railguns

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Mighty Duck X-treme

Post by Mighty Duck X-treme »

BBG: You fail it... you didn't quote properly.

Zell: That's right, Railguns ARE real.
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

What's all this "you fail it" I keep seeing? Is that some "zany" line from the Japanese version of Doom? Or is it just another silly doomworld forum thing that you just happen to have several links to?
Mighty Duck X-treme

You've heard of the game "Zero Wing," haven't you?

More specifically, try having a look here. I haven't a clue where "You fail it" comes from or what it means, however.

But I want to get banned soon, because I have lost minor interest in this place, along some, but not all of Doom editing.
Ultraviolet

Post by Ultraviolet »

Know what, Kirby? None of that stuff is funny anymore. It was amusing for the first five minutes, and then it became some stupid pop netculture thing, and look at you just clinging to it because it makes you "fit in."
Mighty Duck X-treme

It's Mighty Duck X-treme, you dolt!

/me spanks
Mighty Duck X-treme

Ultraviolet (while at Doomworld) wrote:Is he ill?
YES I AM MENTALLY ILL
Ultraviolet

Post by Ultraviolet »

Are you?
Mighty Duck X-treme

Yes...

I am also horrible at posting.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

*NO* wrote:Zell: That's right, Railguns ARE real.
You're only half right. Railgun prototypes have been developed by different people/organizations and in theory would be the fastest known method of propelling ammunition (150K/s?! O.O), but the current prototypes are not practical for any form of weapon. Don't expect to see soldiers lugging them into combat any time soon.

Also, they'd look far less impressive when firing than they do in Quake 2 and Quake 3 (even using the "classic" style Q3 appearance). The effects in those games were spruced up to look cool..... which they did.
Evil Mittens wrote:What's all this "you fail it" I keep seeing? Is that some "zany" line from the Japanese version of Doom? Or is it just another silly doomworld forum thing that you just happen to have several links to?
I could be wrong, but I believe "You fail it." is what the game "Zero Wing" (famous for the "All Your Base are Belong to Us" line) tells you when you lose.
Ultraviolet

Post by Ultraviolet »

HotWax wrote:
*NO* wrote:Zell: That's right, Railguns ARE real.
fastest known method of propelling ammunition (150K/s?! O.O
Not sure about this, but I believe NASA's gas-guns are around that fast. I'm not gonna, like, compare the numbers, but a railgun would be pretty damn fast, and these gas guns are uh, pretty damn fast, so they're close enough.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Ultraviolet wrote:Not sure about this, but I believe NASA's gas-guns are around that fast. I'm not gonna, like, compare the numbers, but a railgun would be pretty damn fast, and these gas guns are uh, pretty damn fast, so they're close enough.
The answer lies in the previously posted link...
To date, railguns can easily fire a projectile at over velocities of 10 kilometers per second. Velocities of approximately 150 kilometers per second are considered possible. By comparison, the maximum velocity that a light gas gun has fired a projectile is less than eight kilometers per second.
Ultraviolet

Post by Ultraviolet »

I'm supposed to click links and read stuff? Pff, being well-informed is stupid anyway. I'm leaving. FOREVER. You guys suck!
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Ultraviolet (while at Doomworld) wrote:Is he ill?
Well, I belive autism (presumably high-functioning autism or Asperger's, as he's not stupid, and people with full-blown autism can't cope on their own) is a disability rather than an illness, but in this case the effects are similar to being ill, yes.
Evil Mittens wrote:What's all this "you fail it" I keep seeing? Is that some "zany" line from the Japanese version of Doom? Or is it just another silly doomworld forum thing that you just happen to have several links to?
Yep, another DW thing - someone (who obviously likes the expression) posted a couple of pics of the Blazing Star game in a blog entry ages ago, and the expression stuck with the rest of us. And I was able to grab them...

http://www.geocities.com/theultimatedoo ... il-it.html
http://www.geocities.com/theultimatedoo ... il_it.html
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

What's all this "attempting to answer my question" I keep seeing? Doesn't anyone read the whole post pile before responding to one?

Additionally, it's kind of hard to not have heard of Zero Wing, which the line isn' t from, as we know. I always preferred Zeroes Unlimited, anyway.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Speaking of stupid things from shooters...anybody seen the boss names in Strikers 1945?

"FLING BATTLESHIP" -Game's attempt to spell "Flying Battleship"

Return to “General”