[CP] The "Ten" Community Project! Completed! First post!!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Phobus

Re: [CP] The "Ten" Community Project! ALL SLOTS TAKEN Kthxbai

Post by Phobus »

Hey, stick at it Dark Fox. Everybody has to release their first at some point. Besides, you never know what sort of response you'll get, and if you check the archives, you'll find a more balanced overall set of reviews anyway (though that isn't always the case...) Besides, you might find that you're actually praised. Worst scenario is that somebody who hates the project gets a say about it, and then we can just ignore it because it'll be wasteful anyway :P (though if he offers good criticism I'll be sure to listen).

Besides, I'm new to limit mapping myself - these are my first maps of this sort. Generally my maps are whatever they want to be - so I'm kind of in the same boat as you in a sense.
Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly »

Project Dark Fox wrote:
Lord_Z wrote:For me, the hype I have around this project is that it will be my first ever released map.
This will also be my first publicly released map.
Same for me, Apart from some GZDoom crap I made a while ago that was only an experiment map anyways, I think you should be excited, to be honest.
Through talking to people on MSN and letting them play all my maps and whatnot, I have learn' where and how to improve and still am doing so now. I hope we all get some good reactions and/or good, useful criticism on how to improve. All the morons that go "OMFG THIS 15 LI3K T3H SUKYN355555!!!!1!one" Can be ignored. :wink:
hnsolo77

Post by hnsolo77 »

3rd released map for me, quite honestly i could not give a shit if its a reviewer that does not like the map, as long as i can get some constructive criticism
FuzzballFox

Post by FuzzballFox »

I've haven't publicly released any levels yet either, so I know how it feels, but that time will come at some point...
Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly »

...Any update on Icy's map? It's been dead in this thread for quite a bit now :(
Remmirath
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Remmirath »

Yup...i'll try to contact him...in a way or another... :wink:
Lord_Z

Post by Lord_Z »

No need to pester him now Image

I don't know if you'll need to but if you are going to do another multiplayer test, let me know and I'll see if I can get in on it this time.
AndrewofDoom

Post by AndrewofDoom »

Josh wrote:
Project Dark Fox wrote:
Lord_Z wrote:For me, the hype I have around this project is that it will be my first ever released map.
This will also be my first publicly released map.
Same for me, Apart from some GZDoom crap I made a while ago that was only an experiment map anyways, I think you should be excited, to be honest.
Through talking to people on MSN and letting them play all my maps and whatnot, I have learn' where and how to improve and still am doing so now. I hope we all get some good reactions and/or good, useful criticism on how to improve. All the morons that go "OMFG THIS 15 LI3K T3H SUKYN355555!!!!1!one" Can be ignored. :wink:
Same, I did have a near 14 and counting level ( nearly a megawad!) for Skull Tag, but then that part of my harddrive got deleted, and it is now history. Granted, it was only around my circle of friends in what was Doom Connector that got to see it, but it was there. This would be my first release upon the general Doomer population. : O
Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly »

[quote="AndrewofDoom]Same, I did have a near 14 and counting level ( nearly a megawad!) for Skull Tag, but then that part of my harddrive got deleted, and it is now history. Granted, it was only around my circle of friends in what was Doom Connector that got to see it, but it was there. This would be my first release upon the general Doomer population. : O[/quote]
So... this is going to be the first release for at least half of the people in this thread?
At least I'm not alone... :lol:
Remmirath

Post by Remmirath »

This would be my second, if i consider that i've also released a beta of my GZDoom WIP...
Lord_Z

Post by Lord_Z »

AndrewofDoom wrote:Granted, it was only around my circle of friends in what was Doom Connector that got to see it, but it was there.
I have many maps of this sort as well. I have made a lot of maps for my bro and a couple for my friends to play but that's about it.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

It would appear low-profile would cover most of the mappers in this project. icytux has released a few already, daimon has done a load and I've released somewhere near 50 maps myself on the archives... still, I think its a good thing. Less hype and crap :P
Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly »

Phobus wrote:It would appear low-profile would cover most of the mappers in this project. icytux has released a few already, daimon has done a load and I've released somewhere near 50 maps myself on the archives... still, I think its a good thing. Less hype and crap :P
Agreed, although for those of us who're less know this could get us somewhere up there 'in the know' I guess... :lol:
Remmirath

Post by Remmirath »

LATEST HOUR NEWS

The TEN has all maps completed and fully functional...that means i could release it now, but i need to complete the last GFX and we're done...

Cheers, guys... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

yup, i gave my map to morpheus. iv been without internet for awhile now because of a heavy thunderstorm. im lucky to have my computer left.

Return to “Levels”