[TCoTD : Apocalypse] Tchernoborg Replacement for Thamuz?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Tormentor667

[TCoTD : Apocalypse] Tchernoborg Replacement for Thamuz?

Post by Tormentor667 »

As this a project that highly differs from standard type of Doom maps, I thought the best thing I could do is start a public beta test in the forums before I release this.

The project is fully playable and about 95% is done. Though there are things that aren't finished yet:
  • Final Boss Battle
  • GLDefs
  • Special Effects in some places
  • Ending
Beyond, most of the ingame messages do not have proper english grammar and vocabulary so I hope this can be solved with your help. Same goes to the skill settings, the bugs that I haven't spotted myself and the overall experience that might become better with your feedback.

So, here it is, the Public Beta of "The City of The Damned - Apocalypse"
Download: [--]

By the way, this is beta, not final :P Beyond, play this with GZDoom only and please read the ReadMe before you start the pk3! It's necessary to make sure that your GZDoom is setted up correctly.

So have fun playing this :) And sorry for the big filesize of 22MB but most likely this will get smaller as soon as I optimize the respource data.[/list]

//UPDATE
http://rapidshare.com/files/65881001/tc ... a.zip.html
Last edited by Tormentor667 on Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:31 am, edited 6 times in total.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Loving it so far Torm, at least aesthetically. I love the use of the Resi 3 soundtrack as well, nice choice 8-) I've got a few suggestions:
Spoiler:
I'll feed back more when I'm finished playing it, but great job so far. I'm always happy to see a different take on gameplay in ZDoom.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Thx, glad to hear that so far Skippy :) I have some questions and comments on what you have wrote me so far...
Spoiler:
Thx so far :)
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

No probs, I'll get to work on the written stuff. I'll try and stay as true to the original text as possible while maintaining clarity and accuracy.

The Strife railings can be achieved via special 121, [wiki]Line_SetIdentification[/wiki].
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

weird... i get mapinfo line 8 BAD SYNTAX all the time :(

cant play it... :/
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

@icytux: the 'noinfighting' MAPINFO keyword on line 8 isn't in the current official ZDoom release, only in the SVN. Not that that's important, because...
In the first post, Tormentor667 wrote:Beyond, play this with GZDoom only and please read the ReadMe before you start the pk3!
If you're already using GZDoom however, then you need to get the latest release.
Last edited by Skippy on Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

Same thing happened to me, but I commented line 8 (noinfighting) and it works.

When player crouch he changes into DooM marine, I believe Blood hero have crouching frames, it wouldn be bad idea to use them.

Same items looks weird without scaling.

Everything else seems allright to me.

oh... maybe i havnt got the latest gzdoom then... its broken anyway so its best i go get a new one :D

(gzdoom very fatal error after about 5 min)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Skippy wrote:The Strife railings can be achieved via special 121, [wiki]Line_SetIdentification[/wiki].
The other way is to use SetLineBlocking using "BLOCK_RAILING". That emulates Strife's behaviour. I could be wrong, but I think doing so means the height of the texture determines how high the block is in that case. Anyone able to confirm?

http://208.78.96.242/wiki/SetLineBlocking
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Well, sure, you actually need the latest release of GZDoom to play this properly, will put up a little note in the text file ;) Conc. the crouching frames, that actually sucks hard :( Is there a way to force the "original sprites" instead of using the crouching ones from ZDoom? (isn't there a "stretch 50% smaller" feature!?)
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

@Enjay: I don't think so, I think it 'emulates Strife's railings' ie. blocks the bottom 32px of a two-sided linedef. Allowing the texture to specify the height of the block would basically be an implementation of Eternity's 3DMIDTEX feature, which IIRC the ZDoom devs were unwilling/unable to implement for some reason.

EDIT: here's a screenshot confirming the behaviour - the marine is standing atop the 32px block of the linedef, whilst the attached middle texture is 64px in height.
Attachments
Example of SetLineBlocking usage with BLOCK_RAIL.
Example of SetLineBlocking usage with BLOCK_RAIL.
setlineblocking.jpg (33 KiB) Viewed 2703 times
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

OK, thanks. So basically just 2 ways of doing the same thing then.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Can we concentrate on the actual topic now again?! ;)

oo really spooky tormentor :D super cool... but its just so sad that when you have fight the spiders... you come out to the town again... and the allarm sounds... i get tormented by a "ultimate" nightmare :P and GZDooM collapses :(
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

It collapses when I try to save after visiting the shleter.

Return to “General”