[KDiZD] Community Information Thread (Update Page 18)

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Tormentor667

[KDiZD] Community Information Thread (Update Page 18)

Post by Tormentor667 »

Many days, weeks and even months have passed since we - the KDiZD team - delivered latest information concerning the project we are working on for over an year now! It all began with a simple idea and turned into a huge project, one of the most anticipated projects for some of the ZDoomers around here.
Although it got very quite after the leakage and the terrible debates over at Doomworld and also here on ZDoom.org, the team still continued on the project, on the resources, maps, and many other surprises you will encounter in the final product. Though, it's still not finished and some more work is left to do. But we thought it was time to tell you guys that we are still alive :)

First at all - due all of the comments and opinions we got from many many doomers out there - lots of stuff changed and we started over again on the maps to make them look different, not as overloaded as they have been concerning "copy&paste" detail and not as cramped as they have been. Many special things have been added to enhance atmosphere and graphics and surely gameplay... but, just take a look at this yourself!

Many new features have been added to our list, some of them can be seen on the screenshots, others are still a secret :) So I will just tell you a few of them ;)
- 9 totally revamped and heavy detailed re-interpretations of the original E1 maps
- 1 super secret map, patchwork of Episode 2, Episode 3 and Episode 4 maps
- over 300 new textures (many totally new!)
- new monsters (both totally new with original sprites and some from the monster pack)
- 2 new weapons (grenade launcher & rifle)
- 3D angles for items and other objects
- heavy use of latest ZDoom features (incl. cam-textures, DECORATE, portals, ...)
- complete new soundtrack (remixes from E1 tracks)
- beautiful light effects (glows and shining rays)
- massive use of ambient sounds (to emphasize the creepy atmosphere)
- a 3D Intermission map of Phobos with many statistics and beautiful visuals
- a titlemap and creditsmap
- many easter eggs for you to discover
- and much more...

Concerning that, we are very close to the final beta tests. Almost every map is detailwise finished and the gameplay adjustmenet phase has been started for some of them, also concerning coop compatibility. Left to do are minor tweaks concerning the resources and some of the features, some mapping and for sure a lot of sprite work (which will take the most of the left needed time). But overall, KDiZD is about 90% finished and it won't take over 2 months to get it done I think :)

Well, this thread is a place where we are going to give you some information on the final developement phase and a place for you to give us some constructive and useful feedback on what we deliver. I hope that this doesn't turn into a flaming and bashing place again as many other KDiZD-Threads became one.
Feel free to ask if you have questons, feel free to give us feedback and feel free to help us in a certain way to finish the final product. But please be kind and don't forget: We are not just doing this for ourselves, it's also something we create for you, the community, by investing a great part of our free time!

Greetings,
Daniel "Tormentor667" Gimmer
Last edited by Tormentor667 on Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

I knew it was 90% finished! the screens look excellent! congrats to the KDiZD team! :thumb:
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Thx man :)
jallamann

Post by jallamann »

GO GIMMER GO GIMMER GO!
(oh yeah, and the rest of you lazy fags too)

;)

Nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

I'll tell you this, aside from this looking like the biggest revolution since sliced bread, it looks gorgeous!

Thing is though, I'm developing hit-scan-ophobia just looking at all those pistol zombies. Seriously though that rules (from what I can tell).

Go tema KDiZD!
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

BOOYAH!

I'm glad to hear that something has been done about the cramped over-detailing. I sort got a leak of an early E1M1 map, and I could barely find my way out of the first room. This looks to be much better.

Keep up the good work!

That shot with the planet/moon is f***ing awesome!

8-)
Bio Hazard

Re: [KDiZD] Community Information Thread

Post by Bio Hazard »

Tormentor667 wrote:- complete new soundtrack (remixes from E1 tracks)
Are we still using those 3DO tracks? Didn't Lexus make us a new soundtrack?
Tormentor667 wrote:- massive use of ambient sounds (to emphasize the creepy atmosphere)
I made sure they got it right ;)
Tormentor667 wrote:- a titlemap and creditsmap
Really?
Tormentor667 wrote:- many easter eggs for you to discover
Don't discover them if you know we hate you ;)
Tormentor667 wrote:I hope that this doesn't turn into a flaming and bashing place again as many other KDiZD-Threads became one.
It had better not. *click-click*
Tormentor667 wrote:Greetings,
You can't end a letter with "Gretings"... :?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Bio - Afaik, Lexus just created a few new tracks for us but not a complete new soundtrack! Conc. the CREDITSMAP: Yes, you do it ;) And conc. the TITLEMAP: Someone volunteered for that afaik! And the "Greetings" thing... it's "Grüße" in german and I think I can use it at the end of a letter, can't I?
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Caligari_87 wrote: That shot with the planet/moon is f***ing awesome!
That "moon" would be Mars. ;)
Risen

Post by Risen »

Caligari_87 wrote:I sort got a leak of an early E1M1 map, and I could barely find my way out of the first room. This looks to be much better.
I made some heavy revisions when I experienced the same thing. The team is much happier with it now, too. The monster placement has been redone from scratch as well, since that too was unsatisfactory.
ace

Post by ace »

EFFING INCREDIBLE. I am speechless (well, not technically :p).
Tormenter wrote:- heavy use of latest ZDoom features (incl. cam-textures, DECORATE, portals, ...)
Does this include ACS?

Anyway, excellent work, definitely looking forward to christmas (or thereabouts)! :D
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

ace wrote:Does this include ACS?
The first time you see the INTERMAP will answer that question...
ace

Post by ace »

Bio Hazard wrote:The first time you see the INTERMAP will answer that question...
Ah, suppose that makes sense. :roll:

I meant in-game, but I take that as a yes.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

ace wrote:I meant in-game,
M9 is loaded with scripts. It's so loaded with scripts that every time someone changes the map I have to fix it. Every interactive object is scripted in some way, that's just my style.
Tormentor667 wrote:@Bio: conc. the TITLEMAP: Someone volunteered for that afaik!
And who might that be? ;)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

*psssssht*
... :)

Return to “General”