Darkmoon

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Zok

Darkmoon

Post by Zok »

Hi people of the zdoom forums
i'd like to show a wad that i and some friends we are working on, its called darkmoon, its a retelling of ultimate doom episode "the shores of the hell" from the begining to the end at the babel tower, using a doom 3 ambientation with the classic doom gameplay using the chaoscentral doom 3 weapon mod (with some modification by a friend)
we also have modified the monsters using decorate to make them more agresive than their classic counterparts, hopefully people will like the monsters.
so far we have 4 maps and we are working on 4 more to get a demo release, also we have uploaded have 4 videos about the proyect on youtube to show some of the maps (and also some of the monster mods.)
any comments and/or sugestions are wellcome
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
this the link to the Videos.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=eUWbRvgoKwg (map01 part 1)
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=TaYjXFOdy ... re=related (map01 part 2)

sorry for my bad english. suggestion and comments are welcome =D
Last edited by Zok on Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Snarboo

Re: Darkmoon (Mod For zdoom/gzdoom)

Post by Snarboo »

I'm surprised nobody else has commented on this. This looks like a pretty good map! Keep us posted. :)
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Snarboo wrote:I'm surprised nobody else has commented on this.
I got distracted by another video and forgot. >_>

But yeah, looks pretty sweet.

EDIT: Say, you wouldn't happen to be considering seeing if you could use this would you?
Last edited by Matt on Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Cool looking screenshots. :)
Zok

Post by Zok »

here some more screen. this time show some new sprite (they dont are a lot because we dont have a spriter artist only a graphic designer XD) some of the new sprite are: Armor Shard, the new Bfg cell amo and the adrenaline...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
i post more screen of some parts of the levels i made, and the others made by phobos (another member of the team.)
Penguinator

Re: Darkmoon

Post by Penguinator »

Pretty 1337 door you got there. :P Besides that, my only criticism is that most of the screenies look cramped. Looking forward to playing it.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Certainly looks interesting and my kind of map (a "believable", good looking tech base).
hnsolo77

Post by hnsolo77 »

damn, that part 2 of map1 vid's music is awesome! i found myself headbanging to it, cant wait to try this out
Zok

Post by Zok »

sorry for the late reply but i was busy in these time. i post more screens. but this time i post screen about other maps not made by me.
actually we have only 4 playable levels. (we wants some testers btw because we can mastered the monsters. i
@vaecrius: well if melvin has a link to download his Trite creature (btw nice work he made with the sprite) i can put in darkmoon! (obviouly with him permission)
@hnsolo77: we dont put that music in the maps of the wad. we only put the music because the fraps what have a friend mine cant record with sounds so he puts the music instead of the sounds from the wad.

the last screenies from maps made by me
Spoiler:
these are maps made by a friend mine with the nick Phobos.
Spoiler:
Last edited by Zok on Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orangewaggs

Post by Orangewaggs »

cant wait to see it finished!
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

If you need any decorate for new, Doom 3 style monsters, I was going to do them anyway. I'd be happy to help!
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

The maps definitely gives a nice claustrophobic feeling. Niely done. :D
Judge

Post by Judge »

Indeed, definitely looking forward to this.
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

This is definitely looking cool (aside from the 1337 written on the door, the ceiling lights casting flat ungradiented beams on the floor, and some of the Doom textures looking out-of-place with all the custom stuff), but...why did you bump this five-month-old thread?
Zok

Post by Zok »

esselfortium wrote: but...why did you bump this five-month-old thread?

well i dont want to make a new thread to show the progress, (dont want make a thread spam x3, and show that the project isnt dead) sorry for bump the thread (agian xD), well the school keep me busy, so i work very slow in the project since we are only 2 mappers in the project, (i hope one friend mine who start again to make doom maps can help us) well that screenshots of darkmoon are from the old beta, i dont like my maps from that screen so...i rebuild them from scratch, and well this its my result =3, i stop to work (again) in the map since i got (again) mapper block, any suggestion to throw away that???

Spoiler:
im going to make a blog for the progress so i dont keep bumping the old thread (xD heh) i added the proyect in W.I.P but i dont know how to modify the wad since i try and said me that wad isnt mine so i cant modify i dont know why happen that >_<. but those are some images i dont uploaded in W.I.P
i hope my map skill are better than the previous ones.

btw: ghastly_dragon, sure, we going to use some from you D3 ROE monsters, we want the game a little hard for SP and MP games :D
Last edited by Zok on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”