Dusted's Pandemonia (v2.5) (+ Monsters-only) (Anarchy and Insurrection addons!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Rowsol

Re: Dusted's Pandemonia (v2.4.2) (+ Monsters-only) (Anarchy and Insurrection addons!)

Post by Rowsol »

unknown actor property usually means your gzdoom is too old.
Rtma

Re: Dusted's Pandemonia (v2.4.2) (+ Monsters-only) (Anarchy and Insurrection addons!)

Post by Rtma »

Rowsol wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:48 am unknown actor property usually means your gzdoom is too old.
I am running the latest version, 4-11-3a, got another explaination?
antpostal

Post by antpostal »

its the files. anarchy 1.2 is not compatible with the monster only version. use pand-anarchy-monsters 1.1.1 with the 2.4.2 monster only verison and it should work
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Rtma wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:57 am
Rowsol wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:48 am unknown actor property usually means your gzdoom is too old.
I am running the latest version, 4-11-3a, got another explaination?
Sorry, I just skimmed your post. I'm so used to seeing people using old versions that I just jumped to that conclusion.

Seeing that it's checking for a unique property, it's safe to say it's a load order issue, assuming the property it's looking for is actually in one of the other files.
Rtma

Post by Rtma »

antpostal wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:31 am its the files. anarchy 1.2 is not compatible with the monster only version. use pand-anarchy-monsters 1.1.1 with the 2.4.2 monster only verison and it should work
The download only gives you v1.2, where do you get v1.1.1?
Impulse9
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10

Post by Impulse9 »

Is this a bug? I have the shotgun and collect the SSG, but then I do NOT have the SSG in my inventory. If I drop the SG, I can collect and use the SSG, but AFTER that I can no longer use the SG???

These mods I use:

https://ibb.co/CvCr9zP

Greetings
DustedPandemonic

Re: Dusted's Pandemonia (v2.5) (+ Monsters-only) (Anarchy and Insurrection addons!)

Post by DustedPandemonic »

I often forget to check the ZDoom thread here, oops.
Pandemonia version 2.5 has been released, alongside updates for all of the addons!
All download links and changelogs are in the original post.

Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Dusted's Pandemonia (v2.5) (+ Monsters-only) (Anarchy and Insurrection addons!)

Post by Talon1024 »

I've been having a total blast with this "mega-mod" so far. Currently played through Doom Negative One and Memento Mori, both with the Insurrection addon, and I have some comments, particularly about the arcane weapons.
Spoiler:
Other than that, there are some bugs, such as these exclamation marks which appeared on Doom Negative One MAP28 "Reprise", and a Meteorite I was unable to pick up for some reason... But, it was dropped by an anarchic Eradicator, and had white particles coming out of it.
AliciaPendragon
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by AliciaPendragon »

I have a skin mod I want to use with this mod

Any chance you'll make Dusted's Pandemonuim compatible with mods that change the player's skin as well as the face graphic?
Ranubis

Post by Ranubis »

Awesome mod, it looks like most of updates add tons of content, but i would like to ask what are you planing to add aside enemies and weapons (i dont know if theres any melee weapon but it would be really cool) cause maybe movement addons would improve general feeling of this gameplay mod. Some enemies (mostly powerful ones) have AOE attacks and i think they would be better to handle with some dash or double jump, i did a Zmovement patch on v2.4 but im not very used to things like that. This is my fav mod btw, youre doing a great job man.
DustedPandemonic

Post by DustedPandemonic »

Talon1024 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:41 pm
I will definitely keep those suggestions in mind for the Raiden shotgun!
As for the "unknown"/exclamation actors on map28, was there a Hellfire spawn event by chance? A bugfix update coming out soon should fix that issue.
The Meteorite that the Demented Eradicator dropped is actually a converter for the Meteorite, removing its durability entirely. I may change the effects on it so it doesn't seem like a weapon pickup.

AliciaPendragon wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:37 pm I have a skin mod I want to use with this mod

Any chance you'll make Dusted's Pandemonuim compatible with mods that change the player's skin as well as the face graphic?
I haven't had much luck getting skins to work in GZDoom, but I will look into trying to make them compatible.

Ranubis wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:10 am Awesome mod, it looks like most of updates add tons of content, but i would like to ask what are you planing to add aside enemies and weapons (i dont know if theres any melee weapon but it would be really cool) cause maybe movement addons would improve general feeling of this gameplay mod. Some enemies (mostly powerful ones) have AOE attacks and i think they would be better to handle with some dash or double jump, i did a Zmovement patch on v2.4 but im not very used to things like that. This is my fav mod btw, youre doing a great job man.
I could add different movement related buffs to new armor types, as of right now the only real movement buff is the Distorted Armor's ability. Maybe an armor that reduces your gravity? Definitely something with a dash or boost effect, I will keep those ideas in mind!
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I just got a VM abort. Here's a screenie. Using 2.4.1 monsters only.
I've seen this guy quite a few times, but this is the first time this has happened. There was serious slaughter at the moment.
Attachments
Annotation 2024-04-25 181505.png
A_D_M_E_R_A_L

Post by A_D_M_E_R_A_L »

Rowsol wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:15 pm I just got a VM abort. Here's a screenie. Using 2.4.1 monsters only.
I've seen this guy quite a few times, but this is the first time this has happened. There was serious slaughter at the moment.
It's fixed in the main version.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”