Monster Resource Wad

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
BloodyBonz

Post by BloodyBonz »

-edit-

post deleted
Last edited by BloodyBonz on Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Shadow

Post by Lord_Shadow »

BloodyBonz wrote:
Lord_Shadow wrote:
BloodyBonz wrote:Here's the fixed wad.

http://www.savefile.com/files/4692459

Please let my know of any probles with the download.
BloodyBonz you are a saint.
A sinner actually, and quite proud to be.

Reguarding the Ial:

There seem to be several stray pixels in the sprites... of course, this might be intended, but they stick out rather badly. The sounds are also a bit off... not fitting for a doom type monster at all. There is also a problem in the Decorate, namely, A_MeleeAttack is missing from the Melee state.

Perhaps with a remap of the stay pixels and different sounds it may be considered, otherwise I doubt it would be included.
Thank you sir. And would you take Assassin's advice and see if you can add killbot and archheinous to either bosses or monsters.wad it would really help :D Only it would be harder with a killbot in one of the wads :o
If you want to add some imp variations I could send you them, although I don't know how to use savefiles.com

Edit: Nevermind I found out. Here are the imp variations. http://www.savefile.com/files/6474581
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

As I said earlier,
Unknown_Assassin wrote: How come when the mauler demon charges you (continuously biting while going) it doesn't hurt you yet is able to make a monster fight with it? I find it odd.

My opinion/suggestion on some monsters:
1) Superimp: I suggest changing the color of the super imp because I find it hard to tell the difference if its in a wad. I can tell only if the super imp is about to fire because of its green fireball emitting from his hand.
2) Maelstrom: The only problem I have with this is when I kill a maelstrom on a stairway or even on the ground it sometimes blocks my pathway. Therefore, I can't get across. Can't you possibly adjust the death state so you can still go past the dead corpse?
To BloodyBonz: Can you fix the mauler demon problem Bloodybonz?
To Tormentor: It's about maelstrom. Can you make it so a person can get across? (See above for a little more info.) Since you made it, I decided to ask you instead.

To Everyone: Do you agree that we should have the superimp change colors or somehow make them look different to tell the difference between the two imps? Darkimps have the same problem to me as well as Lord_Shadow has stated on the previous page.

Sorry to be a little demanding or if it seems that I'm impatient. I'm just curious about these problems so don't flame me.

Edit: Revised my post.
Last edited by Unknown_Assassin on Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Shadow

Post by Lord_Shadow »

Unknown_Assassin wrote:
To Tormentor: It's about maelstrom. Can you make it so a person can get across? (See above for a little more info.) Since you made it, I decided to ask you instead.

To Everyone: Do you agree that we should have the superimp change colors or somehow make them look different to tell the difference between the two imps? Darkimps have the same problem to me as well as Lord_Shadow has stated on the previous page.
Ohhoho yes. That is definitely a good idea. Anyway as soon as I get some experience I could start contributing my own custom wads to the community. I have wadauthor, looking to download DeepSea and DoomBuilder. See my previous post for a link to impvariables

Edit: Anyone know why the word potato is in the address bar when you view a forum topic???
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

Lord_Shadow wrote:
Unknown_Assassin wrote:

Ohhoho yes. That is definitely a good idea. Anyway as soon as I get some experience I could start contributing my own custom wads to the community. I have wadauthor, looking to download DeepSea and DoomBuilder. See my previous post for a link to impvariables

Edit: Anyone know why the word potato is in the address bar when you view a forum topic???
that's the case because of a problem we had with chatbots and adbots and all that a long time ago.
Lord_Shadow

Post by Lord_Shadow »

Thank you bouncy
Unknown_Assassin

To King of Flames: There is something wrong with your Ial. When in close contact with it, the attack doesn't hurt me. An example: A baron of hell makes a scratch sound attacking you at close range which does damage while the Ial (in close range) doesn't hurt me at all. The fireballs on the other hand works.

To BloodyBonz: Thanks for the MRW update!! Now the Terror and Afrit is much better.
BloodyBonz

Post by BloodyBonz »

-edit-

post deleted
Last edited by BloodyBonz on Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

BloodyBonz wrote: Poison Soul ---------- Neoworm
Lower health from 150 to 100.
It also needs BLOODLESSIMPACT tag for his poison mist.
Lord_Shadow

Post by Lord_Shadow »

BloodyBonz wrote: Checked out the Killbot and Archheinous, and I'd be rather loathe to put them into the MRW. The Archheinous really belongs in the Boss monster wad, and the Killbot... well, I'm not sure about that one.
Yeah, I don't think the killbot really belongs, or will fit in the bosses wad. Although if the cieling was destroyed and a sky limit was set it might... And with the archheinous THANK YOU!

(I'm back, after almost a full day. Anyone miss me :twisted: )
Unknown_Assassin

BloodyBonz wrote:
Answers:

1: Works for me.

2: This is expected (accepted?) behavior.

3: I see no problems keeping the same colors.

4: An actual bug.... and now fixed. Added A_Fall to it's death state.

Checked out the Killbot and Archheinous, and I'd be rather loathe to put them into the MRW. The Archheinous really belongs in the Boss monster wad, and the Killbot... well, I'm not sure about that one.
1. Now its working since you fixed it.

2. I see...well I guess I can see your point.

3. It was just my suggestion you know. I know no one is going to agree with my opinion. I have mine and you have yours. If you guys don't feel like changing it, that is fine with me. I don't mind.

4. Thanks! That caused much problems.

Either resource wad is fine with me. I figured that the killbot is too big. I'll just leave this to the experts if they want to add the monsters or not. :wink:
Lord_Shadow

Post by Lord_Shadow »

Welcome back assassin
Unknown_Assassin

Lord_Shadow wrote:Welcome back assassin
Off-topic: Thanks! :D

That WASL (Washington Assessment of Student Learning) test took the whole school day. The only good thing about WASL is that we have less homework and 1 period was gone.

On-topic: Once KDIZD is done, I can't wait to see the new additions to the MRW!!
Lord_Shadow

Post by Lord_Shadow »

Unknown_Assassin wrote:
Lord_Shadow wrote:Welcome back assassin
Off-topic: Thanks! :D

That WASL (Washington Assessment of Student Learning) test took the whole school day. The only good thing about WASL is that we have less homework and 1 period was gone.

On-topic: Once KDIZD is done, I can't wait to see the new additions to the MRW!!
WOOTETH!!!
DomRem

Post by DomRem »

Perhaps you should actually ask for permission first before scrambling to place the killbot and archheinous in any resource WAD? To me, it almost seems like an insult to solar that you are discussing putting them into a pool of resources that anybody can use without at least asking him first. No harm may be meant, and I like the monsters a lot too, but at least bother to ask him first, especially for a project like this where people will be copying this into their own work. That's why I'm explicitly against someone submitting anyone else's work for the WRW.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”