The Monster Resource Wad

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Documentation (Wiki)] [Official News] [Downloads] [Discord]
[🔎 Google This Site]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Vader wrote:
KingofFlames wrote:when's the next MRW update?
When KDIZD is released!
you mean if it ever gets released :(
Vader

Post by Vader »

It WILL get released!
Do you really think we would scrap the project,
so short before it´s completion and after the massive amount of work put into it... Never :P
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

short as in how short 95% done?
Vader

Post by Vader »

Maybe 90%, there´re still a lot of sprites that need to be done...
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

so all that needs to be done left is sprites? yay! I have hopes!
Vader

Post by Vader »

Ther´re several other issues left as well, but sprites will definitely need the most time.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

so do you guys have an exact release date then? Because I would very much like one. Or else I'll die of no good ZDoom maps. (can't wait one month for TNT4 :( )
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Lexus?

Anyway, just be glad that you're not waiting for ZDCMP2. I've only recently sorted out the hubbing and the like...

We've still got months of work, possibly a year to get this done...

EDIT: Hey, where'd graf's post go?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I deleted it. After posting I realized that KoF would most certainly misinterpret it.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Oh, ok. Still, makes me look like a bit of an idiot replying to a post that suddenly isn't there, eh?
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

.............I didn't even read your post. How could I misinterpert it if I didn't even read it?
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

That was the entire reason for deleting it! :P
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

KingofFlames wrote:so do you guys have an exact release date then? Because I would very much like one. Or else I'll die of no good ZDoom maps. (can't wait one month for TNT4 :( )
We're a group of amateur hobbyists, not a production line! :P Seriously though, do you personally schedule how much time you'll spend on one specific hobby each day well in advance, religiously stick to that schedule, and not let anything distract you from it? I doubt it very much... but even if you do, you have to realize not many other people operate in this manner. For most of us, how much time we spend on a hobby in a day depends not only how much free time we have, but also what mood we're in at the time.

Basically, the amount of time it would take to analyze precisely what needs to be done on KDIZD, who needs to do it, how much time every individual task will take, work out the average amount of time individual members spend on the project every day, provide for illnesses, holidays and all sorts of other things, then multiply, divide, subtract and add all the relevant figures together into an actual release date would take so much time and effort, it would probably end up considerably delaying the project! :D Not to mention that the resulting release date would more than likely or not be inaccurate anyway!
Last edited by NiGHTMARE on Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Release dates are really just for proffesional people who are being payed to get that date.

Remember that all ZDoom projects, including new engine releases aren't payed for, or proffesional. There aren't teams of people in a working environment working their nuts off in exchange for cash. Instead, the thing about hobbyists that was said above is what we have. Therefore, we must live with it. Would you want to be harried to finish something for nothing?
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

Also bear in mind that even in the case of professional games development companies, 95% of the time they don't actually finish in time for the release date ;).

Return to “ZDoom (and related) News”