New weapon problems

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Zell

New weapon problems

Post by Zell »

----------------
the problem is reposted at the problem =p
Last edited by Zell on Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zell

Post by Zell »

whoops lol i forgot the brackets lol sry
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

How did you make your BFG 10K? You can't simply insert lumps in a WAD and have it work. To make a totally new weapon you'll need to edit the Zdoom source and add your own weapon.
Zell

Post by Zell »

i edited all the stuff in that file ewpns that lilwhitemouse made..i figured tha would work =p
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Ahhh OK, so your BFG 10K is actually a modified Heretic or Hexen weapon?
Zell

Post by Zell »

yup =)
EDIT: damn it lol im still gettin that nasty script error
Zell

Post by Zell »

lol here is the script:

Code: Select all

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 OPEN
{
Spawnspot ("BFG10K, 64, -68)
}
and here is the error:
Error #48: Identifier has not been declared.
Identifier: spawnspot
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

From what I have heard, you can't edit the behaviors of the Heretic\Hexen weapons, so if you replace one of those with a new weapon, that new weapon is gonna work exactly the same as the one you replaced. For example, in ewpns2wad, the Tri-Beam Laser acts exactly like the Heretic Crossbow, since that is what it has replaced. I don't know if there is any way to change that.
Zell

Post by Zell »

....well i kew that but i want to use it =p
i need it to spawn in the level. and that script isnt workin.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Well... I have to admit that i've never done that before. Ask LilWhiteMouse, she'll know.
Zell

Post by Zell »

ok, well i got it into the game and everything, but my question is now, can u use a DeHacked pacth to alter hexen weapons in a wad? i.e. firing speed and damage?

edit: lol i wanted to add that I replaced the trigun with my BFG10K but i feel its a bit weak 4 what it is =)
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Sorry, but DeHackEd patches are only for Doom Games (Makes sense, as DeHackEd is actually short for Doom Exe Hack Editor). There is a program called HeHackEd (Heretic Exe Hack Editor), which edits heretic in much the same way that DeHackEd edits doom, but Zdoom currently has no support for HeHackEd Patches, and as far as I know, there isn't any exe editor for Hexen.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Identifier has not been declared.

Identifier: spawnspot

This message usually seen when you don not have zcommon.acs and the other acs files that are distributed with ACC in the same directory as the script being compiled, or if you are running with an out of date version of these files/ or ACC itself. The latest versions can be DLed here.

http://zdoom.org/files/utils/

And for when you actually get your script running...

How are you defining the BFG10K item? If it is through a DECORATE lump, simply defining the item isn't enough. You can either place it in a map and give it a special to run a script that gives you the weapon concerned, or you can summon it using a script, and use a second line in the script to give the item the special of running another script to give you the weapon.

On it's own, a decorate pickup item is just an item that can be picked up if you give it a special, but giving it a special is not automatic in defining the item.

If you want to check that your pickup item is summonable, type "summon BFG10K" at the console. The pickup should appear in front of you, but you won't actually be able to pick it up because there will not be a script assigned to the summoned item.

Of course, if the weapon you are using is just a simple Heretic/Hexen weapon, you could simply summon the original Heretic/Hexen pickup and not bother with a decorate lump at all.

can u use a DeHacked pacth to alter hexen weapons in a wad?

No, there is no way to alter the behaviours of Heretic and Hexen weapons or anything else from those games in Zdoom unless you want to dive in and alter the source code.

Edit: OK so Xaser beat me to the last paragraph. :)
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Don't you hate it when that happens?
Zell

Post by Zell »

ok...lol ..so if i wanted to make the BFG10K more powerful, i would need to go into the source code. My question is, how would other people play it? would i pack an the altered zdoom.exe into the zip file or...lol i've always been a little confused about that =p

Return to “Editing (Archive)”