GoldenEye TC Complete

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
kalensar
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): linux mint 21
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

GoldenEye TC Complete

Post by kalensar »

https://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-do ... c-complete

Just unzip and load any of the three Pk3( do not mix with Each other) with Doom2 or FreeDoom Phase 2 and OGEDoom2( THe goldenEye maps-Linked below). Works on GZDoom, ZANDRONUM, ZDoom2.8. Does NOT word on LZDoom. Meant for Single Player only.

The long awaited TC cobbled together from the best resources available for the Task.

Changelog--

Jum 18/23--- Added a Upgraded Version to the main folder. This cannot be mixed with the other PK3!
Includes: Updated Textures sourced from TurtleBoy221 FreeDoom 4x Upscale pack
Added Brosette311's Universal Map Enhancements!!! (THANKS DUDE <3<3) No Tanks though. Still waiting on reply from Sgt Mark for that
Added Raffine52 TWINE Weapons, and edited to be consistent with GoldenEye content! (THANK YOU <3<3)
REMOVED GOLDENEYE DOOM2 map Files(aka the Maps) Please DOWNLOAD from here :

https://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-do ... eh-version

ADDED in TWINE64Mini.pk3 for Doom (Its the weapons only version I made based on this.) Based on Raffine52 TWINE for Doom.
Play this as Weapons mod for Doom based maps and NOT with the GE64 mod. THis is just extra fun candy.

10/22/22
Complete Overhaul! Works on GZDoom, ZANDRONUM and ZDoom 2.8
No hitscans! All guns shoot projectile bullets.
Difficulty adjustments that make it feel closer to n64!
All Guns now Zoom (except Moonraker Laser)!! Reload uses Reload button( I bind to Shift), Right Click Zooms. Use Reload Button to Exit Zoom.
Bosses feel much better, aka Xenia and Trevelyan.
Guns that are Silent are Silent. Unarmed Strike and Hunting Knife are now Silent.
GIVE IT A TRY!!!!
Updated HUD via KalsSBARonly HUD by Kalensar.

Credits:

Raffine52-GoldenEye Weapons in Doom v1.4 <3

Raffine52-- GoldenEye Weapons in Doom Enemies Addon v1.4 <3

Raffine52- TWINE Weapons in Doom

Hopefully Sgt Mark IV for The Tank (if he can reply to me on that) Not implemented yet.

Brosette311- Universal Map Enhancements

Turtleboy221 - FreeDoom 4X Upscale Textures

Ouromov-- GoldenEye Doom 2 Dehacked Version. Aka The Levels. <3

As per Ouromov's instructions his Data Readme is included and none of the levels or assets have been tampered with or used. All edits are done editing Raffline52's original work.

Kalensar--- Welding together, balancing, and editing this project into a fun experience that captures a decent feel.

----------------

Kick back and enjoy a trip down Nostalgia road and relive a decent rendition of the acclaimed adventure that is GoldeEye on GZDoom Engine. All guns uses Reload Button to Exit Zoom(Rightclick) and to reload as well.

There are 4 Classes: James, Alec, Xenia, Solid Snake. Each Starts with different weapons. Other than that they are identical except for sounds and player sprites.

James has the most starting equipment: The Laser Watch has infinite ammo and was mainly added for completion rather than any advantage. James is the only person who starts with a silenced gun.

Alec-- Start with a DD44 Destovel

Xenia starts with a ZMG and a Hunting Knife. The Knife is Silent and is her Melee weapon.

Snake--- Starts with a normal PP7. Hes definitely the hardest starter character.
Last edited by kalensar on Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
MrRumbleRoses

Re: GoldenEye TC Complete

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

it's nice to have some GoldenEye related Doom mods being a thing. the Skulltag one was pretty cool. though it had that issue of keys not wanting to work sometimes, which kinda kills progression. and the Edge one. slow though it may be, but also trying to have missions being an actual thing. wasn't to bad either. i do wish that version was made to work with Edge Classic. but oh well i suppose
kalensar

Post by kalensar »

MrRumbleRoses wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:48 pm it's nice to have some GoldenEye related Doom mods being a thing. the Skulltag one was pretty cool. though it had that issue of keys not wanting to work sometimes, which kinda kills progression. and the Edge one. slow though it may be, but also trying to have missions being an actual thing. wasn't to bad either. i do wish that version was made to work with Edge Classic. but oh well i suppose
This TC is based on the EDGE maps! Same author of those maps in fact. Everything dealing with them was just modified by me from the Outside. The really cool part is you can extract the Gold64 wads from this PK3 and play his base for Dehacked version, which Ive played on PRBoom+. This fits right into Orumov's Distribution clause basically!

Whether you play the TC version or the map levels (aka OG vanilla style TC), the Keys work perfectly fine everywhere that Ive tested.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

kalensar wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:17 pm
MrRumbleRoses wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:48 pm it's nice to have some GoldenEye related Doom mods being a thing. the Skulltag one was pretty cool. though it had that issue of keys not wanting to work sometimes, which kinda kills progression. and the Edge one. slow though it may be, but also trying to have missions being an actual thing. wasn't to bad either. i do wish that version was made to work with Edge Classic. but oh well i suppose
This TC is based on the EDGE maps! Same author of those maps in fact. Everything dealing with them was just modified by me from the Outside. The really cool part is you can extract the Gold64 wads from this PK3 and play his base for Dehacked version, which Ive played on PRBoom+. This fits right into Orumov's Distribution clause basically!

Whether you play the TC version or the map levels (aka OG vanilla style TC), the Keys work perfectly fine everywhere that Ive tested.
i'll try & keep that in mind
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Is this kosher? Looking at the readme files for the Goldeneye Doom 2 TC from back in the yonder year of 2009 or so, and they all state that "Authors MAY NOT use these levels/graphics/sounds as a base to build additional levels/patches."
kalensar

Post by kalensar »

All I can say is if you extract the two Wads named Gold64.wad and Gold64levs.wad, renamed so I could find them easier, then you'll find that they are identical to his original Dehacked version release. No editing happened inside of the wads themselves because none was needed. All visual material used for guns, enemies and players is supplied by outside source of Raffline52 Goldeneye Weapons in Doom, and other code that I supplied myself like the Sbarinfo, mapinfo for difficulties, Menudef, every edit to every gun and enemy, the bullet tracer refining code I supplied originally from my own Code Zleek Doom bullet tracers as the base. Thats about all i can say on it other than it looks kosher for distribution purposes in line with the permissions of the GE maps.
r&r

Post by r&r »

Not bad.
a weapons compatibility patch
for GoldenEye: Rogue Agent Weapons would be nice.

Hoping the textures and enemies get updated or a addon too someday.
I mean I know it's a classic,
but there's so many ports of it,
even new textures, sprites and tweaks would be nice.
Shadow_Wulfe

Post by Shadow_Wulfe »

Are objectives listed or unnecessary?
kalensar

Post by kalensar »

r&r wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:05 pm Not bad.
a weapons compatibility patch
for GoldenEye: Rogue Agent Weapons would be nice.

Hoping the textures and enemies get updated or a addon too someday.
I mean I know it's a classic,
but there's so many ports of it,
even new textures, sprites and tweaks would be nice.
I've actually got a working model for some updated textures. I'm just fine tuning some details. Just got a super exciting answer from a colleague to add some extra bang into the mix, short lived though they are ;) .
Shadow_Wulfe wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:40 pm Are objectives listed or unnecessary?
The objectives are not listed in this port unlike in the older but superior EDGE port. Currently it is just beat the levels, and figure out how to beat them. The only stage that is absolute trash is Statue Park, but the rest are pretty good. The end of the Campaign is Map21, BUT there are many maps after that which are both finished and unfinished. I can't really comment or anything because everything I added to it had nothing to do with map fixing. The maps are ancient, but with some outside help have gained some new life.
DELTAtheDboi005

Post by DELTAtheDboi005 »

I remember playing goldeneye on the nintendo 64 back when I still had one, this will certainly be a nostalgia rush for me!

HOWEVER... I don't remember solid snake from metal gear solid being in goldeneye 64...
kalensar

Post by kalensar »

Just did a big update. Added new video for the new release. Updated the main post. Everything is up there.
BROS_ETT_311

Post by BROS_ETT_311 »

Nice work!

btw...*brosett311 :wink:
kalensar

Post by kalensar »

BROS_ETT_311 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:23 pm Nice work!

btw...*brosett311 :wink:
Thank you <3

Thanks for the correction.
DELTAtheDboi005

Post by DELTAtheDboi005 »

One thing I did notice was that even on easier difficulties, enemies absolutely fucking wallop ya, I recommend changing them from hitscans to projectiles and dial the damage back just a bit to make playing the TC a bit easier, I also remember running into a softlock in the "helicopter" section in the statue level where I would teleport into the helicopter and have to noclip out. I also recommend better signposting for doors and such to prevent confusionn. Also, add a few more soundtracks as an addon, songs like citadel (my childhood song right there) and the multiplayer songs to be specific.
kalensar

Post by kalensar »

DELTAtheDboi005 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:49 am One thing I did notice was that even on easier difficulties, enemies absolutely fucking wallop ya, I recommend changing them from hitscans to projectiles and dial the damage back just a bit to make playing the TC a bit easier, I also remember running into a softlock in the "helicopter" section in the statue level where I would teleport into the helicopter and have to noclip out. I also recommend better signposting for doors and such to prevent confusionn. Also, add a few more soundtracks as an addon, songs like citadel (my childhood song right there) and the multiplayer songs to be specific.

I can't edit the maps unfortunately due to the author's permissions on the matter. So yes there are unintentional bugs.

The enemies don't use hitscans, they use very fast moving projectiles. In the Upgrade TC version that uses the TWINE weapons, James' weapons are hitscan. It is true that damage values are increased on both enemy and player on all difficulties, but that is to reflect closer to GoldenEye rather than Doom values. Silenced weapons like the pp7 work as non-alerting.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”