Commander Keen 3D

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: Commander Keen 3D

Postby XutaWoo » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:24 pm

Honestly, I think a Keen 3D should use an enhanced SM64 engine, or something like that. Third-person camera, 3Dness, AND stuff like extra lives a score (coins.) Still, I'd still like to play this if it's made.
XutaWoo
one day when going to see the rabbit, there was a previous visitor ...

Postby Skunk » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:27 pm

Eh, I honestly doubt this is going to get made, hence why the thread is in "General" and not in "Projects". I'm wondering if it's feasible but all signs point to "not really".
Skunk

Postby neoworm » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:55 pm

Gez wrote:A semi-realistic style was used in Heart of Darkness, which could as well have been a Keen game given the massive similarity between the main characters.

This game is awesome, I played demo long ago and it was The Game. Every sidescroling 2D game should look like this one. Worse is that I really dont know where to get full version... I think this style would fit Keen very well.

Skunk > I will try to make some sprites in style i have in mind this weekend.
neoworm

Postby Skunk » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:25 pm

Would it be possible through ACS To do some other Keen and platformer things? For example pole sliding and cliffhanging?
Skunk

Postby Unknown_Assassin » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:18 pm

Skunk wrote:Who is Eriance and why do I keep seeing him being awesome with sprites?

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13397
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=15999

Here are Eriance's projects. You can see his awesome ability to sprite.
Unknown_Assassin
Bow down to the Protoss Race!!

Postby Grubber » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:19 am

You might be interested in this: http://grubber.drdteam.org/doom/pogostick.pk3. I've made it long time ago...

EDIT: summon PogoStick, if you haven't figured out yet.
Last edited by Grubber on Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grubber
I can wire anything directly into anything. I am the professor!

Postby Gez » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:48 am

Skunk wrote:Which one is more Keen?

Kinda fallacious to compare a grimy gory version with a vectorized zoom of the original sprite. "Realistic" doesn't mean "zombie-like."
Gez

Postby Skunk » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:03 am

The point I was trying to make was the more realistic you go the more it'll be like Doom than Keen. Keen != realistic. And I don't want a 3D Keen to stray too far from the original source material too much. If this were made I'd want Tom Hall to download it, play it for ten minutes, and say "This is what I've wanted to make for over ten years. And these guys did it." with a big smile on his face.
Skunk

Postby Remmirath » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:01 am

Grubber wrote:You might be interested in this: http://grubber.drdteam.org/doom/pogostick.pk3. I've made it long time ago...

Nice. It could be really good for this project...
Remmirath
Slowest mapper on Earth

Discord: Remmirath#0424
Twitch ID: TheRemmirath
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Skunk » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:18 am

Laughing my ass off, using that pogostick I was able to find Romero's head without using Noclip. I'm AWESOME.
Skunk

Postby Kyon » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:50 am

@skunk let me guess you checked in the wad editor or wadauthor files to see his head :P

@ every one else

so is this commander keen 3D basacilly the same as the original only a fps? or is it enchanced and imporved like the new duke to the old, like i was saying before?
Kyon
Banned User

Postby Kyon » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:51 am

edit: this is strange, i posted two messages last night when i was in a rush because i had to go out, i return only to see that they have vanished?
Kyon
Banned User

Postby Skunk » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:11 pm

No you stupid fucking shit, I used the pogo stick on MAP30 to jump into the hidden area where his head was. Also, why aren't you banned yet you fucker? Everyone knows you're Jason\Columbine\Michael\Same Asshole Flooding The Forums With Bullshit The Past Week.
Go fuck yourself.
Skunk

Postby Project Dark Fox » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:51 pm

Skunk wrote:No you stupid flexing shit, I used the pogo stick on MAP30 to jump into the hidden area where his head was. Also, why aren't you banned yet you fraker? Everyone knows you're Jason\Columbine\Michael\Same Asshole Flooding The Forums With Bullshit The Past Week.
Go fark yourself.

As much as I hate the guy, too, flaming will not make him go away any faster.
Project Dark Fox
Married Furry Anxiety Bucket

Twitch ID: ProjectDarkFox
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Kyon » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:53 pm

Skunk wrote:No you stupid flexing shit, I used the pogo stick on MAP30 to jump into the hidden area where his head was. Also, why aren't you banned yet you fraker? Everyone knows you're Jason\Columbine\Michael\Same Asshole Flooding The Forums With Bullshit The Past Week.
Go fark yourself.

what the fuck is wrong with you? why the heck would i be banned?
i'm really beginning to get pissed off with you.
you keep following me to every one of my posts, and start going againts everything i say, look i dont know who the fuck you are, i was making suggestions for this idea you had, but fuck you!
you should be banned little boy

''No you stupid flexing shit'' lol a flexible mookie stick

''I used the pogo stick on MAP30 '' hexen bounce coded pogo stick in original doomII? lying tard

''Also, why aren't you banned yet you fraker?'' is this board truly that harsh? what have i done exept sprout ideas?

'' Everyone knows you're Jason\Columbine\Michael\Same Asshole Flooding The Forums With Bullshit The Past Week.'' what is that jason\columbine\michael\same asshole thing allabout? what is it supose to be? named of people with dashes? everyone knows i'm that? huh? wtf lmfao stupid nerd! you proberly a fifteen year old kid me thinks

''Go fark yourself.'' oo you'd love to watch that wouldnt you sick tard

that'l be all

{{Kyon}}
Kyon
Banned User

PreviousNext

Return to General