Machinegun and Shield ZSecs use the same helmet.
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

@Ghastly: No? So they can't hide behind something and be safe from fire? That sucks...

In GOW, the enemies would come out of holes in the ground and everytime one died, another would emerge. After enough were killed, the hole sealed itself automatically.
However, you could seal the hole (sooner) yourself by throwing a frag grenade into it, regradless of how many enemies have spawned, there.
Is this possible to do in ZDoom? I'm guessing no, but I'm not totally sure...
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

Blade3327 wrote:In GOW, the enemies would come out of holes in the ground and everytime one died, another would emerge. After enough were killed, the hole sealed itself automatically.
However, you could seal the hole (sooner) yourself by throwing a frag grenade into it, regradless of how many enemies have spawned, there.
Is this possible to do in ZDoom? I'm guessing no, but I'm not totally sure...
ofcourse it is. just make the monsters activate a script when they die that spawns a new monster, and add to a counter, when the counter is full, seal the hole. and make a decorate actor that is only vulnerable to a fraggrenade , put it in the hole. if it dies, seal the hole and terminate the monster spawning scripts.
2005 FY9

Re: Reincarnation of Evil Monster Pack - More betas pg14

Post by 2005 FY9 »

Blade3327 wrote:@PrznDoom: I'd be happy to work on the Pinky head! So, just the head, right? You don't want me to do the rest of the body? Do you want me to make the new head on EVERY sideways walking sprite (example picture below), as well?

@CaptainToenail: Great Cacodemon, but the 45-degree angle shot does look a bit goofy. His lower jaw is sticking out way too much, like it's swollen. Just add the spines and keep up the good work!
A hue change on Vader's would be just fine. To make it more accurate, you could also shrink the horns; but they are fine there. These don't have to be perfect, but that does look a lot like the Doom 3 version.

Actually, I have an idea: You should make a non-cybernetic version of that where its back is demon rather than mechanical > Doom 3 needs this if its going to have a classic doom style mod.
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Hey Ghastly here's the head I have in mind (I have other as plan B that you may like better). Forget the body and just look at the head, I suggest to copy past the pic onto your favorite image editor and zoom it as you wish to see it properly.

http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zsc3a1sn2.gif

I think the head together with the weapon could be pasted over the pistol marine skin to make the Machinegun Z-Sec. If you like the idea I'll make the frame A of this guy on the 5 angles. I'd do the rest but I know I'd delay some weeks.
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

Yeah, that is a pretty good ZSec head.

@2005 FY9: How far back into this thread did you go? lol. As for your second suggestion (about the back legs), I don't think it'd look too good... Although your horn idea was pretty helpful. I might actually try that, sometime.

@Ghastly: Tomorrow is the beginning of the weekend, for me. I'll spend my HW-free time on the zombie edits I promised and my other WADs.

Return to “Resources”