[v2.5a /idgames Release!] Zen Dynamics: A ZDoom Revolution

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Heh, thanks Cutty! I hope I don't freak you out too much, but I have exactly one more update planned... no more after that. I'm putting my foot down. :P

It won't feature any new maps or anything like that but I'd like to address a couple of bugs (ammo display mainly) and possibly add in another feature that apparently exists but I've never even seen before. That might be questionable though and I'm screwing with a few things in the mean time so I probably won't be messing with it *too* much at the moment... maybe I can get a thread started about something though. :P
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Another update? :shock: Kewl. 8-)
Hasbo

Post by Hasbo »

download broken
Belial

Post by Belial »

Belial wrote:zendyn_2.5.zip
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

*BUMPDATE*

Goooood Morning, Vietnam! Er... ah, wait. That's Zero's line, isn't it? *is sued for billions*

Anyway... I've finally decided to do it. It is time... for the official, FINAL /idgames release. I had a few extras planned for the "2.6" release, but... they're almost all filler material and would be more work than it would be worth. So therefore, after a few minor changes and improvements, I am planning to release the final version this Saturday (prone to bug changes in the future, of course... but at least I can label it a non-beta now. :P ).

So, what needs to be done? I need a bit of assistance, my friends. I have messed around a bit and thought about adding black gloves to all the weapons... and I will, and I HAVE. So there (*is subsequently sued by Evil Mittens by stealing his obscure quote*). However, I'm not 100% sure whether or not to keep it like this or use the standard fleshtone gloves... as I think the black looks better on some weapons but iffy on others. So therefore, I have decided to let you guys decide.

Check out this Black Gloves Mod, which simply modifies the weapon graphics and can be run right on top of Zendn 2.5. Try it out, and post your feedback here on whether or not I should integrate it into Zen natively or include it as a seperate file (I spent enough time on it to warrant its inclusion in either case). Hurry, though, and tell a friend. I'm hoping to get it all said and done by this Saturday, as that will be my last chance before another two weeks or so (and I don't want to delay much longer).

Anyway, the new release won't have too much else new, besides fixing of the [censored word] "CurrentAmmo" display system, a few misc. bugfixes, new blood effects, and a spiffy new TITLEMAP (which I'm working on ATM). I'm hoping I can *FINALLY* get Zen Dynamics all settled and done with, so I can turn my attention elsewhere. I'm sure a few of you are rejoicing at the fact that I won't be mass-updating this bastard any longer. XD

Oh, and on Saturday... keep your eyes peeled for another release as well, which I'm sure will knock your socks off in some other way or form. :P
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Well... It's official now. Zen Dynamics's hopefully-final /idgames release has GONE GOLD! It's in /incoming at the moment, but hopefully will get added pretty soon. If all goes well, I'll be finally all said and done with it... now let's see what the bloody t/nc reviewers have to say. :P

In the mean time, a toast to all of you guys who tested the insane multitude of beta versions and lent some much-needed feedback. Zen would have never made it even close to this far without so much support... it was only a small demo wad in the beginning, but after I realized that people actually liked it, I got the motivation needed to improve the devil out of this thing, and it developed rather quickly. When you think about it... half the work is credited to all you guys, seeing that I never would have had a bloody clue what I was doing without so much feedback. Thanks again, fellow forumers. :P

So without further ado, :cheers: !

Special props to Belial for pointing out a good 90% of all the bugs (hopefully another runthrough won't drive you nuts later. :P ), MasterOFDeath for random support, and Biohazard for somehow putting up with me... I know, there's tons more to thank, but hey, it's 2:45 a.m. over here and I'm surprised I can even type... I spent the last few hours getting that blasted TITLEMAP finished so I can finally make this final deadline... :P

Anyway... I'll check back sometime tomorrow... er, later today... and we'll see what the devil is going on. :P
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Does this release actually give that DB shotgun an alt fire? :S
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Does it even need one? Over half the alt-fires seem to be just 'filler' anyway, from what I hear.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Excellent news Xaser. Hopefully your problems are now over :P
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

This wad is definitely eligible for a cacoward. :D
chronoteeth

Post by chronoteeth »

Xaser: Yes, yes it does. :P
MasterOFDeath
... in rememberance ...

Post by MasterOFDeath »

The weapons have altfires?
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

MasterOFDeath wrote:The weapons have altfires?
Most of them are for reloading purposes.
chronoteeth

Post by chronoteeth »

No thats the R key.

They actually shoot alternate fires.
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Whoops. My bad. I must've been playing too much Zdoom3.pk3 to think that Zen Dynamic's weapons have reloading as its alternate fires.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”