Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Blade3327

Re: RoE Monster Pack - Doom 3 monsters in Doom 2

Post by Blade3327 »

@Dulle: Awesome Sabaoth! I agree about the green lighting, though; a little more work on that is required...

@CaptainToenail: I forgot all about the faceless zombie! Could you zoom in on him in MS Paint (or whatever you use) and add more detail to the face? I tried to get a closer look (to see what he'd look like in Doom) and it's kinda hard to tell what happened to 'im.
As for the lowerjaw-stump guy, I tried my hand at his head... (I also worked on 2 views of the dude missing his lower jaw) They're both enlarged by 400%, so to work on 'em, shrink 'em to 25%. What do ya think?
Dulle

Post by Dulle »

Does the neckstump zombie have same sound as all other zombies?
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

@Dulle: Yep, they never bothered making new sounds for the neckstump zombie.

@Blade: Nice! Would you be willing to make those variants once the standard set is completely finalized?
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Go ahead, I won't be able to, I'm off to Iceland for the next 4 days on a school trip :P
Yep, they never bothered making new sounds for the neckstump zombie.
Wouldn't he just make a gargling slurring sound anyway? :lol:
Gez

Post by Gez »

There were great gurgling sounds for neckstump zombies in Shadowman.
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

@Ghastly: I could certainly try! Shouldn't be too hard; the lower-jaw stump zombie was a snap. I doubt that I'll make more heads for the second zombie, since it really doesn't look that great...
Dulle

Post by Dulle »

@ Ghastly Dragon : The monster DNA shows that sabaoth is still 0% done
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

I've got some gurgling zombie sounds from TS2 here for the headless zombie, but I'm not sure if introducing new sounds to the mod is a good idea.

http://www.zshare.net/download/203942286d1fa837/
Dulle

Post by Dulle »

Creepy! :rock:
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

@Dulle: I don't update the monster list all that regularly, usually about once or twice a week and that if I remember to. I, also, don't count progress on sprite sheets unless the set is completely done (it's either that, or I regularly bug people on how far along they think the set it ;) ).

@Toenail: I can find a use for those later on, thanks. I don't think we should introduce completely new sounds for something as trivial as that one zombie variant. I think the most I'll go for new sounds would be a death sound for the Cyberdemon (It doesn't really have one).
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

@Ghastly: Let me take care of the Cyberdemon death sound. Y'know, if I remember. I can make it out of the various .ogg files for the cinematics at the end of D3. Won't let ya down!

BTW, you do have sight sounds and idle sounds, right? If not, I can also make those. :)
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Ah, I'm missing the sounds for the Cyberdemon, Commando, Cherub, Pinky, Archvile and Guardian (and Seeker, but those are in with the Guardian) sounds, actually. I think the sound that plays during the Cyberdemon's death cutscene is simply it's pain sound, but if it is it would be easily modified into a death sound.

I'd prefer to do it myself, though. I can barely do any spriting at all, so I'm trying to do as much as I can with sounds and decorate so I feel like I've made as large a contribution as, say, Toenail :lol:.
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

lol...

Do you have WinZip or WinRar? If so, you can use it to open the .pk4 files in the Doom 3/Base directory to get your sounds. They're easily extractible and they range from .wav to .ogg files. You can then convert the file type with Audacity, if you want; that's what I use.
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

That Saboath looks cool. Can't wait to see full rotations. :)
Dulle

Post by Dulle »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:Here's a youtube video with Sabaoth (Thankfully, his death is shown in a cutscene): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kSDQDoCWKo.
I didn't like that death so much.No gore,not explosions that comes from it's tank...can I do a new death?

Oh,and can we add the best Doom 3 monsters to Tormentor 667's Bestiary?

Return to “Resources”