Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
przndoom

Re: Reincarnation of Evil Monster Pack - Betas pg4

Post by przndoom »

rebirth??

got a screen i can use

EDIT: i seen them and doesnt seem to fit it..ill fix the horns..no shoulder pads for now...

i kinda mash some things in to that lol...map....pain elemental....baron...cyber....and vile lol if you havnt notice XD
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

well ill try to get a walking set atleast..right now i see how doom 3 mod seem weird...i still have my old project i edited by Chao's mod....since i have more knowledge and lil bit more skill..i think ill pic that up...complete that...use the code ghastly improved with the old cartoon doom 3 sprites..maybe this will be more enjoyable for others...
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

I'm really looking forward to the complete set, though I know it'll take ages (take your time, that thing's worth waiting for :D). In the meantime, does anyone want to finish the Forgotten One or make rotations for the Trite?
Grimm

Post by Grimm »

I just concieved of a great idea for GMod, that plus working on destroyable decorations means I'm tied up for awhile. Sorry bro
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

k ghastly ill upload it when im done..not done XD

im also doing doom 2.5 wep sprites...animation reload (so far i got 3 frames for Machine gun ..when reload the thing pops up and he puts in a new mag...like in the real..its pretty hard making lol

i hope it looks well with this doom 2 style monster set...with the other HD (i think it will go well with the GZDoom3 that one) doesnt really fit the monster XD

so ghastly maybe this could be our mod XD
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Yeah, once I finish this, I was going to try to head (or at least suggest and help manage :P) a Doom 3 to Doom 2 total conversion that's compatible with ZDoom and is fully playable with Skulltag online with these monsters and the Doom 2.5 sprites.

By the way, I finally managed to test out the new method for the Soul Cube, and it works perfectly.
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

sweet i cant wait to see it

The mod im editing is ChaosCentral's...so far its pretty hard lol well MG is pretty ahrd cuz it has alot going on in a few seconds but to me it looks pretty good! i cant wait to finish the rest..i got lots of ideas that would look good ^^

yeah i think this Doom3 Set will be pretty cool....

doom 3 with doom 2 GFX
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Yeah, this'll be pretty interesting, and because of the limitations of the Doom engine, it shouldn't be as dark as Doom 3 was (which, I'm sure, a lot of people will be thankful for :P).

First thing's first, though, we should finish up as many monsters as we can. If it weren't for the zombie civilians not being finished, I could probably remake the first two levels (Starting with Mars City Underground when the invasion starts) right now.

I'll also fix a few small things (I was waiting for you to, but I'll start, soon), add the new soul cube to it, start making it invasion/online compatible and start fixing the lag with the weapon sprites. I'll send it over when it's done. Once the next version is done, I'll convert it to a pk3.
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

i got great ideas on civilians (janitor...5 diff scientist and 3-4 personals [does girl count???] )

i prolly can do them ...but yeah..i got that thing that im working on..the 1 i PMed you lol

its hard...but i think its okay... cant wait to hear what you say!!

:cheers:
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Just like to say I'm working on finishing the Forgotten One sprites, :D

Edit: Idle and Charge states complete, the pain and death ones are going to be very tricky

http://www.zshare.net/image/13968071b0ce79c7/
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

@Toe: Nice! I love the fire in it's mouth in the charge frame. Very balrog :D. On the bright side for the pain and death sprites, the pain only has one frame, and the death sprites have no rotations :).

@PrznDoom: I was thinking only 3 kinds of zombie civilians (not counting fat, flaming, hell, hatmat and chainsaw). I have some sprites from Doom 2.5, just the clothing needs some editing, since they look like Strife peasants, rather than UAC workers and scientists. Maybe a wrench could be added on one, too :P. I might give the three types slightly different attributes, like higher speed, a little more damage or a faster attack. I think a few people would like a female zombie, too.
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

dude that is freakin awsome! wow man im uber jelouse!

...well i try to work with doom 2.5 wep sprites...editing with detail on reload is pretty hard...

luckly i found the OLD doom 3 project...with a few light effects on it it should look like doom 2 GFX and putting doom 2 and friends hand sprites to it will sell the cake ^^

uber awsome!

cant wait to see this doom 2.5 going!

EDIT: cuz i saw ghastly's reply

sweet dude..if you want me to edit em...im arleady on heavy load of editing i think i can try something new so i wont go crazy lol

just hollar!

btw ghastly, you have the old old old wad thats like 10 mb for the whole wep set....the ones i have are lil dark its will be biaznach rendering em (jsut take longer and i think is better not throwing time out the window and watch if fly bye n say look out below and then say where did it go...

lol
Grimm

Post by Grimm »

A female zombie would be clutch.

The fact that there were no chicks wandering around the halls of UAC in any of the Dooms was obviously a very dumb oversight on id's part.
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

if someone get a sound bit we may reproduce that cut scene though it maybe just a 1 time doing..then we could try something cool....like a boss...a lady who's body becomes a machine/flaming banshee screaming "help me" and "you will die" in a deap voice when it fires a forgotten one.... that would be a scary boss

like she keeps all the female personals in her lair (maybe explain why ther'es no girls) and when she yells at a girl her head does that lost soul creepy thing and attacks while the body is just there or becomes a monster of some sort....like how the spider queen she captures people and their heads become spiders...

lol

iono random idea that just came

(_)3
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

*Shudders* I hated that cutscene (Youtube video).

I just thought up how to make the Zombie Commando's attack (Chaingun version and tentacle version will be seperate monsters). A_JumpIfCloser in a missile state, and a short-range, no-puff hitscan attack (or, if possible, a longer-ranged melee attack, so it can have a hit sound).

It could possibly be edited from the Zombie Civilian, which would be a fairly hard edit, unfortunately. It's pretty low on the priority list, at the moment, until we have all the monsters that are almost done, completely done.

I've also just changed the firing sequence for the D3 Mancubus back to the left-right-left-right mode the real one uses. Since I didn't want to simply scrap that sequence, I added it to the new Hectebus in Abyss Below (and it works very well with it :) )

Return to “Resources”