Raging Bull - Push It To The Limit

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Crazy_Deer
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: Raging Bull - Push It To The Limit

Post by Crazy_Deer »

i think there's still some issues with custom Revenant and Python revolver sprites, with Enhanced Vanilla Project monsters again
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

I can't fix the problem if you don't tell me what the problem is.

Which sprites have issues? Have you used the latest version?
Crazy_Deer

Post by Crazy_Deer »

it's more or less the same problem as before, depending on loading order the revolver is either just a revenant sprite on the top left of the screen, or the revenant loses some sprites so it just kinda becomes invisible when walking
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

Right, fixed.

I got that naming clash mixed up with another clash entirely, my bad.
RaZZoR

Post by RaZZoR »

Damn, this is gud!

Crazy_Deer

Post by Crazy_Deer »

Been having a good time so far ngl. I have a few minor suggestions like making the revolver do 60 so it can oneshot imps, cuz i feel like that would make it more satisfying than it already is, and making the voicelines and the music override toggable. But regardless this is still a very fun mod
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Okay, so, the China Lake and the M203 both fire well above where I'm aiming for some stupid reason, and it's even worse that the Python does as well.

You wouldn't mind at least making that optional, please? Would you?
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

The Python isn't supposed to fire above or below the crosshair, that's an issue (fixed) with A_SetPitch coming before the actual bullet firing, but the China Lake is a weapon primarily for crowd control, and once you get used to the angle, you learn how to adjust properly.
I did tweak the M203, though. Fires at a less steep angle, and is more of a direct damage weapon, for the sake of making them a little more distinct.
And you can interrupt the reloading animation, now.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

Update.

Incorporated Postal: RWC's kick mechanic to RB, so now it serves more of a purpose.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

Quick 3 A.M. update.

Death screen updated, courtesy of YukesVonFaust!
EnriksD8

Post by EnriksD8 »

I have tried out this mod with Lost Civilization and the Hell from Earth monsters pack and it is an awesome experience (I recommend playing it with the Hell from Earth monsters pack as it makes it feel like an 80s action movie in most encounters). I was also playing on Kingpin difficulty, which made for tense gunfights, moving from cover to cover while trying to burst fire whatever weapon I had in hand.

I do love how the weapons sound and feel. They just feel so right in overall experience, though I do have some things to say:

First off, the akimbo weapons, (twin Beretta 92FS handguns and twin MAC-10 SMGs) waste a bit too much ammunition per trigger pull. I think having each gun be bound to different mouse buttons (Left Mouse for the left hand gun and Right Mouse for the right hand gun) would alleviate this issue slightly.
Second, despite its name, the Sawed-Off in both its pickup sprite and handheld sprite are more along the lines of a full-length shotgun instead of one where the barrels are sawn off (hence the name). Maybe an update to its visual appearance is in order?

Overall, Raging Bull is a pretty good weapon mod. I look forward to future updates from this.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

EnriksD8 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:07 pm *snip*
Yeah, i thought the higher ammo capacity would basically be an incentive to use these primarily, but i see where the issue lies. I don't plan on reworking the pistols so radically, but i have essentially separated the firing states, so you can keep the firerate while also being able to tap-fire.

And about the sawn-off? It's still relatively shorter than a full-sized shotgun, just because it keeps the stock doesn't make it a truly full-sized shotgun. Though i have removed the stock to make it look closer to the Skull's shotgun.
AliciaPendragon
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by AliciaPendragon »

Holy fuck.

All this needs is a good 80s themed map set as well as music mod, and you got a Scarface FPS pretty much.

Any suggestions on monster mods to use with this?
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

DeeDeeOz's Payback Enemies and Army of Oz goes pretty well with it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”