[Resource] Bubbles! (now with horizontal movement!)

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Enjay

Re: [Resource] Bubbles! (now with horizontal movement!)

Post by Enjay »

Ah, that's much better. I had tried using A_Recoil, but didn't manage to get it working as nicely as you did. They look very natural now. :)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I'm intrigued by this bit of code:

Code: Select all

Death:
	TNT1 A 0
	Goto CheckDistance
As far as I can tell, the insect should never die anyway but, if it did somehow, wouldn't it's death state having a "goto" that sends it back to one of the states it is supposed to have when it has health cause a problem somehow? Or is it needed for something?
JonayaRiley
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by JonayaRiley »

Enjay wrote:I'm intrigued by this bit of code:

Code: Select all

Death:
	TNT1 A 0
	Goto CheckDistance
As far as I can tell, the insect should never die anyway but, if it did somehow, wouldn't it's death state having a "goto" that sends it back to one of the states it is supposed to have when it has health cause a problem somehow? Or is it needed for something?
No, actually it's a throwback to when I was trying to make them projectiles. I'll fix it and re-upload now.

EDIT: Done, now they'll just disappear if forced into their death state with a script or something, if anyone wants to remove the insects from their map that way or something.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

/bubbly bumpage

I thought I might as well upload this. It's a simple player class replacement that breathes out JonnyFive's bubbles when he is under water. I think it works quite well and the idea may come in handy... somehow.

If anyone fancies improving the DECORATE, please do because I am certain that it can be done more efficiently. I had to set up a counter system because the player breathing every walk cycle was too frequent but I'm pretty sure that it can be done better than this.

The MAPINFO makes it so that you never run out of air underwater so that you can test the breathing system. The fact that you will not drown is down to the MAPINFO and nothing to do with the player class.

http://www.zshare.net/download/543786712ff32d04/
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Anyone willed to submit this to the Realm667?

Return to “Editing (Archive)”