Why Z doom doesnt starts?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

have you tried the -nojoy parameter? (Add it in your shortcut)
CacoDemonz

Post by CacoDemonz »

I tryed everything what you said guys and still doesnt works :S
Location: Denver, CO How do they get teflon to stick to the pan?

Post by Sticky »

This is very vexing, indeed.

Just to throw out a few more ideas:
1)Try deleting the folder you put zdoom in, and then creating a new one. Unzip all of the zdoom files into that directory and then copy your Iwad. (This is a just in case something went awry the first time.)

2) Delete your ini file (if you have one). It doesn't sound like zdoom is even getting this far, but just in case there's something corrupt in there, it's worth a try.

3) If you're using XPSP2, perhaps there's some kind of weird DEP thing going on? Go into your advanced performance settings and click on the DEP tab. To do this, first push Windows + Pause, then click on the advanced tab and click "settings" under performance. A new window will open with three tabs, click the one that say DEP. Make sure the top option is selected (turn on DEP for Winblows programs and services only"), OR add zdoom to the list in the second option.

Caco, if you don't mind me asking, is this your own computer or does it belong to a sibling, parent, spouse, etc?
CacoDemonz

Post by CacoDemonz »

Sticky wrote: 3) If you're using XPSP2, perhaps there's some kind of weird DEP thing going on? Go into your advanced performance settings and click on the DEP tab. To do this, first push Windows + Pause, then click on the advanced tab and click "settings" under performance. A new window will open with three tabs, click the one that say DEP. Make sure the top option is selected (turn on DEP for Winblows programs and services only"), OR add zdoom to the list in the second option.
Woot i didnt know nothing avout that DEP.
I turned the second option and added zdoom, still wasnt working.
But when i unselected it i tryed it again and it worked, but a popup screen of DEP appeared saying "windows must close this program to prevent blah blah blah..." if i press anithing of that window, zdoom closes, but if i just ignore the window whitout pressing anithing of it i can play.
Well atleast i can play thank you very much!.

PD1:Ill take some pics of how that pop up screen appears when i have some free time.

PD2:Sorry for my bad enlgihs :?

PD3:Yes its my pc

EDIT:
Oh shyt now pwads doesnt work :evil: (i tryed whit doomengine launcher, and dropping the pwad on zdoom exe)
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

WTF is DEP?
Location: Denver, CO How do they get teflon to stick to the pan?

Post by Sticky »

Well Caco, it's a step in the right direction. :-D

Did you try selecting the first option and then rebooting? Or was it already on the first option when you saw it? It's very strange indeed that it will run, but it won't run PWADs. Are you loading them from the command line, or drag and dropping them? try -file PWAD.wad (see command line parameters)

2BioDEP stands for Data Execution Prevention. There are both hardware and software versions. Newer processors support it, as does XP (I think past sp2). It's designed to disallow the accidental running of viruses. Basically, it's a new security nuissance. :-D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Execution_Prevention
CacoDemonz

Post by CacoDemonz »

The first time was in the fist option.
Now im using the 2nd option and works fine, only the pwads dont run.
I tryed dropping them on zdoom.exe and whit command lines and still doesnt work :(
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

You are sure you are loading a PWAD made for the IWAD you are using right?
CacoDemonz

Post by CacoDemonz »

Yup.

Also i downloaded the latest version and still happens the same thing.

Its weird... i also tryed use Legacy and it also doesnt recognize the pwads
PhAyzoN

Post by PhAyzoN »

What happens if you try ZDoom spinoffs (thats probably not the right word), such as Skulltag, GZDoom, or ZDoomGL(dont know thats still around) ?
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

I would recommend trying virus checks on your computer, sometimes viruses have effects on programs that might not even be listed. I had problems like that before but it was a virus messing with something that ZDOOM needed. Try a virus program...Noadware is a good tool.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

"Noadware" doesn't sound like so much of an anti-virus program as it is an anti-adware program. If you want my recommendation, try AVG Free Edition.
Penguinator

Post by Penguinator »

CacoDemonz wrote: Im using Windows XP SP2
My pc its a Atlhon XP 2800 Geforce fx5200 and 768 of ram
umm...it works on my computer.We could just trade computers............awe comeon an Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.60 GHz computer with 128 mbs of RAM with XP isn't THAT bad... :roll:
PhAyzoN

Post by PhAyzoN »

eww... intel. Yes it is that bad
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Marcus wrote:Noadware is a good tool.
Which version?

Return to “General”