ZHalloween [is this even still being worked on?!]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
hnsolo77

Re: [Project] ZHalloween wad

Post by hnsolo77 »

as for decorations, perhaps a look at happy time circus 2 for some decorations? the skulls and body parts should be helpful
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

Post by Juan "JacKThERiPPeR »

Just a note: I DID fear E.T. when I was a kid, but now, I think he just makes me giggle.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

hnsolo77 wrote:as for decorations, perhaps a look at happy time circus 2 for some decorations? the skulls and body parts should be helpful
Will do then, thanks :)
Phobus wrote:The whole intent of ZHalloween was to be a scary wad, as I remember it. Each map was based on a fear, and had names that matched the fear being played on. It was something a little different from "just doom".
That is correct indeed. This is what I am trying to maintain, and I have somrething ATM that I could use as a demo (I'm sure farlowj wouldn't mind, if I could find him :P) to sort of show this off, but I need to tweak it first so I'll release it later. Anywho, the work shall continue :)
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Out of curiousity, what is the overall level of progress on this WAD? I remember being loosely involved back when it was started, but I've lost track since then. Can I do anything to help? :D

8-)
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Caligari_87 wrote:Out of curiousity, what is the overall level of progress on this WAD? I remember being loosely involved back when it was started, but I've lost track since then. Can I do anything to help? :D

8-)
Well, if you'd like to bug-test this thing I'm thinking of releasing, send me a PM and I'll throw you a link :P

EDIT: And welcome back! (Forgot to post in the original thread :D )
Delphinus

Post by Delphinus »

'Failure' would be an awesome fear to play on.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Like Cutty's ghoul, but with a giant /!\ sign instead of a face? :P
Delphinus

Post by Delphinus »

I was actually being serious...

I was thinking of having things like people taunting you, situations that make sure you're always there too late, and other things. Not as in <!>...
DoomGuy_100

Post by DoomGuy_100 »

aside skeletons, monsters, and zombies, How bout you put ghouls from cutmanmike's Ghoul's Forest series?
Gez

Post by Gez »

Delphinus wrote:I was thinking of having things like people taunting you, situations that make sure you're always there too late, and other things.
That's very hard to pull off in a video game, because you have to make it so that the player will feel that he could have succeeded -- and in many cases, that means the eventual result is frustration after countless fruitless saved game reload -- or it'll just create a feeling of "well, this was scripted anyway".
Delphinus

Post by Delphinus »

Okay then, make it so that success in those leads to an okay secret or another sticky situation, and make it nearly impossible. What I meant was things like someone strapped to a death machine, and you have two switches. One frees them, the other kills them. Unknown to the player, both actually kill him and the second one pressed will always release him. I was thinking of making the player feel as hopeless and weak as possible in 'failure'.

EDIT: Actually, I may work on this in a little toy I call Mindfuck.wad. Examples maybe sometime soon...
Sniper Joe

Post by Sniper Joe »

Delphinus wrote:Okay then, make it so that success in those leads to an okay secret or another sticky situation, and make it nearly impossible. What I meant was things like someone strapped to a death machine, and you have two switches. One frees them, the other kills them. Unknown to the player, both actually kill him and the second one pressed will always release him. I was thinking of making the player feel as hopeless and weak as possible in 'failure'.

EDIT: Actually, I may work on this in a little toy I call Mindfuck.wad. Examples maybe sometime soon...
That actually sounds interesting.
farlowj

Post by farlowj »

@Kirby, I'm still around...just don't post much. Yeah, feel free to do whatever, I don't know if I can help out anymore. If you don't mind though, I'd appreciate a link through pm or such as to what you have done so far.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

farlowj wrote:@Kirby, I'm still around...just don't post much. Yeah, feel free to do whatever, I don't know if I can help out anymore. If you don't mind though, I'd appreciate a link through pm or such as to what you have done so far.
I'd be happy too. I actually was gonna go looking for you since I think I somehow only have the incomplete version of your second map (map04) and I seem to remember you having given a finished version before o_O

@Everyone else - I have recieved all of your PMs with great enthusiasm, however I'll have to wait for this to get solved before going any further :P
Zenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Zenon »

I cant help but ask this..

Will it be released in time for this Halloween?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”