ZDoom Portal Gun / ZPortal - (old topic)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

HotWax wrote:If I can pull myself away from Wii long enough.
I made the decision to put off buying a Wii until after the Christmas season because at that point I would have a good amount of disposable cash. So I didn't reserve one. Then of course right in the middle of this month, in less than a week, I got a co-op job which provides me with more than enough disposable income to get Wii three times over in the first week, but I'm still going to have to wait because of availability.

Bleh. Lucky for me Metroid Prime 3 doesn't come out until later anyway.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

You could always have done what I did and spend 14 hours in line. :roll:
Location: Denver, CO How do they get teflon to stick to the pan?

Post by Sticky »

HotWax wrote:You could always have done what I did and spend 14 hours in line. :roll:
HotWax's custom title wrote:Brrrrrr....
I hope you had a parka.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Nah. Weeks of comfort and being busy doing other things seems to pass more quickly than 14 long, uncomfortable hours. Besides, it released very shortly after learning I got the job, so I had no time to be ready.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

About the multiplayer: Screw it. I just can't get Thing_Hate to work with these portals. I'll leave this to someone else.

Oh and if you're planning to please wait until I finish the final version.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Update:

http://gothic.34sp.com/pub/doomwads/portalg.zip

1) "Detailed" the test map a little. Removed the second wood area for now but it is still a bit longer than the first upload.
2) Reduced the teleport delay. You can teleport every 50 tics instead of 80.
3) Added a speedy feature for people like Sticky. As soon as a portal appears it resets the teleport waiting time so you can teleport as soon as a portal appears.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Sticky wrote:I hope you had a parka.
Actually I lucked out and managed to find a line indoors. After a few hours they even provided us with chairs.

As for uncomfortable, nah... I just hung out with other nerds like myself, played some DS, read some magazines... the time went by quickly.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Well... inside with chairs... DS party... I would certainly hope so. I might just be pessimistic, but I get the feeling that if I had tried, I wouldn't have been nearly as lucky.

Post by Sticky »

Cutmanmike wrote:1) Removed the second wood area for now but it is still a bit longer than the first upload.
3) Added a speedy feature for people like Sticky. As soon as a portal appears it resets the teleport waiting time so you can teleport as soon as a portal appears.
1) I really liked those new wood areas... but it's all good.
2) & 3) Nice, thanks! The gun's a little harder to control now, but I like it! Hopefully everyone else is ok with it, too.

Here's a demo: I really wanna break the 1 minute mark again, but I'm not sure it's possible....
Attachments
StickyPortal107.lmp.txt
Recorded with 2.1.7 Remove .txt extension. Enjoy the map abuse!
(5.75 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
edward850

Post by edward850 »

Cutmanmike wrote:1) Removed the second wood area for now but it is still a bit longer than the first upload.
dam it, more work :D

edit: im done, just need some testing
p.s. cutman, can you please add edward850@gmail.com to you msn contacts (if you have msn). need to test it :)
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Sticky wrote:1) I really liked those new wood areas... but it's all good.
2) & 3) Nice, thanks! The gun's a little harder to control now, but I like it! Hopefully everyone else is ok with it, too.
1) The wood areas will be back if I make this a real level.
2 & 3) Harder in what way? I find it easier.

Finally in IDgames: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=14686

Post by Sticky »

Cutmanmike wrote:2 & 3) Harder in what way? I find it easier.
Well, it's a lot easier to teleport back to where you came from inadvertantly. Like I said, I've gotten used to it already, but it might be a pain for others; however, I don't think it will be a problem at all on levels with more space, it's just the combination of the large projectile and the cramped spaces of the test map that make it an issue at all.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Only lord Randy or emporer Graf are the only ones who could do something about the large projectiles. If the size is reduced, problems accour like spawning in walls or not spawning at all.
edward850

Post by edward850 »

Cutmanmike wrote:Finally in IDgames: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=14686
Wait... you don’t wont multiplayer support? I have it finished, it just needs testing

Post by Sticky »

edward850 wrote:
Cutmanmike wrote:Finally in IDgames: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=14686
Wait... you don’t wont multiplayer support? I have it finished, it just needs testing
Then you should post it so people can test it. ;-) Or get a hold of cutman, and test it privately... but do test it.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”