Doom: Life's a beach Conversion

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Doorhenge

Doom: Life's a beach Conversion

Post by Doorhenge »

Another partial conversion from the Duke Nukem commercial mod, Life's a beach. Converted over to DooM so I can play it online. Maybe you guys might like it.

http://fathax.com/wadhost/files/vacav11.zip
lizardcommando

Re: Doom: Life's a beach Conversion

Post by lizardcommando »

Not bad. It was kinda interesting.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

This is a pretty interesting conversion. I'm actually surprised how well you were able to copy Duke Nukem's style of gameplay.
fireboy224

Post by fireboy224 »

Snarboo wrote:This is a pretty interesting conversion. I'm actually surprised how well you were able to copy Duke Nukem's style of gameplay.
Yea, That is just awesome.

Off-topic: Also how the hell can I get the the extras to work with JFDuke? they never work and I have all of mods or something.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I've never played this Duke add on so it was interesting to see the content. Very, very cheesy and the constant "how do you like my tan line" thing was a bit annoying after a while, but yeah, good fun. :)
Nightmare Doom

Post by Nightmare Doom »

One suggestion, you can probably make the seagulls decorate rather than replacements of the Lost Soul sprite.
JASON

Post by JASON »

keep up the good work doorie ():)
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

fireboy224 wrote:Off-topic: Also how the hell can I get the the extras to work with JFDuke? they never work and I have all of mods or something.
JFDuke's a dead duck at the moment - too much "real life" for JonoF at the moment, though he will resume it eventually. You're best off using Duke3DW which is updated regularly.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I find EDuke to be pretty good

http://eduke32.com/
Doorhenge

Post by Doorhenge »

Thanks to all who liked it.
Snarboo wrote:Off-topic: Also how the hell can I get the the extras to work with JFDuke? they never work and I have all of mods or something.
If you want to run Life's a beach with the new Win-dukes you have to have all the vacation stuff in one grp file and load the cons and grp from a shortcut. You can't use the old loader program that came with the game on the cd. Issat the answer to your question? PM me if you want to elaborate.
Nightmare Doom wrote:One suggestion, you can probably make the seagulls decorate rather than replacements of the Lost Soul sprite.
Why? is it too weird to see the Pain Elemental spit 'em out? or do you want them to crap on people like in the original?

BTW, I think this version is too easy. the next version needs to be harder.
Nightmare Doom

Post by Nightmare Doom »

Doorhenge wrote:Why? is it too weird to see the Pain Elemental spit 'em out? or do you want them to crap on people like in the original?
For Both of these Reasons.

Return to “Levels”