Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Vegeta(dw)

Re: RoE Monster Pack - Doom 3 monsters in Doom 2

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

I found a zombie sprite set that I think you're going to like.
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=9965

It edits the sergeant so it has it's arms down and jaw open. It's actually very well done.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

@Blade: I've been doing that to the Quake 4 and Doom 3 demos for the past year or so, actually, including ogg/wav conversion with Audacity :P. I just don't have the full Doom 3, but I managed to get some people to send me monster sounds a little at a time. Those are the only monsters people haven't sent me, yet.

@Vegeta: Thanks!

@Dulle: You could probably do another death, since if the monster is still standing, so to speak, in the death state, it wouldn't make a lot of sense if it wasn't blocking anymore. Probably something where the tank breaks down and he falls to the ground, or something like that.

I'm, also, not sure about Tormentor's Beastiary. I wanted the monsters in this pack to stay together so if someone was looking for all the Doom 3 monsters, they'd be here in one pack (easily rippable, in case they want just one or two monsters). If they were all submitted, there's the chance that a few would be rejected.

I'll either put it on only IdGames (when I figure out how), or see if Tormentor will allow the full pack as one download.
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

I also found this site
http://www.doomwadstation.com//jeremy/Skins.htm

That has a skin of The Punisher holding a minigun, I think it'd be a good base for the chaingun commando (unless you're using the chaingun holding marine). There are also some wads with great sprites (check first Goblin mod) that I think it's worth to look at (not necessary for this mod though), like a well done Giant Cyberdemon, and stuff, some of them very suitable for Heretic/Hexen.

I also like to ask you if you'd like to give me a hand on a Skulltag Dragon Ball mod, there are skins of 3 of the main characters, and I have weapon sprites form them from other mod. Basically all the sprites are done (well most, I'd create some new one using these as base). The only work needed are maps (I already made DBZ maps long time ago) and DECORATE. It'd wouldn't be much of a trouble (I think).
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

That Punisher is a higher-res sprite, isn't it? Shrinking those things can sometimes be a pain and they don't end up looking as clean.
Gez

Post by Gez »

You don't have to shrink them, you can just use the scale properties.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Scaling works for the entire sprite, but the minigun would have to be shrunk to fit the rest of the sprite (if just the minigun were used).
Dulle

Post by Dulle »

@GhastlyDragon : I have problems doing the sabaoth sprites (3/5 rotate),so don't wonder if you can't see more sabaoth sprites
at coming seconds. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Dulle on Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

A little generous with the smilies, aren't we?
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

wow! man thats a really good sab...much better than what i made! great job!!!

for the sounds i think i linked a huge file that had all the voices for each monster and some new ones to fit like the half jawed zombie makes a gurgling sound and lots of other cool sounds....

the bruiser ( ghastly fav.) is actually my fav to work on...ill try to put up the walking..only thing i hate and its the only brick wall right now, is the TV set (teeth-vision...... get it! EL OH EL!!!) but yea...editing the legs and torso the same color is a bit tough on getting it look right XD but yeah..dont worry ghastly you'll be the first to see all my edit...

for the imp...i lost it man...gosh iono what to do but here is a link to anyone who wants to pick it up or maybe ill pick it up :cry:

( i have not found or made a good base for the rest of the sprites need...i searched and got tired but sigh if i come across it then it will be done!)
IF YOU DONT WANT IT TO SPOIL THE FINALLY THEN YEAH DNT DL

xD
Spoiler:
@Vegeta: VEGEETAAA WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT THE POTATO CHIP!!!

ಠ‿ಠ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrAcIOHHCOs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSt0jd0zL7g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6P_sXbQtgc <----best 1
Last edited by przndoom on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Orangewaggs

Post by Orangewaggs »

DOOOOOOOODGE!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

@PrznDoom: Great to hear from you again, man. So... where are you having trouble on the Imp?
Also, if we're gonna have SLIGHTLY higher-res sprites, there's a filter in PhotoShop to make things look more screen-ish (for your Bruiser's mouth). You can apply it to the TV screen, if you want.

One more thing - your spoilers that you posted don't work. I get a message that says "the attached file doesn't exist, anymore." Argh!
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

there i re did it so now it should work :P

"who the **** are you....HI :)! im nappa....this is vegeta....he was a PRISON BI***..shut up nappa...hey look thats their queen....im curious on how they breed..oh god nappa...hey you two! breeeeed for us"

"nappa what are you doing....im cuddling it vegeta...its dead nappa...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

@PrznDoom: Great sprites! I noticed you have a set for the Imp throwing underhand and overhand... But the overhand doesn't seem complete (not very many animation frames or rotations)...
Dulle

Post by Dulle »

przndoom wrote:imp
Can I continue the imp?
I know the problems of your imp:
- It's excatly same color as soul harvester what makes also look like same.If you let me continue it,I can recolor it to the right color ; grayish brown...and that's the color wich the Doom 3 imp really have.

- I can see that you are ripped the eyes from somewhere (wich makes it looks like little odd :? )

- The imp doesn't have a nose.In Doom 3 the imp have nose that like a small black hole (same that skeleton have).

Well...otherwise your imp is pretty good. (_)3
Last edited by Dulle on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

@Dulle: I'd rather you finish the Sabaoth before you start on another D3 monster. That Sabaoth looked really cool :D.

@PrznDoom: I'm sorry to hear about the Imp. I still have the Doom 2.5 imp to fall back on, though. If anything, you could make a few edits to the D2.5 set to make it a little closer to your version (eye edits, for example).

Return to “Resources”