ZDoomCMP1 mini-enhancement project thing

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

ZDoomCMP1 mini-enhancement project thing

Post by Siggi »

I thought it would be nice to replace the old HellWarrior, BloodDemon and other monsters with the newer ones found in KDIZD and TUTNT.

But I thought seeing as I was going to be changing things in ZDoomCMP1, I may as well change some other small things I've always had an issue with, or just add stuff I thought would be cool.

Ok, so at the moment the changes are pretty insignificant. Which is a good thing.
  • I've change the teleporters in the starting areas. I'm not 100% satisfied with the plain looking ones, but in my opinion anything is an improvement over the old ones.
  • I've changed all the normal imps in the sewer areas to slime imps. I think they suit the areas nicely.
  • The BloodDemon and HellWarrior have both been updated
There are some things I've thought of which I'd like to change, but haven't come up with how I will do so.
In my opinion, the UberImp is a bit out of place. I'm sure among all the new decorate monsters that have been made since, something would better suit this area of the map.
The Nuke-Launcher thing looking just like the rocket launcher needs some alteration. I'm considering making it look like the DE-Rocket Launcher.
Something needs to be done about the Ice-Launcher thing. I'm not sure what to do here.

What I'm doing is in no way meant to be a replacement or update to ZDoomCMP1, it's simply my personal alternative version. I think some people in the community would like to play with. When I decide to release something to be downloaded, it will simply be a little addon wad/pk3 you load after loading ZDoomCMP1.

Comments/suggestions are welcome.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

No.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Graf Zahl wrote:No.
Seconded, makes no sense to release another version just to add some more monsters.
Zippy

Re: ZDoomCMP1 mini-enhancement project thing

Post by Zippy »

Psycho Siggi wrote:What I'm doing is in no way meant to be a replacement or update to ZDoomCMP1, it's simply my personal alternative version. I think some people in the community would like to play with. When I decide to release something to be downloaded, it will simply be a little addon wad/pk3 you load after loading ZDoomCMP1.
Emphasis mine.
darmuss

Post by darmuss »

yes
darmuss

Post by darmuss »

ups!
Last edited by darmuss on Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Personally, I don't see a need. IMO the level is done and should just be left alone. Sure there are things that could be improved but it makes no sense to me to tweak it over and over. The last update was important because it was a bugfix and, I think, that's where it should be left.

However, I suppose that if you (or anyone else) want to create an add-on pack for it, I guess that's up to you. :shrug:
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

You guys don't see a need. He does. He just wants to toy n' tweak around with it to his liking. It's mainly a 'If any of you atleast like it, I'll release it, if not, it's something for myself' type of situation. Get over it.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Blade Nightflame wrote:You guys don't see a need. He does.

It's mainly a 'If any of you atleast like it, I'll release it, if not, it's something for myself' type of situation. Get over it.
Enjay wrote:Personally, I don't see a need.

However,... if you want to create an add-on pack for it, I guess that's up to you.
I'd say I was already over it.

Psycho Siggi wrote:Comments/suggestions are welcome.
People made comments, as they were asked to. The only one actually getting agitated here seems to be you. Perhaps you should "get over it"?
Alterworldruler

Post by Alterworldruler »

Give him a break guys, if he wants to improve it himself as alternate version... let him do it and don't complain that it doesn't make sense etc.... that's like someone would say Kdizd 1.1 doesn't make any FARKING sense, so shut up and let him do the project... it's his project 8-)
Enjay

Re: ZDoomCMP1 mini-enhancement project thing

Post by Enjay »

Psycho Siggi wrote:Comments/suggestions are welcome.
Alterworldruler wrote:so shut up
:roll:

Oh, and KDiZD is a bad comparison. 1.1 will be, primarily, a bug fix (something that has already been done to ZDCMP1) whereas this is an "enhancement pack" or "personal preference tweak" of the map.

And don't tell me to shut up or... I'll argue with you on the Internet. ;)
ZDUser

Post by ZDUser »

Isn't Torm the one working on KDIZD 1.1? And if that's the case, comparing that one to this is not a good one, like Enjay said.

Return to “Levels”