GunZ : The Duel DM Pack !

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Lioyd_Irving

GunZ : The Duel DM Pack !

Post by Lioyd_Irving »

My idea is to remake all the maps from the great third-person shooter/slasher GunZ : The Duel, using Doom Builder. I'm also gonna add the music. But i need someone's help to find the textures. It would be nice.
Xaser

Re: GunZ : The Duel DM Pack !

Post by Xaser »

*shink*
GunZ! Woo!

Hehe, actually... this is a *reeeeally* good idea, though you'd need GZDoom to make the maps all they can be. I, for one, would looove to see a Mansion remake (<3 Mansion), but sadly I honestly can't figure out how to extract the textures or music from the game. Heck, I've tried to get the music just to listen to it randomly, but I can't seem to figure out any program which can do such a thing. 'Tis a tragedy, truly. >_<

Otherwise, I'd help. Being me, I wonder how well the weapons would transition... no upgrades or anything like that, but the basic setup would work: pistols, magnums, rigles, etc... one weapon for each type. Works. :P

Hmm... I for one would like to see something come of this. Perhaps one day... ;P
Lioyd_Irving

Post by Lioyd_Irving »

Actually, I know a way to get them, along with the music and sounds : MRS unpackers. There are some good ones to use. Would you unpack them and send them to me ?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Lioyd_Irving wrote:Actually, I know a way to get them, along with the music and sounds : MRS unpackers. There are some good ones to use. Would you unpack them and send them to me ?
This confuses me - you know a way to get them, but you're asking somebody else to do it for you? It might actually be easier to do it yourself.
Lioyd_Irving

Post by Lioyd_Irving »

Yeah, when I first posted I didn't know about that kind of thing. But i ain't got enough time to download, extract, etc.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Lioyd_Irving wrote:Yeah, when I first posted I didn't know about that kind of thing. But i ain't got enough time to download, extract, etc.
no one will make your tc for you
Lioyd_Irving

Post by Lioyd_Irving »

leileilol wrote:no one will make your tc for you
I make the maps. I just ask if someone could extract the textures as I'm working on the level geometry. Sounds clear enough ?

Also I'm not making a TC. Just GunZ maps for Doom. (And walljumps so you can fully enjoy them =D)

Return to “Levels”