[Surprise!] TurboCharged ARCADE! Demo Release

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Xaser

[Surprise!] TurboCharged ARCADE! Demo Release

Post by Xaser »

At first, you're probably thinking something along the lines of :?, but I shall do my best to explain.

A few people have been wondering what I've been up to lately. The answer may seem a bit :roll:, being mostly RL stuff, but of course every once in a while I get a random :thinking: and decide to work on a little something. At this point, you're probably thinking something along the lines of :shrug:, but wait until you see what I've been cooking. :P

Developed in relative secrecy, I've recently finished and finally decided to unveil the demo of my latest stroke of insanity/genius (probably the former): TurboCharged ARCADE!

Image Image Image Image Image

The entire wad is intended to provide a much different experience than regular doom, resulting in a few :surprise: moments. TcA revolves around an "arcade-ish" style of gameplay, where the levels are connected in no way, shape, or form, and the styles differ so greatly there's something for everybody to :wub:. A large portion of the mod is also geared towards making players :laff:, and judging from some early betatests, it delivers in spades. And to top it all off... the entire core gameplay of Doom has been modified by hyperactive amounts -- everything operates at 2x speed! Let's hope you've got good enough reflexes to deliver some nice :chaingun: action. :P

Anyway, despite the uber-hype paragraph above, this is still just a small-ish demo release, consisting of a meager eight levels, which is MUCH less than what I expect the finished version to be. Although the demo levels are very linear, I've got plans to fix that little issue in due time. Be warned though... the levels are VERY difficult, if wads tend to make you :grumpy: or even :evil:, you might want to watch out. :P

I'll quit Stalin now (hehe...) and give you a proper /idgames linkage.

Well... I still have a few more things to say, but first I'll let you guys give this a try to see how much you think it :rock:s. Any feeback at all will help greatly, no matter whether it's :woh:, :thumb: :(, :nope:, or even just plain :puke:.

:cheers:, and happy :instagib:-ing!
MasterOFDeath
... in rememberance ...

Post by MasterOFDeath »

Awesome! The double speed patch can be a little too much in a couple spots though, but that may just be me. But this wad is great, any chance it will have a few new secret weapons or something? :P
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

this. fucking. rules. :D

I *LOVED* the bullet time moments in the matrix one. I literally stopped dead and just stared for two minutes. So perfectly done... :mrgreen:

MORE! MORE! MORE!!!

(also, if you ever need help for anything non-mapping or non-acs, SIGN ME UP, DAMMIT! :D)

The only one that stumped me was the second arcade thing; hell-ish. I got lost. :?

otherwise, pwnage at 600%.

Also, you should've just used that MIB skin thing for the Agent. would've fit perfectly. :3

oh, also, you can sign me up for musaks, too. I know you can do that just as well, but blah! :P:)
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Okay...that made no freakin' sense, but it was awesome.
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Bouncy wrote: The only one that stumped me was the second arcade thing; hell-ish. I got lost. :?
It's at the top floor on the right of the big stairs (not in the passageway that's just straight up the stairs). Just go down the stairs to your right, and you'll see the exit passageway

Coordinates: (545, -105, 480), if I'm not clear enough.

@Xaser: That's one hell of a good wad.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

What? Another wad released in increasing beta stages? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no you don't. You may have tricked me last time with Zen Dynamics, but this time I'm not getting it until it's complete. Then I'll enjoy it in full, and at no time before.
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

Zippy wrote:What? Another wad released in increasing beta stages? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no you don't. You may have tricked me last time with Zen Dynamics, but this time I'm not getting it until it's complete. Then I'll enjoy it in full, and at no time before.
prepare to wait a few YEARS then.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Bouncy wrote:prepare to wait a few YEARS then.
It's no problem. I've waited long times for some things. I am prepared.
Nash

Post by Nash »

If I had smilies disabled, Xaser's post wouldn't have appeared to be as LOLz!
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Another decent looking jokewad. I love the matrix part and hitler just made me laugh so much.

Edit: Also how the crap did you do the final hitler? I know it's a polyobject but it FOLLOWED me i'm sure.

Edit2: I also found this extremely hard. Not sure if that's intended but :P

Also I couldn't figure out the sherlock bit. I got in the house and nothing seemed to happen. Tried all the doors and everything.

Edit3: You used too many smileys in that post :P

Edit4: I hope to god you make a matrix mod now,
MasterOFDeath
... in rememberance ...

Post by MasterOFDeath »

Cutmanmike wrote:Also I couldn't figure out the sherlock bit. I got in the house and nothing seemed to happen. Tried all the doors and everything.
Use the door in the library. You'll find a note attached to it.
Wills

Post by Wills »

Stuff like this wants me to stop mapping. As in, I could never live up to this kind of stuff.

I noticed you said the completed wad would include everything but the kitchen sink. Include the kitchen sink.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

There is a kitchen sink. It's filled with blood on the sherlock level :P
Wills

Post by Wills »

I mean as a separate level, but... yeah. :P
deathz0r
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: [Surprise!] TurboCharged ARCADE! Demo Release

Post by deathz0r »

Xaser wrote:TcA revolves around an "arcade-ish" style of gameplay, where the levels are connected in no way, shape, or form, and the styles differ so greatly there's something for everybody to :wub:. A large portion of the mod is also geared towards making players :laff:, and judging from some early betatests, it delivers in spades.
Goddamnit, I knew I should have finished ohshi.wad 12 months ago. Oh well.

Return to “General”