Editing ZDoom Zip To EXE With Doom!

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Wills

Post by Wills »

I don't think Marcus will be back in this topic anyway. Unless he wants to tell us we, as the community, suck for being so mean.
PhAyzoN

Post by PhAyzoN »

It was an OK idea until the IWADS came in. If he did something simalar to the jfDuke3D installer that'd be fine. Choose where to install it and search for Duke3D.GRP (or in this case, Doom/2.WAD). But he blew it, this guy's an idiot.
dennisj1

Post by dennisj1 »

What if he (I?) use the Doom and Heretic shareware IWADs, plus maybe Strife full?
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

The Appology
I am sorry for what I have done, I was doing this for a friend you all did not actually have to get that feature, I was planning on addming the Shareware version of doom, the hexen and the other iwads but not the full version. This is completly my fault, this was not even posted for you, I had the wrong URL! I know you all hate me now, so go ahead and ban me. I did a idiotic mistake and I guess I deserve a ban from downloading zdoom and its support.

I would like to make it up, by making that request of the above poster if that would help clear this mess up and forgive me. I deleted the links and no longer are needed. Should I do the Hexen, doom, strife demo idea of the above poster?
PhAyzoN

Post by PhAyzoN »

You can do whatever you want with shareware versions.

BTW, how did you not notice you had the wrong URL?
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

PhAyzoN wrote:You can do whatever you want with shareware versions.

BTW, how did you not notice you had the wrong URL?
Don't worry about it, I might get banned or suspended or whatever its myfault I was actually going to send the zdoom211a but that was the wrong one, that was my personal one, cause my CD is scratched and the files were on my pc to backup if that is legal I hope...cause I am not going to buy the CD again! <_<

Anyway my fault, this is my appology with the download you are all about to recieve...enjoy! Wait for it...

Done!
http://www.4shared.com/file/2230671/8ad ... o211a.html
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

This fails so badly, why download this when we can download it fine from the main site?
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

I was just trying.
PhAyzoN

Post by PhAyzoN »

Strife is "abandonware" ?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Anyone or any company that had any involvemnet with Strife has had such a trail of broken companies and such like behind them that there isn't anyone to officially give any kind of word on Strife. So I guess, from that perspective, it has been abandoned. I don't suppose distributing it is legal in any way, but there really doesn't seem to be anyone around in a position to object. So, I guess that pretty much covers the distribution of most titles considered "abandonware" - illegal but you will get away with it. Of course, I have a nice, legal, shiny, boxed CD. :biggrin:
PhAyzoN

Post by PhAyzoN »

I just got a free copy of that Marcus guy :D
Bashe

Post by Bashe »

But you didn't get "voices.wad" with it, so the story won't make any sense! :twisted:
Jim

Post by Jim »

If no existing entity really knows who owns the rights to strife (if anybody even does at all!), that most certainly makes it an orphaned work. That doesn't mean that it is legal to redistribute it, but it does mean that it falls within an area that current copyright law does not handle suffiently. That is especially true with the ridiculously long copyright length in the US. (Either the author's life plus 70 years, or in the case of corporate authorship, 95 from publication or 120 years from creation, whichever expires first).

The Wikipedia article says that the EU is currently examining this problem and I know for a fact that the US Congress is also currently examining the problem.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

How easily available is Strife for DL? I believe the Underdogs have it, but is it an easily found file generally?
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Enjay wrote:How easily available is Strife for DL? I believe the Underdogs have it, but is it an easily found file generally?
Strife I downloaded from abandonware sites, so yeah that was the bad thing that not all wads are included, you know how abandoned sites are...;)

Return to “Editing (Archive)”