Clipping error on items with multi core

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Captain Keen burner

Clipping error on items with multi core

Post by Captain Keen burner »

This is maybe more of a bug, but I’ve noticed that running software mode with multicore enabled can create clipping errors in maps on items like pickups and also stuff like trees or large enemies. A perfect example is the new boss in Doom Zero, or the trees in Map 32 of Moonblood. I know you can somewhat fix this in the maps but a lot of mappers don’t and I was wondering if there was a way to keep multicore enabled for FPS but change the rendering for items so these clipping errors no longer appear so frequently. Thanks!
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Re: Clipping error on items with multi core

Post by drfrag »

That's not a bug, it's due to sliced rendering.
Captain Keen burner

Is there any way to fix/change it without making map specific changes or reverting to single core rendering?
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

Yes and no. The only way to correctly fix this is make GZDoom calculate the right render radius of actors. Unfortunately there's nobody around that knows how to do this, so I'm afraid your only option is to turn off the sliced rendering.
Captain Keen burner

Understood, thanks for the reply.

Return to “Technical Issues”