ZDoom 2.0.63

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
randi
Site Admin

ZDoom 2.0.63

Post by randi »

Aside from a couple of fixes, 2.0.63 includes the A_Jump and A_CustomMissile state functions for DECORATE. See Graf Zahl's post in the 62.cab topic for more info.

63.cab
Cyb

Post by Cyb »

awesome

btw does anyone else find it somewhat odd that new monsters go in a lump named 'decorate'... needs a thingdef lump or something now :P
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Cyb wrote:awesome

btw does anyone else find it somewhat odd that new monsters go in a lump named 'decorate'... needs a thingdef lump or something now :P

Hmm. The lump was there so adding to it seemed the easiest thing to do. Having an alternate name certainly doesn't hurt but for backward compatibility DECORATE is there to stay anyway. Besides, who cares? :P
Jon

Post by Jon »

That was fast... Last one came out only 3 days ago
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

That's most likely due to the new DECORATE features (and the bug fix to the Dropitem code) The other 2 fixes are so minor that they hardly justify a new version.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Do you think a GIVEITEM function for "Fake" pickups would be Possible? You know, to make real pickups.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Possible, yes. Worth the effort: probably not. Normally if you want to create new pickups you want to do something special with it. Just giving one of the standard items is rather lame and if you are utterly desperate to create a second (different looking) medikit or something like that you can do it with Dehacked. If you want to do something else you'd have to use a script anyway so it's most likely a waste of time (which is why I didn't bother to enable pickups for the custom actor definitions.)
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

OMG. The first randy-announced (=un-silent release) version. :D
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Hirogen2 wrote:OMG. The first randy-announced version.

Really? I thought he announced one other which fixed a serious problem in its predecessor but I'm not absolutely certain about that.
Cyb

Post by Cyb »

Graf Zahl wrote:Hmm. The lump was there so adding to it seemed the easiest thing to do. Having an alternate name certainly doesn't hurt but for backward compatibility DECORATE is there to stay anyway. Besides, who cares? :P
well of course I'm not saying get rid of decorate, I'm just saying it'd make more sense to not have new actor definitions in a lump named 'decorate' when they are clearly not decorations :P

obviously it's not a huge deal, and I don't really even care either, I was just mentioning it because it seemed weird to me
Eevee

Post by Eevee »

eh, the name DECORATE is classic now. Besides, monsters are just decorations that want to kill you o.o
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Actually, Graf, having monsters that you could pick up could be interesting. :) Imagine a key that runs away from you (negative speed) when you approach. Hehehehe.
Chilvence

Post by Chilvence »

'You need a mexican jumping blue key to open this door'
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

HotWax wrote:Actually, Graf, having monsters that you could pick up could be interesting. :) Imagine a key that runs away from you (negative speed) when you approach. Hehehehe.

If pickup items could be done something like this would be possible...
Cyb

Post by Cyb »

HotWax wrote:Actually, Graf, having monsters that you could pick up could be interesting. :) Imagine a key that runs away from you (negative speed) when you approach. Hehehehe.
you can already make keys that run away from you with dehacked

Return to “General”