[v2.5a /idgames Release!] Zen Dynamics: A ZDoom Revolution

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Er, for convenience and such, I always update the first post with the absolute latest version. Also, it works perfectly with the absolute latest version of Zdoom .96x (The ULTIMATE ZDoom and such), so just get those.

Oh, and there is a new update coming in the future. All I'm going to say about it right now is that the version number will jump to 2.0. :P
Belial

Post by Belial »

Yeah, I've got it to work. Finished it, too.

It was fun, and it is the second best wad in terms of creatively using ZDoom features (claust.wad is 1st), but gameplay lacks a lot IMO. The wad is too easy, there's tons of ammo lying around and the guns are much more powerful. Only parts that are somewhat hard are the first Hell Battery and killing Baphomet fast enough, before he decides to leave and not come back. Health distribution is ok, but low difficulty makes it seem like there's too many stims and medkits.

Needs more monsters/less ammo.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Heh, I keep getting alot of mixed opinions about the difficulty. Most people say brick is too soggy, er... that the wad is too hard, and there aren't enough items and such. In the later levels, I intentionally put a lot of ammo around, because I personally like making my maps harder due to lack of health than lack of ammo.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

You should make a zen weapon pack, now that we can have realoading with altfire :)
Skunk

Post by Skunk »

Xaser wrote:Most people say brick is too soggy
CAD fan, are we?
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Skunk wrote:
Xaser wrote:Most people say brick is too soggy
CAD fan, are we?
I assure you, it is a shoe. :P
cutmanmike wrote:You should make a zen weapon pack, now that we can have realoading with altfire :)
That is the best suggestion I've heard in ages. I should do that. :P
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

While you're here, I noticed that the COPgun you made crashes multiplayer, and since you created this gun have you any idea why it crashes?
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

The latest version of the ZDoom community build is always located here.
Nightmare Doom

Post by Nightmare Doom »

None of the guns worked
Xenophon

Post by Xenophon »

PROTIP: Use the "reload" key.
Belial

Post by Belial »

PROTIP: Don't care about idiots who don't care about reading the fucking manual.
Xenophon

Post by Xenophon »

Heh, touchè.
Skunk

Post by Skunk »

Two complaints:
1. Couldn't complete some levels without cheating. Had to noclip a few areas.
2. The reload is pretty weird. In ALL other games, your gun is already loaded and if you run out of ammo it auto reloaded for you. Having to load your gun and reload it manualy is too tasking. Might as well have different keys to take out the clip, insert the clip, and cock the weapon.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

I tried Cold as Hell (after getting the patches for it) and I found the doors wouldn't open. Well, I checked the map to see what was wrong, and there were line specials right in front of the door. That's when I realized I had some old compat flags turned on. Check and see if that was your problem as well, Skunk.
Nightmare Doom

Post by Nightmare Doom »

Reloading weapons piss me off (including a lack of double barrel shotgun)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”