TeamTNT's Return From Oblivion: Released

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Redboy

Re: TeamTNT's Return From Oblivion: Released

Post by Redboy »

doomjedi wrote:I have to say it's the best Doom mod I've ever played. Ever. Top quality, breathtaking. Such good mapping, challenging enemies, consistent mood and theme.....Amazing.
YES TeamTNT that it. Such nice mapping......I have always enjoy maps from TeamTNT :D
Redboy

Post by Redboy »

Just finished

Total play 3:23:40 - that over 3 hours record ever...I have waste some hours because wander trying find secret but hard...

KILL : 92%

ITEMS : 16%

SECRET 11%
ReX

Post by ReX »

Redboy wrote:Just finished
Which map? It sounds like one of Chris Couleur's maps (i.e., Maps11-13).
Redboy

Post by Redboy »

ReX wrote:
Redboy wrote:Just finished
Which map? It sounds like one of Chris Couleur's maps (i.e., Maps11-13).
YES I think it bit weird sudden end when I past the security to portal...I back to the same map as start again ? it look all over again.
ReX

Post by ReX »

Redboy wrote:YES I think it bit weird sudden end when I past the security to portal...I back to the same map as start again ? it look all over again.
It sounds like you've just completed the Map08-10 hub. However, when you complete those 3 maps you're supposed to enter Map11. It does not sound like that's happening. Did you use any cheat codes while playing the maps? I don't believe those would cause the problem you're having, but I can't figure out why else.

As an alternative you can simply warp to Map11. Start the game, then type IDCLEV11 to take you to the beginning of Map11. Don't worry about losing all your weapons, ammo, and armor, as you get stripped of those when you start Map11 anyway.
Redboy

Post by Redboy »

ReX wrote:
Redboy wrote:YES I think it bit weird sudden end when I past the security to portal...I back to the same map as start again ? it look all over again.
It sounds like you've just completed the Map08-10 hub. However, when you complete those 3 maps you're supposed to enter Map11. It does not sound like that's happening. Did you use any cheat codes while playing the maps? I don't believe those would cause the problem you're having, but I can't figure out why else.

As an alternative you can simply warp to Map11. Start the game, then type IDCLEV11 to take you to the beginning of Map11. Don't worry about losing all your weapons, ammo, and armor, as you get stripped of those when you start Map11 anyway.

Sorry I misunderstood. I'm on now continue to MAP 11 normal. I complete Map08-10 hub. It not finished

Because when I start play it was on MAP 11 I chosen wrong. I did restart at MAP 08 until to MAP 11 I confuse :oops:

Nothing wrong with this

It still long way to play on :D
Vader

Post by Vader »

Yay, finally released :)
Once again, you guys did an amazing job! Congratulations :D
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Ok, I had a chance to play this, and I must say, it is very atmospheric. Good job.

I only played one map, and I encounted a problem.

Around the coordinates: -3178, -2587, you can get trapped where the tree and the grass are at by crouching.

Also, is it intentional to allow a player to crouch in order to get pass the window. I did it to get the Beserk pack.
Redboy

Post by Redboy »

I encounted a problem 3 times in same room in MAP 11. My doom sink into half underground. It stuck nothing can move. I stuck 3 times then restart game I killed more monsters and back to that room. No problem.

I think it was SVN problem. I use on 729

See pictures

Enjay

Post by Enjay »

It could be that this is caused by a bad node build. I encountered something vey similar in a WAD a number of years ago. If it is the same thing, it can be quite hard to reproduce because it requires you to stand on exactly the right spot - not 1 unit to either side. Randy described it as a "sliver" in the node build where the engine was treating a thin strip as being at a height different from what it actually was. Forcing Zdoom to build the nodes (using gennodes 1 at the console before starting the map) fixed all instances that I have encountered. Remember to set gennodes back to 0 when you've finished because I've also found some maps with hacky older fake 3D effects that don't work quite so well with Zdoom building the nodes.
Redboy

Post by Redboy »

Does this game allow jump or not ? I finally got yellow key MAP 11 but stuck in the room but can jump I'm not sure...I don't want to cheat

thanks
Redboy

Post by Redboy »

Enjay wrote:It could be that this is caused by a bad node build. I encountered something vey similar in a WAD a number of years ago. If it is the same thing, it can be quite hard to reproduce because it requires you to stand on exactly the right spot - not 1 unit to either side. Randy described it as a "sliver" in the node build where the engine was treating a thin strip as being at a height different from what it actually was. Forcing Zdoom to build the nodes (using gennodes 1 at the console before starting the map) fixed all instances that I have encountered. Remember to set gennodes back to 0 when you've finished because I've also found some maps with hacky older fake 3D effects that don't work quite so well with Zdoom building the nodes.

Thanks for explain. Yea i remember did happen with other wad some years ago. I hate it.
ReX

Post by ReX »

Redboy wrote:Does this game allow jump or not ? I finally got yellow key MAP 11 but stuck in the room but can jump I'm not sure
Jumping and crouching are allowed on all levels except that jumping is not allowed on one of the maps (it's either Map12 or 13). In that instance, jumping is specifically disabled via MAPINFO, so there should be no problem.
Redboy

Post by Redboy »

I lock out at Blue Skull Door at Map 13. I open the door ok but I back out and because of IMP attack I clear all monsters ok and then go to Blue Skull Door but won't open. :x

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”