Doom Kart - Looking for Volunteers.

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
solarsnowfall

Doom Kart - Looking for Volunteers.

Post by solarsnowfall »

Currently I'm looking for a few willing and able sprite artists to help me flesh out the cast of Doom Kart. I certainly don't intend to pawn all of these off as I've done a few of them myself, and am prepared to do more.
  • Each actor will have 16 rotations, a total of 9 individual sprites for each.
  • All sprites will be approximately 32 pixesl wide by 32 pixels tall and will partly consist of refashioned Doom sprites.
  • The sprites don't need to be anything fantastic, but they do need to transition from angle to angle somewhat cleanly.
  • There's no rush on these, as the project still has a way to go. I'll hope they can all be finished by the time the rest of the project is, so this should provide a very open time table.
The cast list, which may be subject to change. Characters marked in green are 100% complete, characters in blue are partially complete or need to be revamped, and red indicates
  • Marine
  • Revenant
  • Secret Character - Setzer
  • ZombieMan - Vader
  • BaronOfHell - Zippy
  • HellKnight - Zippy
  • DoomImp - Zippy
  • Demon
  • Cyberdemon - Vader
Selected volunteers will be provided with a basic resource pack, including some base sprites to work with, a wad setup to test the rotations, and some basic guidelines. If you'd like to help out, just drop a message in this thread and we'll go from there.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doom Kart TITLEMAP Demo. - Oct 11, 2006

This is a little project I've been working (off and) on for the last few months. For those of you who saw my RC_Cars.WAD and wondered what ever happened to it, it's evolved into this. Now, the last thing I want to do is stir up a lot of hype and create a real monster here, so don't be surprised if this never gets officially released. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing more that I'd like than to get this thing to a completed/releasable state. I plan on working on this for the foreseeable future, and it'd sure be a shame of all this work went to waste. It's come a long way, but there's still clearly a lot to do.

So, just to show that I have in fact been hard at work on something, and not just spending my time acting like a jackass on the forum, here's a small peek at what I've been up to for the last few months. This will also serve as a bit of a technical test, since most of the "engine" is present and running. So please let me know if you experience any major performance issues, even though it is only about 30 seconds of action on a kind of plain test map.

Enjoy.

[edit] No need for that 2.1.5 business now...
Attachments
DKDemo.zip
(18.02 KiB) Downloaded 490 times
Last edited by solarsnowfall on Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:35 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Grubber

Post by Grubber »

solarsnowfall wrote:For a glitch free experience, please use 2.1.6[/b].zip]2.1.5 to view this demo!
edward850

Post by edward850 »

I love it but i want to drive it, oh please let me play it :(

also, I can help you with track building and stuff like that if you want
Nash

Post by Nash »

Nice, Solar. Are the movements recorded using the same technique as the one you're using for zdforums?
solarsnowfall

Post by solarsnowfall »

Thank you for catching that Grubber. It was veeeeery late last night when I posted that.

@Nash: No, I'm recording control input and running it through my scripts instead of taking input from the player.
edward850

Post by edward850 »

i had a look for the rc cars wad and couldn't find it. do you still have a copy?
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

That was incredibly cool. :)
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Some post a screenshot. My pc is splode at the minute.
solarsnowfall

Post by solarsnowfall »

edward850 wrote:i had a look for the rc cars wad and couldn't find it. do you still have a copy?
Sorry, I don't seem to have it anymore.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Here's the RC_Cars mod. (I have it in my GZDoom folder, so it might need GZDoom. I'm not sure).

Oh, and great work BTW, solar :)
Last edited by Phobus on Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
solarsnowfall

Post by solarsnowfall »

Not sure how I feel about having that old thing being posted here. Oh well.
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

This brings back fond memories - anyone else remember Speed Demons? :)
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

What's this "movement recording" trick I keep hearing about lately? It sounds very useful!
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

This demo is awesome. Looking forward to this project Solar! :thumb:

Heh...this demo reminds me of the good ol' days when I was playing Mario Kart.
Pure Hellspawn

Post by Pure Hellspawn »

It brings memories of Zoom

Return to “General”