THE ADVENTURES OF DELTA VERSION E621 - THE PROFESSIONAL DUMBASS IS BACK IN TOWN!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DELTAtheDboi005
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: THE ADVENTURES OF DELTA - POWER FANTASY SIMULATOR v2.0b

Post by DELTAtheDboi005 »

Xerenogan wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:44 am Hiya. Interesting mod, though I don't think I can say too much more than what Jarewill said.
Just some words of encouragement, especially about the art. Practice makes perfect. The more you draw, the better you get.
Definitely second that bit about the NSFW content and the run speed.
Curious to see the next version.
Take care.
Thanks for the feedback! I've already addressed the nsfw malarky AND I'm posting a newer version which does nerf some of the weapons by means of decreased ammo capacity, run speed is staying as is however because of the fact that this mod will have HIGHLY aggressive custom enemies, some of which will also be planned to run at a similar speed to you. As for where the nsfw graphics are now? Well... I'm certainly not telling... 8-)

EDIT: I forgot to tell that the interesting art style that this mod has is COMPLETELY INTENTIONAL and will not be changed... If it ain't broke don't fix it am I right? Now have a good one.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

DELTAtheDboi005 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:44 pm As for where the nsfw graphics are now? Well... I'm certainly not telling... 8-)
I should hope the answer isn't "still in the mod" because we do, indeed, have rules about that.
DELTAtheDboi005

Don't worry, I Just patched it out 8-)
DELTAtheDboi005

wildweasel wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:45 pm
DELTAtheDboi005 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:44 pm As for where the nsfw graphics are now? Well... I'm certainly not telling... 8-)
I should hope the answer isn't "still in the mod" because we do, indeed, have rules about that.
Here's what I did: I made a personal version that contains the nsfw version and the version that doesn't contain that stuff which will be the version that's available here. It's a weird workaround but it works. If some "nuclear fallout" is still in the mod, just let me know and I'll remove it.
DELTAtheDboi005

Internet's fucking tanking on my end so the next update will have to be delayed for a few minutes
DELTAtheDboi005

Re: THE ADVENTURES OF DELTA v3 [BIG-ish UPDATE]

FINALLY updated the mod. Have fun!
DELTAtheDboi005

This (sort of) latest version of this mod is now available on doomworld! now with a custom boss enemy called the overseer!

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... ntasy-mod/
DELTAtheDboi005

The next version of this mod, simply titled "REVAMPED", hereby referred to as TAOD: RELOADED is going to be a similar thing to guncaster: vindicated and be it's own seperate mod to this version, if not, I could just update this instead... However, the most up-to-date version (in this case: TAOD: RELOADED) will be available on doomworld if that makes sense. No idea when I'll be done with this update as it will add more weapons and new sprite changes, as well as gameplay mechanics, but I hope for it to be soon-ish (or when it's done lmao)
DELTAtheDboi005

Added a video from my new odysee channel in the OP
DELTAtheDboi005

I have been C O N V E R T E D

I've been toying around with the one thing I truly hate about modding: ZSCRIPT!

That's right, I have just dipped my toe into the waters of zscript and mucking about with what I can do, namely custom actor functions. Expect the next version to be in (mostly) zscript, making the editors like gzdoom builder and ultimate doom builder pick up the custom doo-dads and doo-dingys!
NeonBytesX
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 8.1
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by NeonBytesX »

It's a pretty interesting mod, it reminded me of lizard squad, is it your first mod?
the weapons are quite strong xD oof you are competing with russian overkill
I like the illustration of the menu the armor on your character looks pretty cool
also the effect of the hydra weapon is quite cool
As they told you before, you will improve your drawing style with the passage of time C:

I didn't expect so much drip on map songs 31 and 32 haha

as feedback I think that the minigun is visually too thin
and the range of the bfg is exaggerated, it could be improved
DELTAtheDboi005

NeonBytesX wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:33 pm It's a pretty interesting mod, it reminded me of lizard squad, is it your first mod?
the weapons are quite strong xD oof you are competing with russian overkill
I like the illustration of the menu the armor on your character looks pretty cool
also the effect of the hydra weapon is quite cool
As they told you before, you will improve your drawing style with the passage of time C:

I didn't expect so much drip on map songs 31 and 32 haha

as feedback I think that the minigun is visually too thin
and the range of the bfg is exaggerated, it could be improved
Thanks for the feedback!. :D

No, I've never heard of lizard squad so you may have to enlighten me on that.

Yes, I do want this mod to have a similar thing to RO.

I looked at the hydra after watching markiplier play the dead space remake, I was a little surprised on how the hydra kinda looked like the pulse rifle from that game, instead of that comically oversized, triple barrel machine gun from james cameron's avatar movie (which was the primary inspiration for that weapon).

The art style's intentional... That ain't changing for a good, long while.

Also, You saw what I did with map 31 and 32? I'm not what version I put up but god I hope it ain't the "lmaofunny" version lmao :lol:

And yea, the shredder's minigun barrels do look a bit thin, it was based of an actual model that I made irl and traced over... And the eraser's range (and the eraser in general) is going to be reworked in the next version so keep an eye out for that...

Hope you stick around for the next version mate, love to see you there! 8-)
Unregret
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 9+1

Post by Unregret »

Keep going man; this mod reminds me of Netronian Chaos and Rebel Rumble. With more updates; of course:
- Add colors and shadows to weaponry and main character. Based on main intro picture; I guess more sub-weapons such as shoulder-mounted launcher and claws for main cast?
- Add more ammo to weapons and balance things. I find it is brutally hard even on NORMAL difficulty, even with bullet time feature.
- I'm not sure if angled sprites of enemy are missing or their reactions are fast enough to just look at you upon moving and shooting; though they move more natural with those. But we can still play with other monster pack that a good thing.
=> You will improve your drawing style, in time. I and Vergil have no doubt about that, keep MOTIVATED!
DELTAtheDboi005

Unregret wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:16 am Keep going man; this mod reminds me of Netronian Chaos and Rebel Rumble. With more updates; of course:
- Add colors and shadows to weaponry and main character. Based on main intro picture; I guess more sub-weapons such as shoulder-mounted launcher and claws for main cast?
- Add more ammo to weapons and balance things. I find it is brutally hard even on NORMAL difficulty, even with bullet time feature.
- I'm not sure if angled sprites of enemy are missing or their reactions are fast enough to just look at you upon moving and shooting; though they move more natural with those. But we can still play with other monster pack that a good thing.
=> You will improve your drawing style, in time. I and Vergil have no doubt about that, keep MOTIVATED!
Oh THIS is what you mean by "main thread" :lol:

1. I have actually coded in a way to get ammo for your weapons, which I will get to soon.

2. Enemies are getting tweaks here and there, largely modified realm667 assets until I make PROPER enemy replacements.

3. I have said this many a time on this thread: THE ART STYLE'S INTENTIONAL :twisted: 8-) :wink:

4. one out of the two sub-weapons you mentioned is already in the next update, as well as a grenade launcher and a minigun, each having a dedicated key-bind. As for the claws... I actually completely forgot about them, I could make it so that you could get a bit of health, ammo, and armor back when you kill the enemies with the claws...

5. the enemy sprites aren't missing any rotation sprites, they're pretty much all accounted for. I have actually considered full support for monster packs such as rampancy, complete with their own replacements. Can't guarantee anything though so take that as you may...

6. I have experimented with magicavoxel to make models for weapons and characters, but as I said: The art-style will be altered in any way, same applies to the 3d models that are already in the next update...

7. "brutally hard" is completely intentional, just you wait until you see the planned "elite guard", "praetan", "mindflayer", and "cardinal" enemies :twisted:

Overall, thanks very much for the feedback!

The doomworld thread for this mod doesn't get ANY attention lmao :lol:

Take care :)
Unregret
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 9+1

Post by Unregret »

Return to “Gameplay Mods”