Walpurgis 0.99 (For Doom/Heretic/Hexen) [NEW RELEASE!!!]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
eharper256

Re: Walpurgis 0.97 (For Doom/Heretic/Hexen) [NEW TRAILER!]

Post by eharper256 »

New video!

Autumn has just left us, but even so, a new Bri wad is something I'll usually take a look at. As always, they look great and flow well, and this one is extra-intense and quite fast paced.

This video is covering the first three levels of Fallen Leaves. Unfortunately, I couldn't think of a smart way to integrate Myrmidon into the title of the mapset for the video (lol), but ah well. And picking Cluster Hammers as my upgrade was a really good choice for this level with its packed mobs.

I am fully recovered now following my previous hospital stay, so I will be commencing consolidation on what I want to see in Walpurgis 0.98. I think we have all the upgrades we could need in 0.97 and we're approaching what I would consider feature-complete. I expect the road to 1.0 to probably add Slot-3 alternative weapons and perhaps a few inventory tweaks.

You can get this mapset here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/132664
PurpleRhino83

Post by PurpleRhino83 »

Holy crap! This has a spearman class?! I'm in
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

PurpleRhino83 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:05 pm Holy crap! This has a spearman class?! I'm in
The Crusader has the Spear of the Storm Sect; a longspear that he uses Phalanx-style with his kite-shield, yes. :)

The spear can also summon spectral partisans as missiles and create explosive holy lightning circles; and be upgraded in several ways to have more lightning related power.

Took me ages to sprite and program it; but it was worth it, I do love the spear very much. Hope you enjoy!
neto592

Post by neto592 »

Any possibility of Walpurgis someday being compatible with Strife?
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

neto592 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:54 pm Any possibility of Walpurgis someday being compatible with Strife?
Maybe. I don't have access to the iWad; and for Walp to fit, it requires alot more fiddling and probably quite a few dialogue changes, and some decisions on whether the Sigil itself is still required as well as some reasoning as to why you can be knocked out and imprisoned as a dimensional-travelling demigod. :lol:

In other words, it's alot of work, and though I'm not outright dismissing it, it's more likely to be a post-1.0 feature.
neto592

Post by neto592 »

I see. Thanks for answer me.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

neto592 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:37 pm I see. Thanks for answer me.
No problem. Hope you're enjoying Walp and thanks for playing. :)
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

What would Christmas be without an atrocious Christmas Doom Wad or two?

Walter Confetti understands this well, so brings us Fastest Shovels 2, a 4-map WAD designed to make you feel like its Christmas 1994 all over again, complete with obnoxious textures and enemies, but with some decent level design.

As for myself, I recall 1994 to be the year my Gran put too much Rum in the Christmas Pudding, so caused a flame six feet high and singed the ceiling.

Incidently, Walpurgis is actually reducing the obnoxious sound effects of this wad because of monster replacement (unfortunately changing the load order the other way around causes all sorts of weird issues, but all you're missing is Imps with Santa Hats and Bauble Cacos).

You can get this shovelware here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/132939
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

I'm off for a few days to see folks for xmas, so may not be able to monitor the thread with spotty internet for a few days.

Hope everyone has a nice time restraining murderous impulses towards their family members as usual this Christmas!

Have a good one.
Impulse9
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10

Post by Impulse9 »

My friend. The mod is overkill! Thanks alot!!!
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Impulse9 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:42 am My friend. The mod is overkill! Thanks alot!!!
Thankyou for playing and commenting; I always appreciate it! Glad you're enjoying it!
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Happy New Year everyone!
Impulse9
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10

Post by Impulse9 »

Happy NY to all!!! @eharper256 Is there already a date for a new version? :D
CandiceJoy
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Win11, MacOS Ventura
Graphics Processor: Apple M1

Post by CandiceJoy »

Walpurgis is easily one of my favourite mods of all time, thank you <333
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

CandiceJoy wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:32 pmWalpurgis is easily one of my favourite mods of all time, thank you <333
Thankyou for playing and commenting, I always appreciate it alot! Glad you think so! :)
Impulse9 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:02 amHappy NY to all!!! @eharper256 Is there already a date for a new version? :D
Happy New Year to you as well. :)

Right now, I don't have a set date for 0.98, but I estimate mid February to early March right now. Unfortunately the normal 3-4 month cycle was slowed down a bit after the earlier incident where I went into Hospital in November, and then during Xmas not alot gets done in general when I'm visiting the folks. But lots of new stuff is still coming, don't worry!
----

Also, I guess it's time for the usual obnoxious reminders again: If you like Walp, please spend a few seconds giving a vote to it and all your other favourites in m8f's thread! And, don't forget there's a Discord (though its still pretty quiet right now). As always, big thanks to everyone who plays and comments; I wouldn't be here today without you. :wink:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”