[Dead] Zombi Outbreak

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Okay. :) I do apologize for the dead baby thing again. I say keep the run speed slow if it means the map is more tense. It might not be realistic, but it's a Doom mod! :D
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

http://gothic.34sp.com/pub/doomwads/zombi.zip

Slight update. Faster reloading, slightly smaller map, helicopter takes longer to arrive.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Cutmanmike wrote:No no it's okay. Just no more dead baby hate okay? :P And yeah, after every test I was going to make the shotgun faster but I always got distracted by something else :?
He instead turned away and continued to break into the house.

I don't mean for the level to be larger, but just another room or something. The level could stay the same size, but the house would be a little more complicated. But just a little.

In final form, is this going to last an unlimited time? I think it would be far superior, if you just saw how long you could last, with occasional item drops or allied marines (weak ones, of course).

If it is, then the house needs to have more options defense-wise. And I think the difficulty of the map on Nightmare should be the standard Difficulty. It would be better for the barriers to be somewhat weaker, though. I felt on top of the situation, which should never happen in the wake of a Zombie Apocalypse.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

That was pretty interesting stuff. :D Am Supposed to keep the Zombies out of the house or just wait for the Helicopter to arrive?
The NUtcracker

Post by The NUtcracker »

the shotgun no longer takes shells from your inventory when reloading.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

How do I run this.
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

chronoteeth wrote:How do I run this.
GZDoom.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Not what port, how do I run this

Cause everythings all in individual files :/
Captain Ventris

Drag the zip file onto GZDOOM.exe
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Or even just -file zombi.zip on the command line.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Eriance wrote:That was pretty interesting stuff. :D Am Supposed to keep the Zombies out of the house or just wait for the Helicopter to arrive?
Wait for the helicopter I guess.

Keep in mind this is an idea, nothing more. I'm not planning any "final" version.
Cptschrodinger

Post by Cptschrodinger »

In that case I suppose ill try my hand at something like this, Look for it in 2035! :P

Too bad you don't want to flesh this out though, it's great!
Captain Ventris

Cutmanmike wrote:
Eriance wrote:That was pretty interesting stuff. :D Am Supposed to keep the Zombies out of the house or just wait for the Helicopter to arrive?
Wait for the helicopter I guess.

Keep in mind this is an idea, nothing more. I'm not planning any "final" version.
WHAT!?!?!?!?!? This is the best! Just make it never end! and with respawning items! NOZ! IT MUST BE COMPLETED!
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Bah, I don't have the motivation. Everyone wants different things and I don't feel like satisfying all those wants. Plus I wanted this to turn out better. A lot better. I'll make a few tweaks until I upload it to idgames but that's it.
Captain Ventris

Cutmanmike wrote:Bah, I don't have the motivation. Everyone wants different things and I don't feel like satisfying all those wants. Plus I wanted this to turn out better. A lot better. I'll make a few tweaks until I upload it to idgames but that's it.
:(

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”