Monster Resource Wad

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Eriance wrote:
Deathsong12 wrote:Eriance, instead of submitting monsters to a resource, why not set them up to replace existing Doom monsters and release it a seperate file? That way, they can be used in combination with most weapon mods and on any map.
I dont understand what you mean. O.o You mean change their DoomED numbers so they replace the old doom things?
Yes, it's just as easy as that.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

The only problem with doing that is that the monsters were most likely to designed to be put in with the doom monsters, and would replace them in a way that totally changed how the levles worked, possibly making them impossible.

Monster Resources and Monster Replacements are different things entirely, and probably should be kept that way.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Phobus wrote:Monster Resources and Monster Replacements are different things entirely, and probably should be kept that way.
Seconded!
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Phobus wrote:The only problem with doing that is that the monsters were most likely to designed to be put in with the doom monsters, and would replace them in a way that totally changed how the levles worked, possibly making them impossible.

Monster Resources and Monster Replacements are different things entirely, and probably should be kept that way.
It would make them impossible. LOL
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I push this until someone starts to work on this again!
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

I thought we're waiting for the KDiZD crew to finish working and update the wad with the relevant monsters?
Risen

Post by Risen »

No need to wait in order to build new stuff.
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

need to wait if the only guy who'd review if it get's in or not is busy with KDIZD and other stuffs.
jordo12

Post by jordo12 »

Mabye someone has suggested this already, but it would be convenient if the boss monsters from the boss monsters WAD were put in.
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

No, that wouldn't be, because both resource wads are for completely different purposes.
Would you add a monster from the monster resource wad into the boss monster resource wad? no, so why would you do vice versa?
Also, folks, I might be able to do some more monsters for this, after I got other projects of mine out of the way. :D
jordo12

Post by jordo12 »

well the cyber mastermind sure seems like a boss to me, unless it was taken out.
stx 2.0

Post by stx 2.0 »

A. Its still here.

B. FINISH KDIZD NOW!! Too much anticipation for too many projects!

What is the % done?
ggg

Post by ggg »

jordo12 wrote:well the cyber mastermind sure seems like a boss to me, unless it was taken out.
It's definitely a joke-boss. Not much of a challenge either-- arguably about as easy as a regular mastermind provided you have cover.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

stx 2.0 wrote:B. FINISH KDIZD NOW!! Too much anticipation for too many projects!
What is the % done?
Makes no sense to me to depend firther production of this wad on the release of KDiZD! The MRW is full of bugs (Terror explosion, Afrit ground fire doesn't hurt, Rail Arachnos Railgun offset/color, etc) and they could be fixed. Beyond Eriance created so many new amazing monsters that would fit perfectly in here, and that could already be added. And beyond in this thread are a lot of new sprites and ideas being posted, that also could have been added since ages!
BloodyBonz

Post by BloodyBonz »

-edit-

Post deleted.
Attachments
big eye.zip
The loooong awaited completion of the big eye...
ok, so I completed it long ago but thought this thread dead so it was never released, but.....
(200.23 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Last edited by BloodyBonz on Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”