so far...we still cant add bots in dm?

Talk about multiplayer ZDoom games here.
Forum rules
Curunir
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Curunir »

/me grabs some popcorn and sits back
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

johnc753 wrote:Ultraviolet, from ur language, are u a WHITE guy?
jhon, frum ur lungruadge, r u a DUMBASS?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

cuz from ur language, sometimes i dun understand wut r u trying to say
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Ultraviolet wrote:I WILL GRIND YOUR BONES TO DUST FOR MY ESPECIALLY BITTER COCOA POWDER MIX, MORTAL. YOUR MOTHER BELONGS TO ME! I RAPED YOUR CAT!

like this one, why u say stuff in this weird way? i dun understand,

r u from America?
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

I SHALL OBLITERATE THEE, FOR THOU ART BUT A MERE PEST STANDING IN MY WAY! AND I SHALL RAPE, NAY, COMMIT BDSM ACTS WITH THINE CAT! REGARDING YOUR MOTHER, I DEEM IT WISER TO LEAVE HER IN THE POSSESSION OF THY FATHER, FOR SHE HARDLY IS OF SUITABLE AGE TO BE OWNED BY SOMEONE AS YOUNG AS I.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

sorry becuz i 'm a little [censored word]..and impatient
here's my procedure to play a dm game with a bot

my bots.cfg are in zcajun folder which is in zdoom folder... my 321dm.wad also in zdoom folder

1. i drag the 321dm.wad over zdoom.exe
2. in the console: i type "deathmatch 1" "set time 20" "set frag 20" or any other things
3. then i press new game, and here the map it is...but when i type "addbot" in the console it say "no bot spawn.." again

which step i'm doing wrong
Biff

Post by Biff »

Hmm, I have never tried it that way, let me see...... Hey, you have just found a bug I think.

When I drag a wad over zdoom.exe, zdoom starts OK in the dragged wad, but does not see the bots.cfg file any more!

If I start as usual from the DOS command line, all is well. You might want to try that for now, with the command:

zdoom -file 321dm.wad -deathmatch

In case you aren't familiar with the DOS command prompt (and I am guessing you are running windows98), you can find the MS-DOS Prompt in the programs menu, probably near the bottom. When you select it, you will probably see the prompt as this:

C:\Windows>_

You have to move to the folder where you have zdoom.exe. In my case, I have zdoom in
C:\games\zdoom2

To move there I use the CD (change directory) command. From the Windows directory (folder), I type CD \games\zdoom2 and hit enter. Then the prompt will show I'm in the zdoom folder. After that, I enter whatever command line I want.

An alternative to this is to make a shortcut to zdoom.exe, put it on your desktop and edit its properties as needed. Using Windows Explorer, browse to the folder with zdoom.exe. Right click on zdoom.exe and select "Create Shortcut". Then, drag the new shortcut from the Explorer window over to your desktop. Now, right click on the shortcut icon and select "Properties". See the line that says "Target" - that's the command to start zdoom.exe. Add to that line -file 321dm.wad -deathmatch +fraglimit xx +timelimit xx
and hit the OK button. Now, you should just be able to double click the shortcut, select skill and go into the game. Drop the console, add bots.
Zell

Post by Zell »

johnc753 wrote:sorry becuz i 'm a little [censored word]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

o really i find a bug!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

so biff i post this bug on forum "bug" or "closed bug"?
Nanami

Post by Nanami »

Someone already posted it for you, and Randy's already fixed it and released a new version.
Chris

Post by Chris »

It's already taken care of and fixed.
Nanami

Post by Nanami »

Haha, I winned. =D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Chris wrote:It's already taken care of and fixed.
show me where the thread is
Nanami

Post by Nanami »

Return to “Networking”