I've copied all the files from the previous laptop to the new one and approached some problems:
1. first trying to test a map on the same apps: ultimate doom builder and GzDoom leaded to an error message:
Code: Select all
"File gzdoom.pk3 is overriding core lump mapinfo/tnt.txt"
So I've upgraded the GzDoom from 4.3.3 to 4.4.2 and the test map ran.
However the light's effects were completely different from what I had on my previous laptop.
1. Lights were more dimm
2. Lights ran through obstacles - even throug an empty sector cut completely off from the map.
3. I've started with a revolver instead of a riffle
I tried to mimic all the settings I had on the previous laptop:
1. I copied all the files needed for brutal doom to the GzDoom 4.4.2 folder
2. I've set the same wads in resources for dom 2 (UDMF) config in the Ultimate Doom Builder
Here is the new setting:
And the link to the GzDoom 4.4.2:
Here is the old setting:
And the link to GzDoom 4.3.3:
And HERE are the differences in render.
The original render style on my old laptop:
(you can see that pillar blocks the lights and that there is a proper light cones setup on the celling)
And the new render.
(You can see that the lights go through the pillars and that the overall light level is much lower. It's hard to see but the light cone on the floor is from a directional light source that went THROUGH the pillar even thou the pillar is an empty sector.)
WHAT SETTINGS AM I MISSING that lead to such differences?
How should I set up Ultimate Doom Builder (I want to upgrade it to v4025) and gzDoom (4.4.2) to run as on the old laptop?
Windows 10 home Build 19044.2251 (21H2)
Ultimate Doom builder: R4025 (64bit)
GzDoom 4.4.2 (64bit)
Windows 10 home Build 1763.348
Ultimate Doom builder: R3489 (64bit)
GzDoom 4.3.3 (64bit)