project assistance, WIP: ANARCHY I Mappack

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
WADsource

project assistance, WIP: ANARCHY I Mappack

Post by WADsource »

its not crucial or anything to my project... but how do "teleports with z height" work in the zDoom engine?? im using DOOM BUILDER (http://www.doombuilder.com) and i cant figure out how to set the "z" variable... i can do regular Doom2 teleports (i.e. "teleport to line with same tag, same angle" and others.)... help please

Project is singleplayer or co-op based maps.
10 maps:
map status:
1-6 are finished, i need the teleport q answered before i can finish #7...
8: 50-75%
9, 10: done!

screenshots of map 2:Demon Defense

thats all for now, more soon.
Last edited by WADsource on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
InsanityBringer

Re: project assistance

Post by InsanityBringer »

1.This belongs in editing

2.The Z-Height teleport from what I can remember just preserves a teleporting actor's Z-Height.
hnsolo77

Re: project assistance

Post by hnsolo77 »

ok in thing editing mode make a select your teleport with Z height thing and edit it, in the coordination box you will see the angle and Z Height

lets say you have your sector with a floor height of 0 and a ceiling height of 128, if you want your object at a height of 64 type 64 into the Z height, now lets say you have a sector next to it with a floor height of -64 and a ceiling height of 128 and you want another teleport object to be at the same height as the last one, you would type in 128 into that objects Z Height for that sector

any amount you type in for Z Height with an object will be however many units off of the sector floor where the object is, as a Z Height of 64 in a sector with a floor height of -64 would put it at 0 and not 64

that help any?

EDIT - those screens look very bland... read some of this to help out your mapping

http://www.realm667.com/index.php?optio ... Itemid=101
Last edited by hnsolo77 on Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WADsource

Re: project assistance, WIP: ANARCHY I Mappack

Post by WADsource »

thanks that fixed it.

\p.s. Doom Builder allows you to export a .jpg of the map (shows walls, monsters, decor, ect.) ill do that.

aprox time to completeion is 3-4 more days untill beta. than i'll polish it up.... i only have ~2.5 hrs a day to work b/c of school.

Return to “Levels”