[WIP]Forsaken

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mortarion

[WIP]Forsaken

Post by Mortarion »

Forsaken
From ZDoom Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Overview
Forsaken is a megawad currently in production by Team Jiradia and The Unholy Alliance, estimated for release sometime in mid-2008. It is estimated to have about 100 story-mode levels and more levels for different modes (Endurance, Title Fight etc.). There is also plans for several sequels.

Many millenia into the future, on the distant planet Kol'ar, peace has become a distant memory. Three distinct races, The very technologically advanced Schoolcadian Empire; the mysterious, highly psychic Umvarri and the ancient Mid'Jet Civilisation, fight for survival over a varied landscape with unique weapons and powerful machines of war.

You are a marine in the ASMC (Anti Schoolcadian Marine Corps, basically the resistance) who has been charged with a dangerous and important mission. Prepare to be launched into the greatest war of all time...

Forsaken: coming soon!
Last edited by Mortarion on Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wills

Re: Forsaken

Post by Wills »

Good luck making 100+ levels by mid-2008.
Mortarion

Post by Mortarion »

yeah, we're about half done. although, I'm here, cory is playing night of the homeless, and jirad is the only one doing somthing... :cheers: (_)3
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

Wait...so if this topic is Forsaken, what's the other one?

Threesaken? Image
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

esselfortium wrote:Threesaken?
Wouldn't that be "twosaken?"
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

No, but if there was another thread about this same project before that one, you could call it that.
SoulCrow

Post by SoulCrow »

Mortarion wrote:Mid'Jet
What?
Mortarion

Post by Mortarion »

Mid'jet (N)- From the forsaken dictionary.
pronounced 'midJet', the mid'jet are a diminutive race with numbers on their side. crude technology, but a shite load of it.

And no, this is not 1,2,3, or 5saken, this is to be the official topic for forsaken, if any mods or the admin see this message, feel free to delete the original "corysykes" edition.
Lord_Jirad

Post by Lord_Jirad »

Well put, partner in crime. Sykes should leave official forum posting to us. As you all can see, Mortarion and I are the only ones who do serious work around here. Sykes is just and unimaginative slug and comic relief. He sits on the sidelines, occasionally working on a map or tossing an idea about, but most of the time drinks diet coke and says "Can we test it now?"
Mortarion

Post by Mortarion »

:shock: that almost borders on abusive, jirad, and I must say, sykes is a valued member of the team :shock:
Lord_Jirad

Post by Lord_Jirad »

When he pays for pizza and diet coke, yes. :)
When he acts like a complete weirdo to relieve our boredom, yes. :D
When he keeps pestering to test a level, no. :evil:
Wills

Post by Wills »

Calculated odds of project completion: ZERO
MG_Man

Post by MG_Man »

Considering the stealing stunt Cory did with "Action Doom II," I wouldn't say his ideas or maps will be very original...

Thought you might wanna know.
Lord_Jirad

Post by Lord_Jirad »

MG_Man wrote:Considering the stealing stunt Cory did with "Action Doom II," I wouldn't say his ideas or maps will be very original...

Thought you might wanna know.
Little known fact of the day: The map Cory submitted screenshots of for Action Doom II is indeed a map in Forsaken that I made about 4 months ago, and it is not complete yet. He asked me if he could use some screenies of it, but never told me why, until I found the little Action Doom II topic.

As with his more "recent" maps, I can say his mapping skill is improving, and he is finally starting to use ideas from his own warped little mind rather than somebody else's.
corysykes

Post by corysykes »

ya i have a warped little imangination all well ill soon rid of that the maps are looking very nice soon we might need some beta testers any one up for it?

Return to “Levels”