i dont know how to change player colors

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
CanMan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): windows 11

Re: i dont know how to change player colors

Post by CanMan »

do i have to change the status bar face too?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

No, that should be OK.

There is an element of the status bar that can change with player colour in multiplayer games, but it's the background to the face, not the face itself.
Professor Hastig
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Professor Hastig »

Enjay wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:58 pm If so, then it is a related problem. My guess is that, with Chex loaded, the game "knows" that the colour range that should be subject to remapping for the player sprites is not green but blue (I just checked - the game does indeed "know" that).[/edit]
It's much simpler:

DoomPlayer has "Player.ColorRange 112, 127;"
ChexPlayer has "player.colorrange 192, 207;" with this comment added: //Not perfect, but its better than everyone being blue.

The game doesn't need to know, you can just define the desired range on your player class.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Yup:
Enjay wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:19 pm If you are interested in defining a totally new player class, then you can set which colours are the ones subject to alteration in the preferences menu by including Player.ColorRange in your player definition.
;)

I'm a little bit rusty with some of the inner workings of GZDoom, having been semi-away for some time, but it's coming back to me. :D
CanMan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): windows 11

Post by CanMan »

Professor Hastig wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 am
Enjay wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:58 pm If so, then it is a related problem. My guess is that, with Chex loaded, the game "knows" that the colour range that should be subject to remapping for the player sprites is not green but blue (I just checked - the game does indeed "know" that).[/edit]
It's much simpler:

DoomPlayer has "Player.ColorRange 112, 127;"
ChexPlayer has "player.colorrange 192, 207;" with this comment added: //Not perfect, but its better than everyone being blue.

The game doesn't need to know, you can just define the desired range on your player class.
how?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

By creating your own custom player class and adding the appropriate code:

https://zdoom.org/wiki/Creating_new_player_classes
https://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:PlayerPawn

Return to “Technical Issues”