Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

ZDUser

Post by ZDUser »

Actually, I think remember seeing this compet-n demo of plutonia 32 where they kill the cyberdemon with one bfg shot.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

BlazingPhoenix wrote:You could fire a few rockets at the baron THEN BFG it. :3
The weapon would need to do at least 1001 damage for it to even be a possibility.
Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Siggi »

Those death frames are nice, but certain aspects are too consistent. Like the Demon's head.
And, imo, the Baron, Hell Knight and Revenant frames look too much like the original death frames.

However, they're all still good work. :)
Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Siggi »

TheDarkArchon wrote:How are you supposed to gib a baron? :?
How can you ask such a question, this is ZDoom we're talking about. There are many ways one could gib a baron, as we are not limited to Doom's original weapons (or Doom's original anything for that matter).
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Play Zero Tolerance. Prometheus and Infinity work wonders. :P

Er, sorry. Just saving Setzer the trouble for signing on just to say that apparently. :P
Serious Cacodemon

Post by Serious Cacodemon »

One flag: +EXTREMEDEATH. That's all I need to say, really.
Rone Kyakone

Post by Rone Kyakone »

It's strange. I'm usually a huge fan of your work, Eriance, but these x-death frames don't really do it for me. I don't like the way the demon's legs sort of fold up underneath it and the other pieces just kind of pop off and then move downward in each frame without rotating or changing appearance at all. The baron is my favorite, but I feel like the quality declines from frame four or five on. On the revenant, I'm not even sure where to start...

I may try my luck with the baron and post a modified version in this thread if that's alright with you.
Nash

Post by Nash »

You can use the property "gibhealth" to determine at what health will a monster gib.

http://www.zdoom.org/wiki/index.php?tit ... properties
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Blade Nightflame wrote:You must be confusing the 'Cyberdemon' with 'Spider Mastermind', I have YET to see anyone murder the Cyberdemon with a single BFG shot.
It is possible, but not only with the BFG ball, the important thing is the bfg fog as well... just try it in MAP32 of Doom: Run into the Cyberdemon and shoot a BFG blast that hits him before you can reach it and "Woom", if you have a good timing, the Cyb is dead ;)
Doomshadow

Post by Doomshadow »

Neat gibz :D
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

@Eriance: If you are looking for your old thread, me thinks I have found it: http://forum.zdoom.org/potato.php?t=9237&start=0

Also, I like the new weapons. Much better from the previous ones.

@Rone Kyakone: Eriance did say it was mostly copy and paste, along with pixel editing. He pointed out that it was nothing special.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

I've 1 shot'd a cyberdemon only once, on one of Cyb's maps with the BFG. I'm not sure exactly how it didn't just blast me with it's rockets, but I just ran into it and fired, and it flew straiht out the door, dead.
Rone Kyakone

Post by Rone Kyakone »

Unknown_Assassin wrote:@Rone Kyakone: Eriance did say it was mostly copy and paste, along with pixel editing. He pointed out that it was nothing special.
No, I know. And I'm not trying to bash him, just to point out what I don't like about them.
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

... I think there already is Demon gib animation. But I cant remember where I saw it...
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

Nash's Gore, perhaps?. . .

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”