Ultimate Torment & Torture (New Screens p.26)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
qwerqsar

Post by qwerqsar »

Really nice screenshots. September, come quickly!
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

qwerqsar wrote:Really nice screenshots. September, come quickly!
To be honest, I don't want it to come quickly because of school.
Penguinator

Post by Penguinator »

Bittersweet.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Final Overview
I am right now about 95% done and not much is left to do. The things that I have to do before I can release the first beta to the testers are partially depended on other person to help me with, this means for example the Final Battle (Vader does the sprites for a all new boss monster), the remaining TNT03 Bugfixes[/b] (solarsnowfall is right now optimizing the scripts in this map for his effects), the Ending Sequence (final list of beta testers, contributers and a little special ending needs to be finished), the GL Definitions (Keksdose does this as well as the enhanced meteors in TNT04, should be done by August), the Intermap (I hope that Risen can do this, not that complicated one, but based on the KDiZD intermap) and last but not least the Voice Acting (done by Enjay, shouldn't take much time). After this stuff has been done, I can finish up UTNT and send out the Beta to the testers (don't ask, they were already chosen ;)). I expect this to be in the end of August, final fixes in the first week of September, and in the second week (on my birthday), the final release. Sounds like a good plan, doesn't it? :)

Features
Well, what will you expect in UTNT if everything works out as I have imagined it? Here is a list of features:
  • All original TNT episodes (1,2,3,LE) tuned and spiced up with detail, new trap, new areas, eye candy and many more surprises, expect the unexpected!
  • 3 all new weapons (Minigun, Flamethrower and a secret weapon)
  • Over 20 new monsters, mainly improved from the MRW, DE or KDiZD as well as completely new and unique ones
  • A complete new episode with 3 new, stunning and breathtaking maps filled with effects never seen before in a doom map.
  • GZDoom recommended, featuring 3D floors, 32 bit textures & light effects as well as dynamic lights for every single actor, object and weapon!
  • TITLEMAP, ENDMAP and INTERMAP greatly delivering the whole thing's story and atmosphere to the player
  • Voice Acting for ingame messages and intermission texts
  • Taking the advantage of useful ZDoom features like Cam Textures, Stacked Sectors, Deep Water, Terrain Splashes, Ambient Sounds and real-time weather effects as well as day/night transitions
  • Enhanced original effects like Torches, Burning Barrels, Sparks from hitscan weapons, ejecting shells, more realistic gore effects and many more things.
  • Hundreds of easter eggs and special secrets to discover that make you laugh or cry
  • ...and many, many more things!!!

Help yourself get through the time!
You can't wait anymore? No problem, I suggest you play all the original episodes again from time to time until September, 14th arrives to make sure that you know them all inside out. Why? Very simple: The new ones are full with new traps and evil stuff that hasn't been there before and it would be a shame if some of that doesn't catch your attention because you don't know any better *hehe* :D Nevertheless, if you still have suggestions, post them now ;)
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

I have a suggestion:

I WANT TO BE A BETA TESTER!!! :P

So, a whole new boss? Sounds like another Doom-Clix Faction to me...
Da Spadger

Post by Da Spadger »

Is GZDoom a requirement, or a recommendation? I like Software mode much more than OpenGL.
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

Da Spadger:
Tormentor667 wrote:...GZDoom recommended...
This might answer your question. It is because it uses true-color PNGs and 3D floors. What makes you want use Software, anyway? :?

Project specific:
As long I don't run into problems with my "Real Life-Time" and other important things, I should be done with the GLDefs by August (Heh, I'm about half done in just three days :wink:) (or even sooner), so don't worry :wink: And the enhanced comets should be OK, too.
Da Spadger

Post by Da Spadger »

KeksDose wrote:What makes you want use Software, anyway? :?
Because it looks 49 times more spiffy than OpenGL. <3
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

shame i can only run it in software...
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Da Spadger wrote:
KeksDose wrote:What makes you want use Software, anyway? :?
BURN THE WITCH!
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

BlazingPhoenix wrote:
Da Spadger wrote:
BURN THE WITCH!
Agreed. D:
Also, Torm, this looks awesomematic. I want it already. :P
Risen

Post by Risen »

Da Spadger wrote:Because it looks 49 times more spiffy than OpenGL. <3
I can understand not wanting the texture filtering, but you can turn that off. Is there something else you don't like about it?
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

BlazingPhoenix wrote:BURN THE WITCH!
LOL

But still, I would suggest you using it. Otherwise you don't know where to walk (3D floors =3) and you won't see the mapping/effects in all their 1337-ness. *Activates Software for a stupid test*
Nightmare Doom

Post by Nightmare Doom »

Tormentor667 wrote:[*]Over 20 new monsters, mainly improved from the MRW, DE or KDiZD as well as completely new and unique ones
What about adding every single monster from your Beastiary?
Da Spadger

Post by Da Spadger »

Risen wrote:
Da Spadger wrote:Because it looks 49 times more spiffy than OpenGL. <3
I can understand not wanting the texture filtering, but you can turn that off. Is there something else you don't like about it?
You know how stuff gets brighter the closer you are? (Especially in dark areas) That's something I miss. Dark rooms looks more bland in OpenGL. :/

Return to “Levels”