Ultimate Doom Builder

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
armyhatmarine
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Post by armyhatmarine »

axredneck wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:14 am
armyhatmarine wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:38 pm... laggy ...
Try to hide bottom panel.
I used it but it almost killed my pc I tried loading it one day
And it took forever even windows was struggling then my pc restarted then it was stuck of "getting windows ready" and that's when my pc was stuck I couldn't even get into safe mode and I left it shut in sleep mode for a month I opened it back up deleted gzdoom builder and just accepted that I can't play doom for awhile
boris

Post by boris »

22alpha22 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:54 pm I'm having a bit of an issue with exporting a selection to a obj model. I'm trying to export a very basic tram and for some reason UDB is exporting it inside out.
Spoiler:
Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?
Looks like you didn't select the sector surrounding your structure to export. You'll have to do that, and add the textures used for that in the "skip textures" box.
Faceman2000

Post by Faceman2000 »

Since the most recent update, I get little dialogue boxes telling me when I've toggled highlighting or gravity or so forth on and off. Is there a way to disable this?
boris

Post by boris »

Preferences -> Toasts.
Faceman2000

Post by Faceman2000 »

Awesome, thanks!
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

Well, gzdoom now has native arm support. So, I need to ask here: May we expect a release of arm UDB, or this is foolish expectancy?
boris

Post by boris »

Last time I tried it compiled and ran without a problem on my Raspberry Pi. Of course editing wasn't possible because the Raspberry Pi lacks OpenGL support, but if your hardware supports that I guess it should work.
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

Is there by any chance an option to automatically snap to a textures position on the texture list without having to scroll all the way back down? It's kind of killing my hands having to scroll all the way back down with custom textures that aren't uniquely named all that well, It always resets me back to the used texture list or the very top of the entire list.
boris

Post by boris »

There are two ways:

a) disable the textures at the top by unchecking the "Used textures at the top" checkbox
b) Press tab. That will jump between the currently selected texture in the "Used textures" section and where it is in the list of all textures
bizbee
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by bizbee »

Made an account for this, when I compile my map, ZDaemon doesn't read the NODES lump.
The map format I'm using is ZDaemon: Doom 2 ( Hexen Format ).
When I open the map in SLADE, it shows a NODES Lump.
Is this a bug with Ultimate Doom Builder, or ZDaemon?
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

bizbee wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:25 pm Made an account for this, when I compile my map, ZDaemon doesn't read the NODES lump.
The map format I'm using is ZDaemon: Doom 2 ( Hexen Format ).
When I open the map in SLADE, it shows a NODES Lump.
Is this a bug with Ultimate Doom Builder, or ZDaemon?
That appears to be more a user problem, rather then an editor problem

Also, what do you mean by 'compile a map'?
The usual process is to simply save the map.
boris

Post by boris »

Maybe you're using a nodebuilder configuration ZDaemon doesn't support. Like ZDBSP extended compressed nodes or whatever. You could try chaning it in the game configuration.
Player701

Post by Player701 »

Hello, would like to report a bug.

Seems like the script editor being always on top can soft-lock the entire program in some scenarios. For example, trying to edit a thing on the map when the script editor window is open results in all controls (including the script editor itself) becoming unresponsive: when attempting to interact with them, the "Windows Background" sound is heard, and nothing else happens. Only Alt+F4 seems to work sometimes, which closes the script editor, thus restoring everything to normal.

Obviously enough, this issue can be avoided by unchecking the "always on top" option in the script editor, but it's only a workaround. Note that it also surprised me that "always on top" is enabled in the default setup - it is somewhat annoying because it also interferes with other windows and not just UDB itself.
ZzZombo

Post by ZzZombo »

boris wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:16 am The cause is that empty input fields are treated as "do not change original value". This is used when multiple map elements selected that have differing values for their properties. For example selecting multiple sectors with different brightness levels will leave the brightness input field empty, and when hitting OK the brightness of each sector isn't changed.

This is fine for non-string fields, but for string fields there's currently no way to differentiate between "field is not supposed to change" and "user wants to change it to an empty string/remove it".

I don't really have a good solution for that right now, but as a workaround you can use this UDBScript to remove string fields: <...>
Shouldn't it be a more or less straightforward case of storing "this field is unchanged" extra boolean per field?
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Player701 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:14 amNote that it also surprised me that "always on top" is enabled in the default setup - it is somewhat annoying because it also interferes with other windows and not just UDB itself.
This (mis)behavior sounds a lot like an issue in how Windows itself handles always-on-top. In any case, not having this option on by default sounds like a good idea.

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”