Oh my god, new Slige found!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
chopkinsca

Post by chopkinsca »

Writing a program that could generate random decorate actors wouldn't be too difficult. I would do it if I knew how to program in something else besides Basica.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

OMG THE TELEPORTERS WORK NOW!!! I'm so happy... ::snif::

Maybe I've just had a few lucky runs, but as far as I can tell this is a VAST improvement over the old Slige... the monsters actually come at a steady rate, rather than all the monsters in a long route coming at you all at once so you have to tyson your way through 10 hellknights, 20 demons and three revenants in a cramped little doorway before wandering around in a long empty hall full of ammo and powerups...

Btw, where'd you find this? Is there any documentation or anything?
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

All of the original documentation for slige applies to this build I think. At least it seems to work with the same batch files I use for slige build 485...
Csonicgo

Post by Csonicgo »

No documentation. just this exe.

Oh! and there's more than just secret closets!

There are secret pillars!

push a pillar with an odd texture on one side, it will drop, and there's usually a big weapon or a blur sphere inside.

I will post a screenie of this cool secret soon... if slige2 will make it again.
Csonicgo

Post by Csonicgo »

ah ha! that didn't take long. the little raised part in the floor was a pillar I lowered. it had a chaingun on it.
Attachments
DOOM0000.png
DOOM0000.png (26.01 KiB) Viewed 834 times
Csonicgo

Post by Csonicgo »

I have found yet another difference in this build than the last. slime corridors. not the kind that you have to press a switch to get a lift out of the sludge. you have to walk through it to get to another area.

Monsters.... I don't know what they're doing. some won't hear your fire. which is good, because the old slige didn't have this. they would all come after you.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

No, the slime corridors aren't new, they're just set so they appear without the level having to be "Nukage City!!!".
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Bleh. I just found a broken teleporter that's supposed to take you to the arena (which are still too hard for Archviles and too easy for everything else short of an elevator leading up to arachnotrons that were already alerted at the start of the map - can't there be some kind of random pillar variation?)

SLIGE (485) 1110784351
-doom2 -levels 1 -minlight 128 -arena -bimo -macho 50
Csonicgo

Post by Csonicgo »

invalid seed number.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Try typing
slige2 -seed 1110784351 -doom2 -levels 1 -minlight 128 -arena -bimo -macho 50

If that doesn't work I'll attach the slige.out.

The teleporter's set up fine, except that the destination sector (an arena with two barons and a rocket launcher) is tagged to 7 while the teleporter lines are tagged to 5.

EDIT: Typed "slige" in this post by mistake instead of "slige2". It is, in fact, the map I'm talking about when using slige2 (slige gives a different map entirely with this command)
Last edited by Matt on Thu May 20, 2004 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Csonicgo

Post by Csonicgo »

Everything seems fine. 'cept I got mancubi.
Matt

Most peculiar.

Post by Matt »

I tried it just now and it's still the same map that I got before... I just checked the slige.out and it's the same, so it's not bsp doing something odd...

EDIT: Attached output file deleted, kinda pointless to keep it since no one has the source code to fix the bug :/
Last edited by Matt on Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grubber

Post by Grubber »

Where to get source code? I can't live without it.
Csonicgo

Post by Csonicgo »

hmm..

heh, oops!
:oops:
Matt

Post by Matt »

So how much do you remember of how you came across this thing? I can't find anything searching on Google or the DW forums...

Return to “General”