[WIP] Skulltag Community Instagib Mappack

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mechadon

[WIP] Skulltag Community Instagib Mappack

Post by Mechadon »

About 3 1/2 months ago, I started a community project over at the Skulltag.com forums to try and compile a decent set of maps for Instagib (and FFA). The scheduled map deadline is Feb. 1st and the subsequent release will follow shortly after that, so I figured I'd post a thread up about it here for all who might be interested.

Right now its looking like we'll have 20+ maps (I just released Delta Build for testing purposes...so some maps may be dropped, etc). I've also included minor add-ons such as a new font (actually its the HACX font :3 ), new graphics, a reloadable railgun via DECORATE, and some other things inbetween.

Here are some screenshots:

ImageImage

Here's the project thread: http://skulltag.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 28&start=0
WIP Page: http://www.wadsinprogress.info/?a=listwads&wad=1040 (I can't log into WIP due to a 404 error, so I won't be able to update)
Here's the D/L link to IGPack Delta build: http://www.zshare.net/download/68252385e3885e/ (only works with the latest internal build of Skulltag, unfortunately)

Originally the map deadline was Feb. 1st, but then I realized today that the pack will only work with 97d (which is still being internally tested). So, the release date has been moved to the day or or later of 97d's full release. I've dropped a few maps and I may be dropping a couple more after Delta build. This means that if anyone here would like to contribute something to the project (maps, etc), please feel free to do so. Just contact me and we'll go from there :)

Comments are appreciated :)
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Re: [WIP] Skulltag Community Instagib Mappack

Post by Cutmanmike »

Better off posting this over at skulltag methinks. People here who are interested in ST will go there for ST related wads.
Mechadon

Post by Mechadon »

It is posted at Skulltag, actually:
I'm posting it here as well, just to spread the word (never know who might be interested).
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Mechadon wrote:(never know who might be interested).
Meh.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

An interesting and detailed map pack with some nice eye candy. I'm not much of a DM player but the maps feel like they have good connectivity and should be good fun to DM in.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I would like it if these mappers would create singleplayer levels with this kind of architecture, especially the kind seen in shots 1, 5, 9, and 12. Considering I never play multiplayer games (let alone Skulltag), I'm probably never going to see stuff like that outside of screenshots.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

wildweasel wrote:I would like it if these mappers would create singleplayer levels with this kind of architecture, especially the kind seen in shots 1, 5, 9, and 12. Considering I never play multiplayer games (let alone Skulltag), I'm probably never going to see stuff like that outside of screenshots.
If Quake and Doom 1 have taught me anything, it's that good singleplayer maps are also good DM maps...
Mechadon

Post by Mechadon »

I've actually done very little singleplayer mapping (I've done some COOP), so I dunno how well I could inject what I've learned from DM mapping to SP mapping. The actual mapping part (architecture, detail, etc) would be easy, but I'm not very experienced when it comes to SP gameplay elements. That's why I tend to stick to what I know. Hopefully one day I'll get motivated to start SP mapping again to where I can gain some experience from it.

But anyways thanks for the comments guys :)
Wills

Post by Wills »

The maps look fantastic. But mingun + Instagib? Oh dear. :(
Mechadon

Post by Mechadon »

Wills wrote:The maps look fantastic. But mingun + Instagib? Oh dear. :(
The Instagib gamemode modifier removes all pickups from the maps. The minigun (and all the other weps, items, ammo, etc) are there for FFA compatibility, which doesn't limit the wad to just Instagib-only games :wink:
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Too bad this can't be a single player map. :( The screenshots look awesome.
Mechadon

Post by Mechadon »

Gah, well if you guys are really that interested in how those maps look (but don't want to play them because they aren't SP maps), you should wait till I start work on Imp! TC :P

Return to “Levels”