New features (last update 8.8.2005)

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

DomRem wrote:Alright, here it is. It's quite long, so I put it in a spoiler:

To be honest, I can't see how this works at all. These definitions are incomplete for a monster and might produce strange results. Why are they not flagged as MONSTER?
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Code: Select all

CHGG A 4 OFFSET(x,y) A_WeaponReady

Final update:

Alternate weapon fire works, I have added 2 more code pointers (A_ExtChase as an A_Chase replacement with options and the A_Jiggle suggested a few pages ago.
2 things left to do:

1. custom special death actions for MAPINFO. This is something I wanted to have for some time now to use in some older maps.
2. add Grubber's last update to my code.

When I'm done I'll send it to Grubber so he can put it on the server.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

I'm done! Finally it's all in and v2.0.96x² (The Ultimate ZDoom) is ready to be released.

But I am so tired now that I'd rather go to bed before I put it all together. I don't want to make some stupid error in the last minute.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Noes not another day! :(
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Would you have liked a buggy version because I wasn't able to think clearly anymore? It's done, I am putting it together right now and it shouldn't be long until you have it.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

DoomRater wrote: EDIT: since this won't work if the ammolimit is something other than 400, I'd like a A_JumpIfMaxAmmo(AmmoType,FramesToJump) or something.

Changed A_JumpIfInventory to check against the maximum possible amount you can carry if you pass 0 as the amount to be checked.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Hey Graf, this is probably too late and I am not saying that this HAS to be in the next release, but maybe, if you have time, could you add in skin changing through ACS in another unofficial release?

This has been requested by a lot of people and skin-changing during gameplay adds a lot of new possibilities...

Or is this beyond your scope?
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

No. The simple reason for this is that the way skins are defined is too limiting. For something like this a more general and useful method should be developed that doesn't rely on skin WADs. But this is clearly something that can't be done without Randy's cooperation because it would require some more fundamental changes to player handling in the game.

I have no desire to put features in here which aren't fully thought through. That carries the big risk of creating something that keeps the good stuff from being added to the official version some day.
Grubber

Post by Grubber »

It can be something like SetMarineSprite, but for players (SetPlayerSprite).
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Thanks DomRem, I did this one (put Stop instead of Fail in the last line).

After a couple of tests with the +FRIENDLY stuff, I got this bugs:

1) If you spawn a friendly ghost, and there is no enemy at its sight, if it listen to a player shot, it will follow the player. This doesn't occur with the normal monsters spawned by SUMMONFRIEND command; maybe because they have the flag +ISMONSTER (which cracks the game when I put this into the AutoDetectMine), so the engine knows that a +ISMONSTER flag makes the actor belong to a monster group;

2) If you shot yourself, like with a rocket splash, or explode a barrel, the friendly monsters will chase you (this occurs in ALL cases, including monsters spawned by SUMMONFRIEND). I think the engine thinks that FRIENDLY is a monster that chases every other monster that tries to attack the player, so if the player attacks himself, he'll be an enemy too.

My suggestions to fix it:

1) Make an A_FriendlyLook codepointer - it would fix the first bug;

2) I don't know about the hit bug, I think it requires some further adjustements on the overall monster logic;

Another bug related to inventory:

1) I tried to put A_SpawnItem in USE state, but you can easily drop the item inside a wall with this command;

2) I used A_FireCustomMissile to throw the object, but it didn't work too; if you're facing a wall and throw it, the system will simply freeze;

My suggestion:

1) Make an action like A_ThrowInventory just for avoid these spawn bugs.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I'll post here a version of the AutoDetectMine. I would be grateful if you could help me on this. It has the FRIENDLY bug - spawn if in an empty room and shot - and has that Spawn bug - face a wall and use it, it will be dropped inside the wall.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Grubber wrote:It can be something like SetMarineSprite, but for players (SetPlayerSprite).
That's exactly what I have in mind. But to make sound replacements easier it should also be possible to set the player's sound class. Replacing all sounds manually is not possible.

@Daniel:

Friendlies:

1. FRIENDLY without ISMONSTER will glitch on occasion. Sorry, can't do anything about it.

2. Is a known bug. It has been fixed for ZDoom but the old unofficial version did not contain the fix. The new one I did does.

Inventory:

1. Yes, for non-monsters there are no checks. The problem is that adding them would make the function rather useless.

2. Sounds like a bug. I will have to check for that.

Suggestion:

You mean like the 'drop' console command? That shouldn't be too hard.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

2) If you shot yourself, like with a rocket splash, or explode a barrel, the friendly monsters will chase you (this occurs in ALL cases, including monsters spawned by SUMMONFRIEND). I think the engine thinks that FRIENDLY is a monster that chases every other monster that tries to attack the player, so if the player attacks himself, he'll be an enemy too.
Haha

Friendlymarine1: LET'S KICK THOSE DEMON ASSES!!!
Friendlymarine2: YEAH LETS ROCK!!
Player shoots a rocket and hurts himself
Friendlymarine1: OH NO HE'S HURT BADLY!!!
Friendlymarine2: OH NO QUICK GIVE HIM THE MEDIKIT!!!
Friendlymarine1: Nah let's just finish him off instead
Friendlymarine2: Yeah that sounds fun DIEE!!!
BANG BANG
Player gets pwned
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

About the first bug, is so hard to make the A_FriendlyLook codepointer? I think it would fix the problem.
Graf Zahl wrote:2. Is a known bug. It has been fixed for ZDoom but the old unofficial version did not contain the fix. The new one I did does.
Do you plan to fix it on the unnoficial?
Graf Zahl wrote:You mean like the 'drop' console command? That shouldn't be too hard.
Yes! But there is another risk: when dropping a pickable object, it must be unpickable for a certain time, or the player will drop and pick it immediately, but I don't think this would happen if you make a codepointer just like the "DROP" command. A tip: if you could customize the distance that the object will be dropped it would be very useful.

This could help me a lot; I was planning to make an inventory that works like this: you drop a teleporter device, and keep it on this place; you also get another inventory when you drop it, a teleporter to send you to the place you dropped this device.

Btw, thanks again Graf for your help.

CUTMANMIKE : :lol:
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Daniel wrote:About the first bug, is so hard to make the A_FriendlyLook codepointer? I think it would fix the problem.
Graf Zahl wrote:2. Is a known bug. It has been fixed for ZDoom but the old unofficial version did not contain the fix. The new one I did does.
Do you plan to fix it on the unnoficial?
As I said: Already done!
Graf Zahl wrote:You mean like the 'drop' console command? That shouldn't be too hard.
Yes! But there is another risk: when dropping a pickable object, it must be unpickable for a certain time, or the player will drop and pick it immediately, but I don't think this would happen if you make a codepointer just like the "DROP" command. A tip: if you could customize the distance that the object will be dropped it would be very useful.
I'd just use the same code.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”