Weapons of Wars

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
haruko haruhara

Weapons of Wars

Post by haruko haruhara »

weapons of wars is a similar mod to lsc v3 and various classic style old zdoom style weapon mods but sadly this was a older mod i made so it will be only for zandronum with skulltag content 3.0 beta01 either use zdl or drag and drop in zandronum 3.1.

a video
https://youtu.be/UHWpDCzKSLg

and here is the download link for weapons of wars the credits are in the google drive folder.

any suggestions for extra info for this post i will be glad to do so.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Weapons of Wars

Post by Captain J »

Steady and promising mod there! Every weapon feels like it's meant for fast-paced gameplay and i like that. Tho some weapons suffer cutoff syndrome where they don't work on widescreen, as you can see the gameplay vid you uploaded.

Other than that, it's again, promising!
haruko haruhara

Captain J wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:24 pm Steady and promising mod there! Every weapon feels like it's meant for fast-paced gameplay and i like that. Tho some weapons suffer cutoff syndrome where they don't work on widescreen, as you can see the gameplay vid you uploaded.

i'm glad to see someone still likes mods like these thanks for the reminder sadly i have no idea how to fix that but i have other projects to work on still so i can't fix some of them rn.
retronutcase

Post by retronutcase »

haruko haruhara wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:22 pm
Captain J wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:24 pm Steady and promising mod there! Every weapon feels like it's meant for fast-paced gameplay and i like that. Tho some weapons suffer cutoff syndrome where they don't work on widescreen, as you can see the gameplay vid you uploaded.

i'm glad to see someone still likes mods like these thanks for the reminder sadly i have no idea how to fix that but i have other projects to work on still so i can't fix some of them rn.
You can't really "Fix" weapon cutoff. It happens because the weapon sprite was made for a 4:3 aspect ratio. You would have to remake the sprites in a 16:9 format with the missing material added yourself.

Also, is there a reason you removed the BFG entirely from this? Slot 7 is some shotgun now.
haruko haruhara

retronutcase wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:18 pm
haruko haruhara wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:22 pm

You can't really "Fix" weapon cutoff. It happens because the weapon sprite was made for a 4:3 aspect ratio. You would have to remake the sprites in a 16:9 format with the missing material added yourself.

Also, is there a reason you removed the BFG entirely from this? Slot 7 is some shotgun now.

the shotgun is the shotgun from Hell After Dreams v3.5 skulltag mod i made it on slot 7 since i made it more op the orignal was kinda op in hell after dreams v3.5 but i made mine more powerful is that so wrong to not have a bfg9000 replacement? plus not every bfg weapon out there is great anyway.
I Know Vort-Fu

Post by I Know Vort-Fu »

The only thing I'm interested in knowing about this is where you got that really smoothly animated D64 SSG sprite from.
haruko haruhara

I Know Vort-Fu wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:24 am The only thing I'm interested in knowing about this is where you got that really smoothly animated D64 SSG sprite from.
Ah i got it from Alando1's mod called Groovy Doom Guns on doomworld idgames
I Know Vort-Fu

Post by I Know Vort-Fu »

Oh, you thought I was talking about the D3 RoE SSG. I was actually talking about the one that quite closely resembles the D64 version.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”