Ultimate Torment & Torture (New Screens p.26)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

Hmm, maybe you could have an additional WAD file which moves a dynamic light with the player? This would actually bright everything up when you come near it.
Da Spadger

Post by Da Spadger »

True, but that's not really what I meant. Let me rephrase.

In dark rooms, It gets really bright near you, so you can see what's right in front of you. And further away from you, it gets darker and darker until you can't see anything. (A large sector with lightlevel 112 is a good example) In OpenGL, there's just one level of light, which is... boring. :\

There's also this thing with freelook. In software, the floor/ceiling stretches the more you look up/down. Sure, it looked odd, but i don't think i've ever had a problem with shooting stuff at a lower/higher floor, like Ï've had in OpenGL.

(Half-related) Also, I think dynamic lights just look out of place. I just can't imagine a doom map filled with dynamic lights.
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

You can also use "Depth Fog", and with the console command "GL_Distfog" (I think) you can define how dark the room should get the farer you're away.
It's just like software, only with full-color =3 Oh, and set GL_Distfog to a high value.
Depth fog is in the OpenGL options. Hope this helps. =/

And with the stretching: That's because ZDoom needs to "stretch" the geometry in the map, which isn't required in OpenGL. It's actually quite weird that you can't shoot anything at a higher floor then =/ :?

And yeah, dynamic lights look sometimes really odd.
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

KeksDose wrote:You can also use "Depth Fog", and with the console command "GL_Distfog" (I think) you can define how dark the room should get the farer you're away.
It's just like software, only with full-color =3 Oh, and set GL_Distfog to a high value.
GL_Distfog 450 seems to work best; it doesn't interfere with light areas but dark areas have the effect much like software mode, albeit a *bit* darker.
Da Spadger

Post by Da Spadger »

KeksDose wrote:It's actually quite weird that you can't shoot anything at a higher floor then =/ :?
That's when they're right underneath me, or above. It's impossible to hit them when they're there. Since I can't look up/down that far in Software, there isn't such a problem to begin with. :P
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Nightmare Doom wrote:
Tormentor667 wrote:[*]Over 20 new monsters, mainly improved from the MRW, DE or KDiZD as well as completely new and unique ones
What about adding every single monster from your Beastiary?
No because the mauler demon and the bloodfiend shares the same sprites. One would be confused when he first approaches it.
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

And I think it's too late to do any major changes.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Yet again, another UTNT info thread. I am getting closer each passing day and I almost can't wait myself to present you UTNT in all its beauty and g(l)ory :P

First at all, some shots:
GLDEFS (by Keksdose) are completely done now, thx again for that. Each new actor in UTNT has now dynamic lights attached to their projectiles or even theirselves if necessary. Battles like the one in TNT04 Map01 look so beautiful now... :)

Also by Keksdose are the new comets, this time, faster, more beautiful but less performance eating. Dont ask why, just admire them when they hit your helmet. Also take a look at the portal effect that sucks in materia around its gate (thx to solar for the effect)

Last but not least, TNT04 Map04 is filled with monsters, ammo and health. The only thing left now is the boss monster ... *ehrmVaderehrm* :) I count on you for a September release buddy :)

I started to clean up TNT03 by the way as I didn't get any response from Solar for a while. I fixed all remaining bugs, added voice acting where it is needed and finalized it to a beta state. Right now I am working again on TNTLE, primarily on the Boss Battle here as everything else is finished on that map.

So what are the important things left to do right now beyond what I have mentioned so far? The INTERMAP (still hoping that Risen can do this), the BOSS in TNT04, the BOSS in TNTLE, the voice acting from CAZ (intermission texts), fixing little bugs here and there and last but not least, finalizing the ENDMAP. Damn... that's not much :) I can't wait for the first beta tests :)
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Nice shots. Love the comets, props to Keksdose! :)
Unknown_Assassin

Is there anything unique to the green baron or is it another recolor of the Baronofhell (from the looks of the screenshot)? Also what is that silver thing above the caco?

Nice looking comets. Glad that the comets can't affect much of the performance.
Vader

Post by Vader »

The green baron is actually just a HK, that get lit by his own fireball!
The silver thing above the Caco looks like a leg of an arachnotron, but i could be wrong.

Anyway, very nice screenshots... but it looks better in-game :P
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

Thx ;)
But don't look at the comets, look at the mapping, didn't you even notice that there is a map? :P SFX looks like nothing when there isn't a good map for it :D It wouldn't really make sense if a wall sucks in materia :laff: But damn, Solar's SFX kills me :P When I saw some screens over DRD I was all like "W T F ?"

Anyway, I would rather concentrate on the mapping, as you might then know what this would be when it's finished ;) You WILL love it :P Again, beautiful as we know it from T667 ;)

[Edit] Damn, that must me the post where I used the most smileys, ever :P Damn, I must stop :laff:
Dutch Devil

Post by Dutch Devil »

Looks really nice I like that first shot with all the fighting monsters nice effects by KeksDose also.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Good news, Beta Tests have started today, expect a release in about 2 weeks if everything works out as I have planned :)
Unknown_Assassin

Tormentor667 wrote:Good news, Beta Tests have started today, expect a release in about 2 weeks if everything works out as I have planned :)
\o/

Return to “Levels”